Chapter Forty-One

~Three Weeks Later~

Ashley's POV*

I sat at home, waiting for Joey's parents to arrive and Donald. Unfortunately, Kenny and his wife couldn't make it.

I looked through the ultrasound photos. I smiled, just looking at the growth my baby has gone through the past month.

I placed my hand on my growing tummy as I felt the baby move. "Joey!" I called.

"Yeah baby?" He responded, looking through the doorway.

"Come here," I motioned. He came over and kneeled down in front of me. I smiled before taking his hand. I placed it on my stomach. His face lit up and he looked up at me with a smile.

"Hey little one." Joey whispers. The baby kicked some more at the sound of Joey's voice. His lips curled into a giant smile. "Hey baby, you like movin' around, don't you?"

"Yeah, apparently." I laugh.

~*~*~

Later that night, Joey's parents and Donald sat with us at dinner. Jeannie and Herb hadn't caught on yet, and thankfully, I had a hoodie on, hiding my swollen stomach.

"Excuse me." I mumbled, getting up. I quickly scurried away to the kitchen. I grabbed the envelope on the counter then returned to the table. I stood there, the envelope in my hands. "Joey and I have something to say." I started, "Well, show you."

I handed his parents the envelope filled with pictures from all our ultrasounds. Joey looked up at me before standing up and taking my hand. He kissed my cheek as his parents looked at us. "We're finally grandparents?" Jeannie asked.

"Yes." I smiled, "It's a boy."

"Congratulations, you two. Finally after four years." She smirks.

"Mom," Joey groaned.

"Hey, let her be excited. You were." I scolded.

"Sorry," He mumbled.

"How far along?" Donnie asks.

"I'm 20 weeks." I smile.

"Do you have a name?" Herb asks.

I look up at Joey, and he has a giant grin on his face. "His name is Arlo Donald Joseph." He answers.

"I love it." Jeannie grins.

"Arlo means fighter; Donald means ruler of the world; and Joseph means He will add." I stated.

"They're lovely." She complimented.

"Thank you." I smiled. Jeannie got up and walked around the table. She gave me a hug, then kissed Joey on the cheek.

"Donnie, we have a question for you." Joey stated.

"What is it?" Donnie asks.

"We want you as the godfather. Wanna do it?" Joey asks.

Donnie grinned, "Yeah. I'll do it."

I smiled, then placed my hand on Joey's forearm as my other hand laid on my tummy. Joey looked at me, "Are you okay, babe?"

"Yeah. He's just squirmy today." I nodded.

"May I?" Jeannie asks, referring to the baby. I nodded. She smiled and gently laid her hands on my stomach. "It's been 29 years." She mumbled.

"Joey, talk to him. He loves listening to you." I smile.

"Hey little one. Your grandmother and grandfather are here. As well as your uncle Donnie. They're all so excited to see you in a couple of months." Joey kept talking. The baby kept moving around. Jeannie smiled, tears started to form in her eyes.