Chapter 27 - Windy City.

Tori stood in a bed room, looking at her case which was closed and zipped. She'd just put it onto the bed, as she got in a few hours ago. She was in Ryan's apartment and he wasn't home yet. She thought it would be good to avoid talking about Michael, and how she bumped into her ex. Sighing, she walked out his room and looked around his small kitchen and living room area.

Okay she had a deadline. Tomorrow, she had to go to an office somewhere where she had never been before just out of the town where she was, but it was still considered apart of Chicago. To hand in her writing work to the writer, and publicist. She felt like she was at school again, handing in essays and homework. She was nervous, yet excited about it though.

Walking into the kitchen, she took a small glass before looking into his fridge. It was a little empty with a few beers, a half bottle of wine, a few bagels with butter and some packets of cold meat. Looking at the things, her stomach grumbled a little making her sigh. Guess he hadn't been shopping in a while...only he did it when she said she was getting some things. Looking in the bottom, she saw two cans of coke. Taking one out she cracked it open and poured it into the class.

Her phone chimed, and she took it out her back pocket.

Michael : Hey hope you had a safe flight, see you soon :) xx

Tori : Yeah I did thanks. Tired though, hope you have a safe flight. See ya soon. xx

Michael : You'll get used to the jeg lag soon ;) see you tomorrow? xx

Tori : I know. I'll just moan at you! haha ... Maybe. I'll see, have appointment tomorrow with writer xx

Michael : Always had you moaning lmao. Ah okay. Good luck! It'll be awesome, not even read it but I know :P xx

Tori : Shut up :P Thanks, means a lot :) xx

Michael : I know your writing does, and I know your awesome too. No need to worry Tor :3 xx

Tori : Thanks. I'll text you later or probably tomorrow anyway xx

Michael : Cool. Sounds good, see you later xx

Looking at her phone, she read the text before sighing. Putting her phone down, she lifted the glass before sipping some. She agreed to ' tag ' along with Mikey and the guys. He said she wouldnt be a tag along though, but a any other person with them. He seemed really happy too, which kinda made Tori happy. In all honesty, she was quite happy that she would see him a lot. As much as she didnt want to admit it.

Tori was disturbed when the front door of the apartment opened then closed. Footsteps sounded then stopped. "Tori!" Ryan's voice spoke, making Tori turn. "Your back!" He grinned, as he threw his bag down on the floor. He had blue skinny jeans, boots, and a vest top with his leather jacket. "Yeah, hello!" Tori laughed a little, as he hugged her. Hugging him back, she then let go as she looked up at him.

"So, how was it?! Tell me everything? How was your writing?" He fired questions at her. "Ha, um it was fine and I think its good..." She nodded. "I have an appointment tomorrow, an hour away to hand it in to a writer." She told him smiling. "That's amazing babe!" He grinned at her. "Yeah..." Tori took her phone from the kitchen counter slowly, and put it in her back pocket.

"Have you had anything to eat?" Ryan asked, as he stood in front of her. "No...um just just a little tired" She told him, rubbing under her eye. "Aw. Okay well, you sit down and I'll order some Chinese food." He told her, as he hugged her. "You can tell me about it, and I'm sorry I couldn't see your mom and dad" He looked back at her. "Its fine, maybe another time" Tori nodded, as she smiled at him. "Yeah" He leaned in and pecked her lips. "You want some wine with dinner?" He asked. Tori took her cup and shook her head as she headed towards the sofa.

"Its fine...I have this" She told him, avoiding wine. "Okay...hey whats with your eyes?" He asked her. "How'd you mean?" She turned to him. "Why you wearing so much black on your eyes? Never used too" He told her. "I...always wear winged liner..." Tori told him a little confused, to why he even mentioned it. "Yeah but your wearing more...black under your eyes" He made a face, before opening the fridge. "You don't suit it babe...your not in school anymore" He then chuckled.

Tori stood, rather shocked he said that. Turning she walked to his sofa and sat down. How dare he? She stopped wearing liner on her waterline when she met Ryan, because he told her she beautiful with her normal eyes. That, however what he told her...

"What you wanting?" He asked her, as he got himself a drink. "Uh..just order anything. I'm not bothered." She told him, as she switched his TV on. "Well what would you like...panda eyes" He chuckled as he walked over to her. "Ryan thats not funny" She quickly defended herself. "What...I was joking." He laughed as he sat down. "No, thats twice. Why mention it" She told asked him. "Tori I was joking." He told her, making her sound like a silly girl who was taking it too far.

"I just took a five hour flight, away from my parents and family. Excuse me if my makeup is a little too smudged for your liking under my eyes!" Ryan looked at her, before she sighed and shook her head. "Sorry...like I said, I'm tired" Ryan smiled a little as he nodded. "And you get cranky" He moved his face down more towards hers. "Mhm" She nodded. "Right, I'll order food" He told her tapping her knee before pecking her cheek and standing up.