Part 34: Puppies on the mind

Allen's POV:

Jacobs been acting really weird for a month now. And I'm not gonna lie it's driving me up a wall. He won't let me touch him. At all.
No hugs. No kisses. No cuddling.
No sex.
NO SEX!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been poring over my memory trying to figure out what I've done wrong. I can't figure it out.
I've been on my best behavior.
Then I keep trying to, you know, light the candles and try and get him in the mood so things can get back to normal but no he shuts me down every time.
Goddess its killing me.
Like my wolf has been depressed lately. Not wanting to go out for runs, hunt or get it in with Jacob.
Ugh I don't want it to be this way. I miss the days when we couldn't be home together without him being in my lap.
But I'm not giving up just yet, Jacob had to run to the pack doctor so I put together a romantic candle light dinner. Hopefully I can get him to at least talk to me about what's going on.
He should be back any minute now so I quickly changed to a causal blue suit and stood by the door.
He walked in and looked surprised to see me.
"Hey Allen, you look handsome. Are you going somewhere?"
"Um no I just made a little dinner, come and join me?"
"Sure." He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and put down his bags.
"Can I have a real kiss?" Might as well try my luck. He leaned forward and gave me a peck. Like the kind you give your icy hot smelling grandma.
He sat at the table and I got the plates. I made lasagna with extra meat and sauce his favorite. When I set it in front of him his eyes almost popped out of his head.
"Omg!!!! Allen! You made my favorite! Your gonna spoil me you know."
I laughed. "It's my job."
He happily started digging in.
"So baby, how's everything been lately?" Jacob looked at me with a question in his eyes.
"I just feel like you have been a little distant lately." He continued to eat quietly but looked guilty of something.
"Jacob?" I said softly.
"I haven't been distant." He said coldly. {He's lying} My wolf whined.
"Then is everything okay? Nothing happened you want to tell me about."
"No. Nothing happened I'm fine." His voice was hard and it cut me deeper than any blade ever could. I kept my voice soft.
"Well if something did happen, I'm here if you want to talk-"
"Just drop it okay?! Everything's fine. If there is something wrong it's in your head! And I'm not talking about up their!"
What the hell?!
I'm trying to! You know what fuck this!!!
I got up from the table and went the bedroom slamming the door behind me.
-----------
Jacobs POV:
*SLAAAMMM*

My heart hit my stomach.
{You colossal fucking idiot. He was trying to talk to us. That was the perfect time.}
I know!!! I just freaked out...
{Your pushing him away.}
I know! Ugh... I should go apologize.
{And tell him about our kid. I miss my mate.}
Ya I know-
{Stop saying I know!!! Go to him now!}
I got up and walked to our bedroom. I tried to open the door but I guess he locked it. I gently knocked on the door.
"Ally-bear? Are you in their? Can I come in and talk?"
"Go away."
"Please I'm begging you. Im really sorry."
"I don't want to see you right now."
"Allen I need you...and I need to tell you something. *sigh* I'm pre-"
*ding dong*
God why now?
"I'm gonna be right back."
I walked to the door and opened it. My day can't get worse right? Wrong.
My mom was standing in the door with an overnight bag.
"The guest room is ready right?" She walked in.
"No! You didn't call in advance and this isn't the best time."
"I know, but I heard the future wolf king is found and recovering so I figured you would be free. Where's Allen?"
"Um we are kinda fighting."
She shock her head.
"What did he do to you?"
"He didn't do anything." She wrapped an arm around me.
"Is that what he told you baby?" I shook her of me.
"No. It's really MY fault." I heard the bedroom door open. I turned to see Allen, he looked so sad... It looks like he's been crying. I don't even remember a time when he's cried. I'm such a Fuck up. I ran to hug him.
But he walked right past me ignoring my hurt face and my mothers presence.
"Where are you going ally-bear."
"I don't now, just... I need to get away for awhile." Wait? Don't...
"Allen please don't-"
"It's a little late for that Jacob. I tried..I really did. I just need space. I think we need a break."
A break?
"No baby!" I ran up to him and forcefully hugged him. "Please don't go..." I started to cry into his chest. He ran his hand through my hair trying to calm me down.
"I think it's for the best." He prided me of him and walked to the door.
"You dog. Your just gonna leave your pregnant mate? Wow you are less of a man than I thought you were." My mom spoke up.
Allen turned to both of us. He was in total shock.
"You...me..um...puppies?" I nodded tears still in my eyes. He walked up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me in close and looking me in the eyes.
"How long?"
"A month."
"Why did you keep it from me?"
"It never seemed like the right time, I didn't know how you would react."
"I've wanted to have pups with you for years now. I've told you that."
"More like I was dealing with it. It's just I couldn't deal with it. Gaining weight, feeling less sexy, not being sure of myself."
"You don't have to deal with it by yourself. I'm here for you. Plus if it means anything you have been glowing lately...and I've never been more attracted to you."
"So you're staying?"
"Of course I am. I was never really gonna leave. I was gonna wait in the hallway till you fell asleep then get in bed with you." He gave me a big grin.
"With that said don't you ever keep something like this from me. We shouldn't be fighting."
I couldn't find the right way to answer so I kissed him.
-----------
Jane's POV:

