Chapter Twenty-Six

Ashley's POV*

"Maybe I care too much." I mumble.

"Ashley, you can never care too much. Okay? Nobody can care too much." He reassures.

"Not according to Hotch." I grumble.

"Who cares what he thinks? You do you. Baby, you're amazing and perfect just the way you are. You never let this stuff get to you. You're strong, I know you are." He smiles.

"I care about what he thinks. He's my boss." I sigh.

He let go of my hand and placed his hand on my cheek. "Baby, don't. It only matters on how you think about yourself. And you're amazing, beautiful, strong, caring, funny, plus a little bit of that sarcasm that I love."

"But you don't get it. You four guys are the only people who haven't left me. My own family left me. The people who gave birth to me; they left me. People have left me my whole life." I mumble.

"And I vowed that I'd never leave you. I would never leave you in the first place. Do you wanna know what I thought when I first saw you?" He asks.

"Hm?" I respond.

"I thought that you were the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on. And as I got to know you, you were more beautiful than I thought." He smiles.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yes. With you, it was more than meets the eye. I fall in love with you more everyday." He starts. He laughs, "As cliché as it is; when I first saw you, I knew that I was gonna marry you."

I smile slightly, "Even if I didn't want to admit it, I felt the same way."

"I'll always love you. I'll never leave you. I can't unlove you. I can't unsee you. I can't unwant your touch. I just can't unlove you." He whispers.

I giggle, "You've got to stop using your songs."

"They work though. You can't deny it." He nods.

"Yeah, they do." I smile.

"Do you feel better now? I hate to see you so upset." He asks.

"Yeah. Thank you." I nod. 

He leans in and closes the gap between us. He quickly kisses me. "All that I'm telling you is the truth."

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too." He smiles.

I place my arms around his neck as his go around my waist. I smile as I hug him. "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome. Now will you come back to the room?" He asks.

I nod, while sighing. "Yeah. I guess so."

"Good. Let's go." He whispers. I quickly kiss him as he releases me. He laces our fingers together as we walk to meet Spencer by the elevator.

"You good?" Spencer asks.

"A little bit. Yeah. Thank you for checking on me." I nod.

Spencer smiles, "It's what family does."

I smile in return as we all board the elevator. Joey kept his arms around my waist as I stood against the wall. I start humming a song that was in my head.

"Baby, what are you thinking about?" Joey asks.

I sigh, "Nothing."

"I know you're thinking about something." He mumbles.

"I just wonder how my parents are doing." I whisper.

"Ask Garcia. She can find them." Spencer suggests.

"I don't want to seem stalkerish." I sigh.

"You won't. It's not like you're gonna show up at their doorstep." He shrugs.

I laugh, "True. I'll ask her."

The elevator dings and we step out, walking to our room. We walk in and the team isn't in sight, while everyone else was on the few couches or floor watching a movie.

"Where'd everyone go?" Spencer asks.

"They said something about lying down. From the jet lag. I know that feeling." Alan sighs.

"Alright. Thanks. I'm gonna call Garcia." I inform.

"Let me know what she says." Joey whispers.

"I will." I nod. I kiss him quickly before walking to our room.

I sat on the foot of the bed as I listened to the phone ring.

"He who seeks the Queen of All Knowledge, speak and be recognized." Garcia greets.

"Hey Pen." I laugh.

"Ashley! It's so good to hear from you." She giggles.

"Same. I got a question." I state.

"Shoot." She commands.

"Could you do me a personal favor?" I ask.

"Of course! You wish; my command." She laughs.

"Could you look up a Charity and Lucas Jacob?" I ask.

"Yeah! Give me a minute." She starts.

"Thanks!" I smile.

"Oh! I got something." She giggles.

"Anything." I nod.

"Oh! They live Miami, Florida. They have three children." She starts.

"Three children?" I interrupt.

"Yeah. Ella and Daniel Jacobs, then Ashley Stamper." She trails off. "Ashley, are these your parents?"

A few tears escaped from my eyes. "Yeah."

"I thought you were an only child." She states.

"So did I. Are old are they?" I ask.

"They're nine." She answers.

"So she was pregnant when they left. You've got to be kidding me." I sigh.

"I wish I was." She mumbles.

"Anything else on them?" I ask.

"Yeah. I got numbers." She answers.

"Can you send them?" I ask.

"Yeah. I'll send them asap." She replies.

"Thanks. I'll talk to you later." I sigh.

"Be careful doll." She demands.

"Of course." I laugh. After that she hung up. I laid back on the bed. I was angry. Angry at my parents. Jealous of my siblings. How could they?

My phone buzzed. Pen sent me the numbers. I quickly memorized them and typed them in.

I listened to it ring. The longest 30 seconds of my life. It was an agonizing wait.

"Hello?" A female voice greeted.

"Hi, is this Charity Jacobs?" I ask.

"Yeah. Who is this?" She asks.

"I'm SSA Ashley Stamper. I'm your daughter." I answer.

•A/N•

Hey! Double update today. This chapter is a little short. But hey, update!

Anyway, how do y'all feel about this little cliffhanger and twist? More drama!

Also; guys I now have over 500 views. Thank you so much!

Enjoy!

-xxBabyxxGirlxx😘