Chapter 38 - Crisp Autumn days.

2 weeks later. Chicago, Illinois.

August 12th. Wednesday Afternoon.

"Hey, dude! Are you getting up today?!" Ashton kicked Michael's foot as he laid, sprawled across a hotel sofa in sweats and a tank.

Sighing, he mumbled something. "We have an interview in like an hour" Ashton sighed, as he fastened his watch on his wrist. "Not to also remind you, a radio show with an acoustic performance" Calum told them both, walking into the room putting a beanie onto his head.

"What is his problem?" Ashton mouthed to Calum, and watched as he shrugged, before pouring himself some coffee. Tutting Michael sighed, as he got up. "Fine, fine I'm up okay" He told them, before walking off into the bathroom.

Ashton shook his head, with a small smile on his face. Picking up his phone, he scrolled through his contacts before pressing call.

' Hello? ' A different voice answered.

' Hello! Hanna? ' Ash asked.

' Yeah hey Ash...sorry Tori cant really come to the phone right now...' She told him.

' Is everything okay? ' He asked.

' Oh yeah. She's just uh...got a touch of the lazy flu ' She told him.

' Awh, hope she's okay. You and Spencer also, it's probably all the traveling ' Ash told them, clearing his throat.

' Yeah...she's been like this for a few days now. Just not bothered by shit ' Hanna sighed.

Ashton frowned a little.

' Just recently? ' He asked.

' Yeah why? '

' Its just...Mike is the same ' He chuckled a little.

' Hmm...odd ' Hanna nodded.

' Yeah a little. Hm, well are you girls coming to the radio show today? ' Ash asked.

' Oh no, we'll skip it and just see you guys later on. Let you do...what you do best ' Hanna laughed a little.

 ' Okay then, well up to you girls. We'll see you later then okay? '

' Okay then! See you guys later! ' Hanna hung up.

"Everything okay?" Calum asked, sitting down in the spot on the sofa with still a slight imprint to where Michael lay. "Yeah, just the girls arent coming today. We'll see them later" Ashton smiled. "Hm. Okay...what were you saying about Michael?" Calum asked, as he sipped some coffee.

"Tori just seems a little...off right now, and I said Mikey was the same" Ashton nodded, as he folded his arms. "Hm" Calum scoffed, as he chuckled a little. "What?" Ashton smiled. "Those two..." Calum shook his head with a smile on his lips. "Oh, I think we all think the same" Ashton chuckled.

"Think the same about what?" Luke asked, as he walked out the room with his phone in his hand. "That we dont really like you" Calum joked. "What?" Luke asked. Ashton laughed a little. "Tori and Michael" He told him. "Oh...I know, dont tell me about it" Luke rolled his eyes. "Says you." Calum looked away as he sipped more coffee.

Luke turned to him, before he frowned and sat down. "Are we uh...having company with us today?" Calum asked. "I dont know, did they say?" Luke asked. "Who?" Calum asked. "The girls?" Luke guessed. "Not talking about them..." Calum smirked, making Ashton smile. "No, they arent. We'll see them later" Ashton informed him.

"Oh." He made an 'o' with his mouth, a little sarcastically before looking down at his phone. "So..who are you talking about?" He then looked back up at Calum. "Santa Clause" Calum mocked, before he sniffed and cleared his throat. "I'm heading out for a cig...be right back" He nodded, before putting his cup down. Luke watched, as he walked out the hotel door.

"Better watch he doesnt get jumped" Luke scoffed, as he then looked down at his phone again. Ashton rolled his eyes, as he turned and saw Michael walk out the bathroom, fixing his belt. He had a grey sweatshirt on with jeans and boots .

"Did...you shower?" Ashton asked. Michael gave him a look, before yawning. "Mate...we're going out today" Ashton shook his head, as he smiled. "I'll shower later" He told him. "Well, I'll do it later..." He sighed. "Before or after the girls come by?" Ashton asked. "Tori's coming over?" Michael asked, his eyes wide.

"Will that get you to smell better?" Luke turned to them. "Will you stop being a dick without that phone is your hand?" Michael turned to him. "Guys." Ashton sighed. Sticking up his middle finger, Luke flipped Michael off with a smile. "I can do it too, dude" Michael put both hands up and his middle fingers.

"Guys!" Ashton repeated. Luke tutted as he turned back around and glued his eyes back to his phone. "Dont we have to go? Where's Calum?" Michael shook his head. "Out right now. We'll be heading out soon...are you okay?" Ashton asked Michael.

"Uh yeah, I'm fine" Michael nodded. Frowning a little, Ashton wasnt convinced. "You and Tori okay?" He then asked. Michael sighed, as he looked at Ashton. "No, we're not. Thats the truth." He nodded. "When are they ever okay?" Luke mocked.

"Hey!" Michael stood straight, getting defensive. "Just saying" He smirked. "Mikey..." Ashton began. "Hey, asshole! Why dont you butt the fuck out of situations that dont concern you" Michael told him. "Mhm..." Luke nodded, as he looked at his phone. "Your getting too big for those ugly boots!" Michael told him.

Luke sighed, as he rolled his eyes.

Michael looked at Ashton, pissed off. "Shh.." Ashton mouthed to him. The door opened and Calum walked in. He yawned, before popping some gum into his mouth.
"Whats happened here?" Calum asked a little cautious. "Nothing why?" Ashton looked at him. Calum looked at the all before he nodded.

"Hm..." He shrugged, before sitting down.

Michael turned as he sighed, shaking his head a little.