Chapter 22 - Concealing the truth.

The next day.

Tori stood in her kitchen with Spencer. Spencer stood eating an apple, as Tori had some cereal. Talking briefly about the previous night with the guys, and mostly Tori nodding along and trying to ignore most things.

"It went quite well I think. Those guys are so sweet..." Spencer smiled as she looked at Tori, across her counter. "Mmhm, yes" Tori nodded, before stuffing another spoonful of food into her mouth. "Michael isn't that bad, just a shame he did what he did" Spencer sighed, before crunching down on the apple. "Hmm" Tori nodded, as she chewed away. "What was up with Luke though, he seemed sort of pissed off at the end of the night" Spencer asked, a little confused. "He wasn't always like that....right?" She asked.

"MmMmm" Tori shook her head, as she swallowed her cereal. "Hm, maybe it was Hanna telling him more about his ' love life ' than what he knows." Spencer giggled, a little making Tori smile.

"What about me?" Hanna appeared in the kitchen with wet hair, and a change of comfy clothes. "That you kept bringing up their girlfriends, or gossip things" Spencer looked at Hanna as she told her. "I was just asking" Hanna told them innocently. "You don't start blabbing to someone about partners, it could be a sensitive subject" Spencer informed her. "Like Tori?" Hanna turned to Tori, and she looked at her friends with hamster cheeks full of cereal and milk.

"Hm?" She asked, with her mouth closed. "You missy, you have to stop lying to us and tell us what happens" Hanna told her off. Tori swallowed the food, but some got caught in her throat at Hanna's words. Coughing slightly, she tried to get her breath back. "What do you mean?" Tori asked, between coughs. "Here..." Spencer slid over a mug of tea. "With bumping into your ex, and everything and then not telling us. Him coming here, and you not telling us till a week later" Hanna told her wide eyed.

"Yeah, okay" Tori sighed before sipping tea. "Anything else we should know?" Hanna asked, as Tori shook her head wide eyed with tea in her mouth. "Leave her a long Hanna, its her business anyway" Spencer warned her. "Just so she doesn't make any silly decisions" Hanna spoke, making Tori turn to her frowning slightly, looking a little insulted. "She wont! She's a big girl" Spencer backed Tori up.

"Mmm! Besides, thought you were supposed to be nice last night?" Tori asked Hanna. "I was..." She smiled a little. "Yeah, around 30% of the time" Tori shook her head. "Whatever I done, I was sticking up for myself....snide comments from Michael" Hanna sighed. "So...your backing yourself up, by asking about their personal love lives?" Spencer then asked. "Love lives...okay, I really doubt they have love lives" Hanna told them.

"How'd you mean?" Spencer asked. "Well, they got really shady when I asked them. Come on, their a band. They travel all over, and party in free time. Their bound to have multiply one night stands." Hanna scoffed. "So...the girlfriends, aren't...girlfriends?" Spencer asked a little confused. "Probably one night stands" Hanna shrugged, before she went over to Tori's coffee machine and poured herself some. "Scandalous..." Spencer laughed a little, as Tori stood with a straight face.

"Put it this way..." Hanna turned, pouring some milk into her mug. "They travel around the world...meet all these girls, and go out partying, and drinking...they are boys and young at the same time. Do you really think, they pass on sex? Or even don't have sex from months on end?" Hanna smirked, as she looked at the girls before taking some coffee. "To be honest, I don't want to know any details about anything..." Spencer made a face before chewing another part of her apple off.

Tori picked up her tea, taking some as she thought for a moment. "I get it, they are nice guys. Its rare to find them these days...but boys are boys" Hanna nodded. Tori looked over at her, then back at Spencer. "Now...my question is out of all of them, who do you think gets it most?" Hanna then joked, as she leaned on the counter. "Okay, ew" Spencer sighed, as she looked away from Hanna. "Come on...who would you do?" Hanna asked. "Or do you think they all have their personal...groupies?" Hanna sniggered.

"Hanna shut up!" Spencer laughed a little. "We all know who Tori would pick..." Hanna smirked, as she took more coffee from her mug. "I think...Ashton grew up nice" Spencer blurted out. "Ooh you dirty girl!" Hanna laughed, throwing a dish cloth at Spencer. "No, but in a good way!" Spencer laughed, taking the cloth from her shoulder. "Nahh, I'd say Cal..." Hanna smiled, as she thought. "Okay, cool down missy" Spencer giggled.

"How about it Tor...would you go for Clifford?" Hanna joked. "Don't Hanna, sensitive topic!" Spencer warned her, putting her mug to her mouth and sipping some coffee. "I'm just asking..." Hanna shrugged as she took some coffee too. "I kissed Michael." Tori burst out, then took a breath suddenly feeling better.

Hanna looked at her, and chocked a little. Coughing, she put her mug down on the counter as she coughed and rubbed her chest. "What?!" Spencer asked, shocked. "What the....fuck, Tori?" Hanna asked, still coughing. Tori, now suddenly regretting it a little. "When, was this?" Hanna got her breath back. "Last week?" She asked sarcastically. "No, it was last night." Tori sighed, as she stared at her mug. "When?...how?" Hanna asked. "Last night, when we got back to Calum's." Tori told him nodding.

"Okay wait. Was it a peck...a kiss like come here kiss, or a full on make out session?" Spencer asked. "More like...oh shit what am I doing, but it feels right kiss" Tori admitted to them. "Oh my gosh, no way" Hanna sighed, as she stared at Tori. "Okay, I didn't kiss him. He kissed me first. He told me, he missed me and...yadda, yadda" Tori nodded before picking up her mug. "He's lying the prick!" Hanna snapped. "Jeez, Hanna calm down!" Spencer told her.

"He's manipulating you Tori. Don't! Your too good to fall back to him" Hanna whined a little. "I'm not falling...back to him" Tori told her wide eyed, and a little annoyed. "I'm confused more...its just, ever since the incident, I went back to Chicago...and it felt like I was living in a black and white picture" Tori sighed. "I met Ryan, and it kinda went back to colour but not entirely...and it went back to black and white a few months ago when I realized I didn't like him in that way...." Tori shook her head.

"What happened when...Michael kissed you?" Spencer asked. "Spencer?!" Hanna hissed. Holding her hand up towards Hanna, Spencer ignored her as she stared at Tori. "What happened when you saw him again?" She asked Tori. "I'm beginning to see colour again..." Tori admitted, sort of feeling guilty. "And I don't know why!" She told the girls. "He broke my heart! I trusted him, and he fucked another girl in another bed...and I don't hate him!" Tori laughed a little. "I mean...who the fuck thinks that?" Tori asked.

"It makes you stupid" Hanna sighed, folding her arms. "Hanna, back off" Spencer warned her. "What?" She shrugged. "Tori sweetie...it makes you human. You really liked him...loved him even, and he still likes you. You can tell" Spencer admitted to her nodding. "Oh my gosh, Spencer!" Hanna groaned. "Shut up! I'm talking. I'm being serious, the way he kept looking at her last night! Come on, he still likes her and he kissed her because he desperately wanted too!" Spencer told Hanna.

"Love?! Then why did he sleep with another girl?!" Hanna scoffed. "He was wasted, he didn't know" Spencer sighed, and Tori nodded. "Okay. Okay, that;s cool then. Right, when is the wedding?" Hanna sarcastically asked. "Hanna stop, I'm not going to get back together with him. Its not that simple" Tori told her. "Then what? Secret smooching behind the bleachers?" Hanna asked, rolling her eyes.

"I think Tori needs to figure this out for herself, and as her friends...we should be there with her. Every step!" Spencer told Hanna wide eyed. Hanna sighed, and unfolded her arms as she looked at Tori. "What you going to do then?" She asked. Tori looked at the girls, before biting her lip. "I just need to talk to him" Tori nodded. "Talk...talk? Whats that going to do?" Hanna asked. "...Not about the past. About last night" Tori told her.

"So...shall we leave? To let room for him?" Hanna asked. "No. Don't be stupid, and if your cheeky to me or ask anymore sarcastic questions...I'll personally slap you Han" Tori told her frustrated. "Thats you told" Spencer nodded. "Look, I'm sorry okay but I just think this is absurd" Hanna told them. "Leave Tori to sort out her life right now. All we do, is support her own decisions" Spencer told Hanna. Standing, Hanna sighed as she nodded. "Okay...okay fine. You do what you want to do...need to do" Hanna smiled at Tori.

"Thank you." Tori smiled at Hanna. "Seriously, to you both." Tori spread out her stands across the counter and took their hands. "Do you...want us to wait here for you?" Spencer asked, and Tori smiled and nodded. "I'm going to get ready" She told them, as she stood up. Walking past Hanna, she smiled at Tori before turning to Spencer as Tori left the room. "I have a bad feeling" Hanna admitted to Spencer quietly.

"Dont. I think the right thing will happen" Spencer smiled at Hanna, making Hanna nod a little.