It's Not Lydia

My phone started blaring out and I groaned. I glanced over to my alarm clock to see it was 4am. Why does everyone insist on waking me up in the early hours of the morning. I carefully sat up, making sure I didn't wake Stiles up and answered my phone.

"Hello." The tiredness in my voice made me yawn. "Aubrey, get down to the train station." Before I could protest, he hung up. I sighed and fell back into the bed. I carefully unwrapped Stiles' arm from my waist and stood up. I threw on a one of Stiles' sweatshirts and slipped on my converse. I unlocked my window and stepped onto the roof.

Shutting the window behind me, I looked back into the window. Stiles looked adorable when he was sleeping. I smiled to myself, knowing he was "mine". I jumped down from the roof and started running towards the station.

Once I got to the station, I saw Erica and Isaac holding Jackson. "What's going on?" I walked over to Derek. He ignored my question and looked up at Jackson. "What happened to you on the night of the full moon?"

Jackson's breathing got heavier. "What? Nothing. Nothing happened."

Jackson's heart skipped a beat. "You're lying." Derek glared at Jackson. He grabbed a black glove and put it on.

"No, wait, I can prove it. I taped myself." I chuckled under my breath. "You taped yourself?" Isaac raised his eyebrows.

Jackson glared at him. "Yes. It was the full moon. And maybe while you were curled in the corner having an existential crisis about turning into a monster, I was preparing for the so-called gift you big, bad Alpha promised me, and what did I get? Nothing. You want proof? Let me get the video."

"No.No, I have a better idea." Derek pulled out a shard of broken glass. Jackson struggled in the werewolves grips. They threw him to the floor and held him still. "What is that?"

Derek paced over to Jackson, standing right in front of him. "You know, Jackson, you've always been kind of a snake- And everyone know a snake can't be poisoned by its own venom."

Isaac held Jackson's mouth open as Derek tilted the glass shard at an angle. A drop of clear liquid, which I assumed was Kanima poison dripped into Jackson's mouth. Erica and Isaac let go of Jackson and he fell to the floor. Paralyzed.

Derek waited a few seconds before leaning down to Jackson's level. "You're still a snake, Jackson. Just not the one we're looking for." Derek walked away from Him, into the train station. Erica following him.

Isaac leaned down next to Jackson. "You're still gonna have to do one more thing for us. Well, actually, for me." He smirked at him before walking up to me. "Well, let's get to school." I nodded and followed

Issac and I walked into our first class, which he got into with Stiles, Scott, and I. I haven't spoke/seen Stiles or Scott since last night. "Do you think their going to freak." Isaac sat in front of me. He turned around and smirked. "Probably."

As if on que, Scott walked into class and his mouth dropped. He sat 2 seats behind us in the next row over. Stiles ran into class and sat down in back of Scott. "Dude, I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson, and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news." He didn't notice us yet.

"I think I already know." Scott glanced over to where Isaac and I were sitting. I turned my attention to the front board, but I could feel Stiles' eyes burning into the back of my head.

I walked out of class with Isaac. I wanted to tell Stiles and Scott what I knew but I swore to Derek. "So Derek wants this done during chemistry?" We met up with Erica in the hallway. "Yeah, and if it's Lydia, I'm gonna kill that bitch, all right?" Erica and I nodded. "We have to test her first." After agreeing on the plan, we made our separate ways to our classes.

I took my seat in the front, Scott and Stiles stared at me as I sat down. The last person to come in was Jackson. He quickly sat behind Stiles and Scott. "Hey, testicle left and right. What the hell is a kanima?" I heard Scott and Stiles turn around in their seats. So Jackson had heard us, that means he was lying. Maybe he was the kanima.

"All right, listen up." The coach grabbed my attention. A quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups, because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult- I'm not even too sure I could pass it. Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question. Who's got it, huh?" The coach pointed to a guy I didn't know the name of. "Come on, let's go buddy."

I directed my attention to the boys in the back, still facing the front of the class. "Paralyzed from the neck down. Do you have any idea what that feels like?"

"I'm familiar with the sensation." I heard Jackson groan at Stiles. "Wait-why would Derek test you? Why would he think it's you?" "How should I know? Why don't you ask your sister, I mean she was there this morning." He whispered the last part, thinking I couldn't hear it.

