Chapter Sixty

Ashley's POV~

I followed behind Joey as he went down the stairs. I was ready for his reaction.

Just as he hit the last step, he gasped. I smiled, knowing that he liked it. "Ashley, baby, what's this?" He asked, turning to face me.

"Keep going." I urged.

He nodded and went further. He stopped in the middle of the room, gaping. "Ashley, you've got to be kidding. There's no way."

"Believe it, Joey. That's yours." I smiled, "Now, you can teach our little boy. It's all for you."

He turned to me, and laced our hands. "Thank you, baby." He whispered, kissing my hands.

"Merry Christmas." I nodded.

He shook his head, "Wow. My gift doesn't even compare to this."

"Joey," I spoke. I placed his hands on my stomach, "This is the best gift of all. Within a week, we'll have a baby boy. You made him too."

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too." I smiled, "Come on. There's more."

"No. It's your turn." He shook his head, "It's not a lot,"

"Joey, it's okay. Gifts don't matter, that's not the point of the holiday." I reassure.

He sighed, "I know, but that piano had to cost a fortune."

"Baby, don't worry about it. Okay?" I replied.

He nodded, "Okay. Sit down, baby."

I smiled and sat down on the couch. He smiled and kissed me before he handed me my first gift.

~*~*~

The rest of the day was spent at Donald's place with the rest of the family.

The three boys were rough-housing, while Jeannie and Herb were in the other room. I sat quietly on the couch, watching the three play.

"Oh baby, your family is crazy and fun. You're definitely in for a treat." I laughed, rubbing my belly.

The three boys poked their heads up. "Hey!"

"Sorry, boys." I shrugged.

"Babe," Joey fake pouted, "That hurt."

"Hey! I love you, otherwise I wouldn't have married you four years ago." I smiled.

"What are we?" Kenny asked.

"Chopped liver?" Donald questioned.

I laughed, "I love you boys too. Come on, I married into this family."

Joey smirked, "She just loves me more."

I rolled my eyes. Donnie grinned, "Actually, I almost asked her out. Then I found out that you liked her."

"Woah!" I laughed, "You had a thing for me too?"

"Who didn't?" He asked, "Come on. You were really pretty, and you were independent. That's what guys like."

Joey coughed awkwardly, "Um. Can we not talk about my wife like that?"

Donnie laughed and placed a hand on Joey's shoulder, "Come on, bro. I see her like a sister now."

"Good. Because, uh, I don't plan on marrying another woman." Joey stated, crossing his arms.

"Good. I wasn't gonna let you anyway. You're stuck with me now." I joked.

He shook his head, "Nah. I just love you."

"I love you too." I smiled.

Donnie groaned, "Ugh. Enough with the couple moments."

Kenny snickered, "You're just saying that because you don't have a girl."

Donnie shrugged, "Oh. Well. I'm still waiting."

Joey sat down next to me, lacing our hands on laying them on top of my tummy.

"Honestly, I'm so ready for him come now. Is that bad?" I laughed.

He smiled, "No. That's not bad. You've carried him for nine months."

"With our luck he'll be late." I shrugged.

"Hey, that's not a bad thing." He mumbled.

"I'm ready for my nephew too." Kenny stated.

I nodded, "Aren't we all."

"At the most, only three more weeks." Joey smiled.

"Three weeks too long." I groaned. I looked down to my belly as I rubbed it. I sighed, "Okay, little guy. You can come now any time. We're ready for you."

"She's going crazy!" Donnie laughed.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Joey grinned, "That's why I fell in love with her."

"How long have you two known each other?" Kenny asked.

I looked to Joey. I shrugged, "I think he finally introduced himself to me on my 19th birthday."

"Finally?" Donnie asked.

Joey laughed and rubbed the back of his neck. "I went to the coffee house that she worked at."

"And well, Caleb tried to ask me out for him. Back in 2009." I stated.

Donnie laughed, "Yeah. I remember, he kept sneaking in at night."

Joey sighed, "Wha..? How did you even know?"

He smirked, "Oh little bro, you have no clue."

"You boys really are crazy. Adding another to the mix probably wasn't a good idea." I joked.

"You know, by ourselves we're not this crazy. Only when all three of us are together." Kenny stated, crossing his arms.

"Girls can be just as bad." Donnie mumbled.

"You see, I wouldn't know. I didn't grow up siblings, my little sister and brother are nine." I remarked, "Another reason why I want a girl for our next."

"Wait a second. Our next?" Joey asked.

"Well, yeah. I thought you've always wanted a family." I nodded.

"Yeah, but with you being with the BAU, I didn't if you did." He started.

"Trust me, I want this. If Hotch and JJ can do it, then so can we." I smiled.

"What's it like being in the BAU?" Kenny asked.

"It's different. It's terrifying at times, but amazing. It's nice to know that I have a whole team to back me up." I answered.

"Especially when your wife is shot on the job." Joey muttered.

"That was once, and I was fine. It was my arm." I stated, "It's not like I haven't been shot before."

He shook his head, "I don't care. It still scares me."

I sighed, "Baby, let's not do this. We've had this conversation before."

"I know. I'm sorry." He mumbled.

I smiled and kissed his cheek, "It's okay."

•A/N•

Hey! Short little chapter, but the next one will be longer, and in different parts. So, fair warning.

Vote and Comment!

-xxBabyxxGirlxx😘✌🏼️