Chapter Sixty-One

~*~*~Three Weeks Later~*~*~

Ashley's POV~

Joey rushed me out of the door. He and the guys had a livestream, and unfortunately, he wouldn't leave me home alone. I was currently two weeks late, and I could literally give birth at any given moment.

Arlo wanted to be that baby, who likes to stay until the last possible minute. It was quite annoying.

"Baby, come on. We're late." Joey urged.

I sighed, "I'm going as fast as I can, Joseph. I'm 42 weeks pregnant."

"Right. I'm sorry." He mumbled.

I wrapped my hand around his forearm, and his hand laid on the small of my back. As always, he helped me to the car.

Once I was in the passenger seat, he went over to the other side and climbed. He started the car and left.

"I don't get why I couldn't be left home." I stated.

"Babe, you're 42 weeks pregnant. Labor that's why." He sighed.

I shrugged, "I know what to do. I would call you, Joey."

He shook his head, "What if I couldn't get there fast enough?"

"Like I said, I know what to do." I muttered.

"That doesn't answer the question, Ashley Faith." He sighed, "He could literally come at any moment."

"Which is why we should be at home." I replied, crossing my arms.

"Truth is; we thought you'd already given birth by now." He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes. I sighed, "I told you, it could be up to another two weeks until I've given birth."

"I know. I know. I wasn't thinking. We thought Arlo would've been born by now." He stated.

I groaned as a contraction came through. I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the head rest, letting it wave through.

"He can come at anytime now. Getting tired of contractions." I muttered.

Joey held out his hand for me to take, and I did, lacing our fingers. "Breathe, baby." He soothed.

I gasped out after a few minutes. "Joey, turn around."

"Why?" He asked.

"Go to the hospital. Joseph, I'm in labor." I mumbled.

"What? How do you know? Is it just the contractions?" He questioned.

"Joseph Patrick, go to the hospital. My water just broke." I stated, gritting my teeth.

"O-Okay." He breathed out. At the just cross road, he turned around. "Baby, I'm gonna call the guys, okay?"

I nodded, "Fine."

He let go of my hand and called Alan, putting it on speaker phone.

"Hey, Joe." Alan greeted.