Chapter 17 - "We were so different"

The next day.

2:12pm

Tori sat in her living room eating some yogurt and granola, as her music blasted out her speakers. Scrolling though her phone, she randomly nodded at posts and continued eating. Her mom and dad were working, and she didn't want to disturb the girls today so she relaxed at home. Ryan hadn't even text her, over the past couple days and she didn't want to text him in case he was busy. Also because, she didn't really want too. She felt bad, but it was the truth.

One song finished, and went to another. Tori sighed as she put down her phone, to finish up her bowl. Crunching on some flakes, a knock at her door sounded. Scooping up the last of the yogurt, she ate it before putting the bowl down onto the table. She made her way to her front door, as she swallowed her food and opened the door.

"What up, buttercup?" Michael grinned at her. Her food catching slightly at the back of her throat, making it harder for her to get a breath. "What the...?!" Tori asked, as she looked at him up and down. Barging his way in, and through to Tori's main hallway he turned and looked at her, hands in his pocket. "What are you doing here?" Tori sighed, closing her door and turned to look at him. "Well, you said you wouldn't talk to me so here I am. To talk to you" He waved his hands around a little in his pockets.

Looking from his jeans, to his denim jacket to the black hairs that pocked out his backwards snapback she shook her head. "Why would you want to sit and talk to a silent person?" Tori folded her arms. "So it's a ' I talk, you listen? ' " Michael asked. "I'm not letting you undermine me Michael. Just get out" She huffed a little. "Hmm" Michael turned around. "Still stack water in your fridge?  Little thirsty." He nodded, before walking down her hall to her kitchen.

"What the fuck?" Tori spoke to herself quietly, as she followed. "Why don't you just go?" Tori asked him, as she entered her kitchen to see Michael take a water from the fridge. "I'm here to talk to you. You haven't spoke to me properly, or nicely since we saw each other" He told her, before sipping some. "Wow, I wonder why!" Tori spoke sarcastically, as she shook her head. "We're adults Tori, can we be mature about this?" He asked, screwing the bottle cap back on.

"Yeah...see that's where I see the problem. Whats being mature about discussing my past events with my ex when I found out...he was fucking another girl...?" Tori smiled, pointing to him before her face dropped and she rolled her eyes. Walking out her kitchen she made her way back to the hall. "Fucked. There's a difference" Michael told behind her. "Like there's a different, you asshole" Tori turned to face him.  "You haven't spoke to me in nearly, 16 months..." He told her, serious. "I wonder why too? Do you have amnesia?" Tori asked.

"Are you looking up my songs?" He mocked a little. "Fuck you, seriously? Still the cocky asshole" Tori nodded. "I'm joking, calm your tits" He sighed. "They are very calm. Right now" She narrowed her eyes. "Yeah I know" He nodded, before his eyes made their way to Tori's chest. "Ugh!" Tori sighed, before turning. "We haven't discussed anything, we need too..." Michael walked forward and took her hand. "Get your filthy, adulterer hands off me!" Tori snapped at him.

"Woah, nasty." Michael stood back. "You've not seen nasty yet." Tori warned him. "What made you think that you would come here and be like ' oh whatup buttercup' and I'd talk to you like nothings happened?" Tori shrugged. "I thought we could talk..." Michael began. "What? Talk about what? How you got drunk, and ' fell ' into another girls bed? Whats not to understand about that, I get it!" Tori told him. "I want to know how your doing too...I'm trying to be reasonable here" He told her.

"Reasonable?! Oh okay, he wants to be reasonable. You got drunk, fucked another girl in a different bed, while in a relationship with me and didn't even have the balls to tell me! I had to put pieces together from the girl, you shagged." Tori told him, her voice getting louder. Michael nodded. "After one stupid decision, you hate my guts?" He shrugged, looking at her. "How could anyone forgive someone for sleeping with another person, while they are in a relationship? Drunk or not" Tori sighed.

"Does the rule book, let that go? Being drunk? How would you feel if I came to you, hugged you and kissed you. Telling you that everything was fine, except I met a guy in Chicago, went out and got wasted out my face and woke up next to him the next morning?" Tori asked. "...I wouldn't mind, I..." Michael began. "You wouldn't mind...?" Tori scoffed. "Okay fine! I'd be pissed the fuck off, knowing some dirtbag touched my girl!" Michael snapped.

"Your girl? I haven't been your girl in a long time Michael" Tori nodded, calmly. "Not since...those months you left New York when you became a band" Tori's eyes glistened. Michael nodded, as he bit his lip and looked down at his feet. "Wow...we sure done a home run" Michael tried to laughed but failed as he stared at the floor, sounding more hurt. "Why would you want me when you have her, she tours with you" Tori told him.

"She doesn't! She was Ashton's friends, friend" He sighed. "You went on holiday with her" Tori shook her head. "We all went, as a group" Michael corrected her. "Does it matter? You seemed offal close" Tori sighed. "And...your not looking up pictures of me?" Michael half smiled. "....I follow Pete Wentz, I love fall out boy. He posted stuff Michael" Tori told him. "I don't even see Crystal anymore, apart from that holiday" He shrugged. "Nice to know, you still talk to the girl who fucked up your relationship with ' your girl who you loved ' " Tori quoted with her fingers.

"I did love you...I do!" Michael looked at her. "No you don't" She tutted and shook her head. "So that's it? You hate me, and that's the end of it." Michael asked. "I don't hate you..." Tori admitted. "I'm...angry at you, pissed off and hurt" Her voice cracked. "I done so much, to give you a chance...and I got punched in the stomach for it" Tori's voice got quieter as she spoke, trying not to let on she might even cry.

Michael turned his face as he rolled his lips together, and blinked his eyes. "How could you?" Tori whispered at him as she let her arms drop down. "Im so sorry..." Michael told her quietly as he walked towards her and wrapped his arms around her. "Im so...so, fucking sorry" Michael whispered, as he chin rested on Tori's shoulder as he softly swayed her from side to side. "Why..?" Tori asked, as tears ran down her face, and she sat her hands onto Michael's back.

Smelling in his scent of familiar cologne, had felt like a piece of her heart had mended back together. She didn't know why, and she didn't want it too but a small hole was replaced.  A soft kiss was placed on Tori's head. "I don't even want to hug you right now..." Tori told him. "Sorry" Michael went to let go but Tori grabbed him slightly. A smile tugged on the edges of Michael's lips as a tear passed them. "We were so different two years ago..." Michael told her and felt Tori nod.

"We'd be...messing your sofa up right now" He mocked, making Tori slap his back softly. He chuckled a little. "Kidding, I meant your bed" He joked. Tori let out a small chuckle, as she shook her head. "I'd much rather being doing this right now." He admitted to her. "Yeah well...we're not friends..." Tori let got of him, and stood up straight as she wiped her face. Michael turned away as he wiped away his wet cheek, before Tori could see. "I cant...forgive that easily" She told him.

Nodding Michael looked at her. "I'll go then..." He told her. Tori shook her head and took a breath. "You said you wanted to talk...about now, and whats been happening" Tori told him as she walked into her living room. Michael smiled a little as he followed her. "I want to know, how the world is in different countries, and cities" She smiled a little, as she sat down.