I rubbed Alice's head in my hands. Those soft green eye giving me a loving look after not having seen me for so long.
-I didn't know you could sing. It was radiant.-
I kissed her snout and her tail went crazy.
-We can talk all about that later, for right know how do you feel? What do you remember?-
-Remember? Ugh am I supposed to remember something?- That can't be a good sign.
-Okay let's just start with the basics. Who are you.- She paused to think about it.
-Alice Steel.-
-Good who am I?-
-Jane my mate silly.- Okay good.
-What's the last thing you remember?-
-Um well I was at the kings house and we were training... Everything after that is fussy. Did something happen?-
-Well ya but I will tell you about it later. It's a lot for now. How do you feel? Physically.-
-Well parts of me hurt. It feels like I haven't eaten anything in awhile. And my wolf has a headache which is weird.-
-Anything else?-
-It feels like I've been missing you...badly. But that's crazy cause you're right here.-
I gave her another kiss.
-Don't worry, it makes perfect sense.-
-Okay, where's my scarf?-
-What?-
-The scarf that you brought me! I was wearing it when I went to the kings house! Don't tell me I lost it?!-
-Calm down puppy it's okay we well find it.-
She jumped out of my arms and tried to move but ended up clumsily falling of the edge.
"Are you okay?"
I heard her whine. She's good.
"You haven't been active lately so you have to take it easy. I will ask the king if he has it okay?"
She let out a happy howl.
I got up and helped her back on the bed.
*DING DONG*
What is it now?
"Alice I'm gonna get the door okay? I will be back."
-No!- She grabbed the end of my shirt with her teeth and started to whine.
-I can get the door you stay!-
-You're hurt puppy, don't worry I will be right back.- She shock her head no and started putting me closer to her.
-How bout I leave to door open so you can watch me and I hum a song for you in my head?- She let go.
I kissed the top of her head and left the room humming an old sonic adventure theme song. It's called escape from the city I think, all I know is Alice plays the level like crazy.
*DING DONG*
"I'm coming!" I picked up my pace and opened to door. When I did it was instantly crushed by the warm hugs of three people.
"I can't breathe!" I struggled to say.  I could hear Alice barking happily in the background. They let go and I was finally able to see who was there.
Nick and Alice's parents!
For some reason I always forget Miss.Steel is half black. She's short but with her beauty and presence you never really notice.
Alice gets definitely gets her eyes from her mom, a loving green.
Then next to her is her partner Mr.Steel. Short cut black hair and deep blue eyes. Built strong, I know where Alice gets her fistic from.
Then who can forget my favorite blonde boy! Look at that he's growing a beard!
"Jane! It's so good to see you love, how's Alice? Is everything okay?" Lily said.
"Oh ya, she just woke up. I'm gonna make her something to eat. But um she doesn't remember what happened so..."
"We got it. Don't bring it up till she's feeling better." Mr.Steel spoke up.
"So why did you guys come by?"
"Well we all wanted to check on Alice and we haven't seen you guys in so long!" Miss Steel said and hugged me. She's so cute I couldn't help but hug her back.
"Where is she?"
"The bedroom."
"I'm gonna sit with her, if you don't mind."
Nick said.
"Me to." Mr.Steel spoke and smiled at me. They both walked away.
"So want me to help you make dinner?"
"Ya that sounds great."
We both walked into the kitchen, Lily had a box with her. She opened it up and pulled out, Oh my god!!!!
A live lobster?!?!
"Why do you have that?"
"It's Alice's favorite! Can you start boiling some water?"
"But it's still alive..."
"That's how you cook it. What awe, Jane, have you ever killed a animal before?"
"No, how did you guess?"
"It's written all over your face. Don't worry I will do it if you're not comfortable."
I nodded and started chopping up lettuce.
"So when can I expect some grand puppies?"
"Ummm..." I drowned out quietly. Kids now, the thought hasn't even crossed my mind yet I mean Alice is always getting into stuff and needs my attention... I don't think bringing kids into to the picture is right.
"Hello? Earth to Jane."
"Oh I'm sorry, I don't know if now is the right time. I mean Alice never talks about it."
"Really? Alice always said she wanted a big family, a whole litter." A whole litter?!?!??!
"Um maybe in the future..." She chuckled at the expression on my face.
"Let's eat."
----------
Shout out to allllll the people that like and comment, I know I say it means the world to me a lot but I mean it more and more every time!
Sooooo comment and I will see you later!