"Wait, do they think it's Lydia?" Stiles questioned. "I don't know, all I heard was her name and something about chemistry." The coach walked down the isle. "Jackson! Do you have something you want to share with the rest of the class?"

I smirked as Jackson stuttered. "Um- just an undying admiration for my coach."

"That's really kind of you. Now shut up! Shut it! Anybody else?" He walked away from the boys back to the front of the classroom. "How do we know it's not her?" I heard Stiles heart skip a beat.

"Because I looked into the eyes of that thing, okay? And what I saw was pure evil. And when I look into Lydia's eyes, I only see 50% evil. All right, maybe 60. You know, but no more than 40 on a good day."

I rolled my eyes. "Stiles, that's not a very good argument." No shit Scott. "I'm aware of that, but I swear it's not her. It can't be. Lydia's fine." Don't be so sure Stiles. Lydia was currently in the front of the board. She started writing backwards. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Lydia." The coach tried to get her attention.

It seemed like she was in a trans. Tears were running down her face. "Lydia!" Lydia stopped writing and turned around. "Okay then, anybody else want to try answering? This time in English?" The class laughed. All except Stiles, Scott, and I.

"What is that, Greek?" I heard Stiles' fingers typing on his phone. "No, actually, I think it is English."

It was now time for chemistry. Time to find out if Lydia was actually the kanima or not. After today's event in coach's class, I had a good feeling it was her. I walked into class with Isaac and Erica. Scott and Stiles were in the front, while we were in the back.

There was a seat next to Lydia, but Stiles and Scott bolted towards it. I rolled my eyes and sat down in between Isaac and Erica. Allison gave Scott a weird glance while Erica smirked at her.

"Einstein once said, "Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity; And i'm not sure about the universe." I myself have encountered infinite stupidity." He patted Stiles on the back. I had to suppress a laugh trying to escape.

"So to combat the plague of ignorance in my class, you're going to combine efforts through a round of group experiments. Let's see if two heads are indeed better than one. Or in Mr.Stilinski's case, less than one. Erica, you take the first station. You'll start with-" Every boy raised his hand. Erica smiled amusingly and looked around.

"I didn't ask for volunteers. Put your hormonal little hands down. Start with Mr. McCall. All right, next two."

I glanced over at Isaac as we started the experiment. "She did something weird in class today, wrote in backwards English." I dropped a chemical into the beaker. "Do you think it's her." I shrugged my shoulders. "At this point, it could be anybody."

"Switch." I walked over to the front and sat next to Stiles. He didn't seem to notice me yet. "Alright start." He looked over and was taken aback when he saw me.

"What are you guys planning?" He mixed together the chemicals. "I wish I could tell you Stiles, but I know you'd tell Scott." He looked me straight in the eye. "Just know we are trying to prevent anyone else from getting killed."

"How are you going to test her?" I was about to answer but Harris rung the bell. "Switch." I quickly sat next to Lydia before Stiles could. "If you're trying to test my patience, Mr. Stilinski, I guarantee it'll be a failing grade."

Stiles sighed and sat next to Scott. As I was mixing the chemicals, I pulled out the test tube from my pocket. Lydia was too distracted into her mirror to notice. I dropped a small drop of kanima venom into the mixture. As I put the mixture into the beaker, it formed a small crystal.

Harris rang the bell. "Time. If you've catalyzed the reaction correctly, you should now be looking at a crystal. Now for the part of that last experiment I'm sure you'll enjoy- You can eat it."

I picked up the crystal with the tongs and held it out to Lydia. She smiled and took it. The poison was visible on the crystal but she didn't seem to notice. She brought it closer to her mouth. Just as she was about to bite it, Scott yelled. "Lydia!"

The whole class turned to face Scott. "What?" Scott looked around the classroom before sitting back in his seat. "Nothing."

Lydia turned back around and bit into the crystal. Nothing happened meaning what we all were waiting for. The kanima was Lydia Martin.

"Stay here, Scott should show up, I have to do something." I nodded as Boyd walked off the lacrosse field. Just as anticipated, Scott was walking onto the field. "Aubrey, I want to talk to Derek." I smirked at him. "Talk to me."

He glared at me. "Aubrey, i'm not joking. I don't want to fight you." I shook my head. "You wouldn't fight me Scott. I'm your sister."

Scott tiled his head. "True. Really true. But wanna know what I think? You're the enemy right now." I raised my eyebrows at him. I was about to say something but Derek cut me off.

