Chapter Fifty Four

Ashley's POV~

That next day, the team came home. They all went out to celebrate, like usual, but unfortunately, I had to decline.

So in the end, Joey came and picked me up. I was greeted to the guys being in my livingroom. I hadn't seen them in four days, so it was nice to see my family.

"Tired?" Alan asked as I sat on the couch.

"Yeah. I stayed up for two nights in a row checking social media accounts." I nodded.

"Exactly why I decided to bring you and Garcia coffee every morning," Joey smiled, kissing my cheek.

"And we both appreciated that very much." I grinned.

"Good," he nodded. I sighed and laid my head back against the couch.

"I'm surprised you aren't taking a nap." Chad snickered.

"I can't sleep," I mumbled, "It's too uncomfortable. And besides, then I won't be able to sleep tonight."

"Have you gotten any good sleep?" Alan asked.

I shook my head, "Not really."

"Babe, just go take a nap. You can't deprive yourself of sleep. Especially with the baby." Joey stated.

"Fine. But until you carry a five pound baby and have constant back pain, let me know." I grumbled, standing up.

Joey grabbed my wrist as I began to walk away. "Baby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that." He apologized.

I rolled my eyes and huffed, "Whatever."

He sighed and let go of my wrist. I sighed and waddled my way upstairs and into my room.

Not even minutes later, Joey was knocking on the bedroom door. I ignored it, I wasn't really in the mood.

After a few more tries, I thought he gave up. He sighed, "Babe, I'm not letting you go to sleep mad. I'm sorry that I made you upset, but please hear me out."

I groaned, "Fine."

He cautiously opened the door, while I stood there impatiently. He slowly made his way towards me. He smiled slightly as he gently laid his hands on my face, gliding his thumbs over my cheekbones.

"I really didn't mean to make you upset, baby. Okay? I'm sorry, but you need rest, babe. You have a little human depending on you," he starts.

"I know. It's just everyone's on top of me." I sighed.

"Don't worry about anything else. I want you worrying and caring about our baby. He's the one who needs you most right now." He reassured.

I nodded, "Okay."

"Do you forgive me?" He asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"Okay. You know that I only want what's best for you and our baby. I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too," I smiled.

~*~*~

Late that night, Joey and I laid in bed. I rolled over and was met with his sleeping form.

I smiled as I quietly snuck out of bed, and out of the bedroom. I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen.

I quietly opened our snack cabinet, knowing Joey had to have one when we moved in. I rolled my eyes at the memory as I looked for my animal crackers. When I couldn't find them, I groaned, "Where are they? They were just here the other day. I swear if he ate them-"