Chapter Fifteen

Ashley's POV~

Joey and I sat in the sand at Winthrop Beach. My head was resting on his shoulder as he held my hand.

"Don't you think it's a little cold for the beach?" I ask.

"I dunno." He replies.

"It's only March." I laugh, "but, I'm not complaining."

"I'm not complaining either." He whispers.

I looked at the ocean, blue as can be, and watch it collide with the sky. It was absolutely breathtaking.

"This is absolutely beautiful." I say.

"Not as beautiful as you." He smiles.

"Okay." I mumble.

"Really, you are. Inside and out, I'll even tell you everyday." He promises.

"I feel so guilty." I mumble, just wanting to get this off my chest.

"What?" He asks, turning to me.

"I feel so guilty." I repeated.

"Why?" He asks.

"I shot a young girl." I whispered.

"Hey, it was self defense. You were protecting you and everyone at the venue." He explains.

"But, that girl might never walk correctly because I shot her." I sigh.

"Hey, look at me. You're doing your job. Protecting everyone, especially when times get tough." He explains again, "You're doing so great. You're so brave, especially when you're stressed. Somehow, you manage to still do your job."

"I just don't get it. Sometimes, I hate myself. I hate the fact that I'm hurting people. I just want to be someone's hero. To be that person that people look up too. I hate that I have to hurt others to save possible victims." I sigh.

"Do you love your job?" He asks.

"Of course. There's things that I don't like about it, there are things that I like too." I explain.

"Okay, so what so you like about it?" He asks.

"Well, I love the fact that I'm saving people. I'm became a role model for a girl. I'm helping to rid the world of evil. Mainly, I'm becoming a light, in a world full of darkness." I smile, naming everything that I love.

"That you are. You're saving more lives than you can imagine. Trust me. You're doing something that God wanted. He's using you for something great. And if we ever had a daughter, I would want nothing more than to have her turn out like you." He smiles.

"You have no idea how that made me feel. You're my blessing in disguise." I whisper.

"I'm your blessing, and your mine." He smiles.

"When we do have children, they're gonna be so blessed that you're their father." I smile.

"When?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah. You said 'if', and I said 'when'." I sigh.

"Hey, baby." He whispers, lifting my head up.

"Hm?" I ask, suddenly becoming hurt.

"Hey, I didn't mean it like that." He explains, "I love you."

I smile a bit, "I love you too."

He leans over and kisses me. Still feeling like the first time.

He pulled away, and looked at me, "I'm really sorry if I gave that impression."

"It's fine, you just scared me." I smile.