"She failed the test." Derek stood by my side. "Yeah, which doesn't prove anything. Lydia's different."

Derek shook his head. "I know, at night she turns into a homicidal walking snake." Scott glared at Derek. "I'm not going to let you kill her."

Derek smirked and glanced at us. "Who said I was gonna do it."

Scott tried to run but Boyd pushed him onto the ground. "I don't know why you think you have to protect everyone now Scott, but even so. Lydia has killed people and she's gonna do it again, and next time, it's gonna be one of us."

Scott coughed and put a hand on his chest. "What if you're wrong?" "She was bitten by an Alpha, it's her." Derek countered.

"You saw that thing up close. You know it's not like us." Scott sat up onto his elbows.

"But it is! We're all shapeshifters. You don't know what you're dealing with. It happens rarely and happens for a reason." Derek stared Scott down.

"What reason?" Scott questioned.

"Sometimes the shape you take reflects the person you are. Even Stiles calls her cold-blooded." Derek held out a hand to Scott and helped him up.

"Well, what if she's immune? What if she's got something inside of her that makes her immune to the bite, which is why she didn't get paralyzed?"

"No one's immune! I've never seen it or heard of it. It's n- It's never happened."

"What about Jackson?" Derek didn't answer.

"That's why you tested him, isn't it? Because you gave him what he wanted, didn't you."

"Scott-" Scott didn't let him talk. "Peter said the bite either kills you or turns you. You were probably hoping her would die, but nothing happened, right? And you have no idea why because it worked on my sister, do you?" Derek sighed. "No."

"Well, I have a theory. Lydia's immune, and somehow she passed it on to Jackson. You know i'm right." Derek shook his head. "No!"

"You cannot do this!" Scott yelled. "Look, I can't let her live!" Derek glared at Scott. "You should have known that!" Scott took off running before we could stop him. "They are going to try and hid her you know." Derek nodded. "Find out where."

I walked into the school, trying to find Lydia. "I don't understand why we can't study in the library." I quickly hid behind the corner. I saw Stiles dragging Lydia through the hallway. Jackson and Allison tagging along. "We're going to meet Scott." She sighed and they walked out the school. I quickly took out my phone and rang Derek.

"Go to my house."

We were outside of my house. Erica, Isaac, Boyd, Derek, and I. Allison, Jackson, Lydia, and Stiles were inside.

"Let's go." I guided Isaac to the back of the house. I took my key out and quietly unlocked the door. "You're fighting them, I'm just going to find Lydia okay?" He rolled his eyes at me and nodded. I saw Stiles and Allison peering out the door. "Okay, uh, just shoot one of the other three then, don't shoot Aubrey. Anyone but her." I felt so bad. My heart hurt but we were only protecting them.

"You mean two." Stiles was taken aback. "No, I mean three. Where the hell are Isaac and Aubrey?"

Issac walked in front of me and threw Allison and Stiles to the floor. "Go find her." I nodded and walked upstairs. I could hear the glass breaking from below. I heard a door open, I peered around the corner to see Lydia about to walk downstairs until Allison came up.

"Get back, Someone's trying to break in, okay. Go Lydia, go!" Lydia ran into my room, I heard the lock click. I growled and walked into Scott's room, trying to find Jackson. Jackson was on the floor, breathing heavily. "Jackson?"

He looked up at me with silted eyes. I gasped and tried to run but I felt a claw go across my neck. "Crap." I held the back of my neck as the Kanima aka Jackson ran downstairs. "Stiles, it's here!" I heard Allison yell from downstairs.

Allison came running upstairs and locked the door. She gasped when she saw me. "Aubrey? why are you on their side." She backed up and held her bow pointed towards the door. "Because I thought it was Lydia. But it's not." She gave me a confused look. "What do you mean-" She was cut off my Erica entering the room. "Hmm-this might make me sound like kind of a bitch, but i've always wondered what it feels like to steal someone's boyfriend. I bet it's a sick rush of power." I heard Allison's heartbeat rising.

"I bet it's a pretty sick rush of power. I think I might try it with Scott. You know what- I don't think its gonna be that hard, because why would he be waiting around to steal 10 minutes with you, when he can have me anytime he wants." Allison shot an arrow at Erica but she swiftly caught it.

She turned to face Allison. "You didn't really think that would work, did you?" