Chapter 68 - It must be fate.

7 months later.

San Francisco.

"I need my head to stop aching!" Hanna groaned.

"You need to sleep, and have coffee. Also you need to stop drinking the night before meetings!" Spencer laughed. "They put too much vodka and tequila in fish bowls." Hanna sighed. "No, you had one too many bowls!" Spencer smiled as she sat down.

"Is Tori getting coffee? Pain killers...?" Hanna asked.

Spencer dialed Tori's number.

' Hello! I am in Starbucks, does Hanna want coffee? ' Tori answered.

'  I think she needs a new brain right now...is herbal tea okay? ' Spencer nodded.

' Hm, she needs caffeine ' Tori smiled, as she stared up at the menu.

' I'll just pour her black coffee. ' Spencer told her.

' Do you want anything?  '

' No, it's fine. Just get back here soon! We need lunch, or a day out! ' Spencer laughed.

' Okay, see you in a bit! '

Tori hung up, and sighed as she scanned the menu again.

"Hello, what can I get you?" A man asked her. "Hi there, could I have a tall vanilla latte please?" Tori asked. "Sure, name?" He asked, taking a cup. "Tori. With an I" She smiled, making him chuckle. "You got it" He nodded, writing on the cup before passing it on.

Tori stood aside, as she scrolled down her phone for a couple of minutes. Looking in emails, opening some. Swiping some windows away on her phone to free up more space.

"Vanilla latte for Tori!" A woman called. "Me!" Tori smiled, as she took it from her. "Have a nice one" The woman nodded, before Tori did the same and turned. Walking a few steps, she stopped and stared at someone in front of her.

Looking away from the small fridges, green eyes met hers.

"Michael." Tori smiled. "Hi, Tori." He smiled at her.

He had a black zipper hoodie on, with black jeans and boots. His hair was now black, and cut short into the back of his head. Shorter at the front.

Tori didnt look much different. She kept her hair cuts up to date, and curled it. Her hair was her usual black, with loose curls and she had a snapback on backwards.

"Your looking good" Michael smiled at her. "Could say the same to you...even with shorter hair" She smirked. "Hmm..yeah." Michael nodded. "What are you doing here?" She asked him. "Oh, I'm just getting a coffee with my girlfriend." He told her, pointing to the door. Tori's smile faded.

"Oh right." She nodded. "Well, thats nice...." She cleared her throat. "I'll uh, let you and her....drink..." She told him, as Michael began to chuckle. "Tori." He stopped her. "I'm kidding. I dont have one" He laughed. Tori smirked, as she shook her head.

"Your an ass y'know that?" She told him. "You love me, really" He chuckled. "Coffee?" He then asked. "Sure...I'll grab a booth." She nodded, as she walked over to an empty booth. Sitting down, she sighed and fixed her hair.

After a few minutes, Michael sat down opposite and a scent of his cologne made its way up her nostrils. She smiled at him, as he turned to her sighing putting his cup down. "What?" He asked. "Nothing..." She shook her head, before she clasped her hands. "So...how you been?" She asked him. "Still touring?" She asked.

"No. Not right now, we're on a break. Luke and Cal are in LA...Ash is back home, and I came here" He nodded. "Why?" Tori asked. "I dont know...something made me want to come here" He nodded, with a smile before sipping some coffee. "Hm..." Tori nodded.

"How about you? How is the writing?" He asked. "Its good. I'm on a small break right now with the girls." Tori told him. "The girls are here?" He asked. "Yep. Hungover, in my apartment" She smiled. "You have an apartment here?" He asked grinning. "I do now...yes. I travel back and forth here. One in New York too" She nodded.

"Thats awesome! Your writing is really good" He told her. Tori stopped sipping on her coffee, as she looked at him. "You've read it?" She asked. "Oh yeah...I have. My favorite? On the road with your ex" He winked, with a cheeky smile. "You've read that?" She asked, and he nodded. "Yeah, I kinda got a tad emotional when you said you still do love the nameless person" Michael told her.

"Well that nameless person knows I love them" She nodded, narrowing her eyes. "I'm proud of you" Michael then told her. "Me too, for you." Tori smiled.

They sat in silence for a moment, looking at each other.

"So do you have a...Ryan 2.0?" Michael asked as Tori scoffed. "No! I dont" She nodded. "Good." Michael smiled. "....I know you want to catch up. I can see it in your eyes" Tori smiled. "Then you know what I'm really thinking" Michael told her. "Mike..." Tori laughed a little.

"What? .... come on. You and I both know what you said before you left. You said, if we meet again it's the worlds way of telling us something...that should be obvious to us now" Michael smirked. "Not even half an hour talking and already your planning our future" Tori giggled.

"Is that bad?" Michael asked her. "....No." Tori shook her head. "You doing anything?" She asked him. "Nope. Nothing" He smiled. "We can have a catch up at my place...come on" Tori stood up and took her coffee. "Depends what you mean by catch up." Michael chuckled as he stood up.

Tori smiled at him.

Looking down, as he put his hand out.

"We're both thinking the same, beautiful" Michael told her, with a sweet smile.

"Am I not your dirty little secret anymore?" Tori giggled. "You never were" He told her. Tori laughed, as she nodded. "I missed you" She told him. "I've missed you more" He told her, as he put his arm around her neck and they hugged.

They looked at each other. "You damn sweet, beautiful thing" Michael chuckled, as he stared at her. "Stop buttering me up" She smiled, as she took his hand. They headed out the coffee shop, and into Tori's car. "Do you have your car?" She asked him. "No, I got dropped off by one of the dudes...I'll call em" He nodded, as they put their seat belts on.

Tori started up her car. "Hey" Michael took her hand and she turned. He took her face, and kissed her. Tori smiled as she kissed him back. "I love you" He whispered to her. "I love you." She nodded. "Do you think this time is our time?" Michael looked at her. "Of course. I'm not giving you up again" Tori giggled, and earned a grin from Michael before they sat back laughing before she drove off.

Well. I think the ending wasnt as good....but I did enjoy writing it. I'll always love these characters. Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed and stay tuned for another fanfic on its way. :) Much love ~ Chez. x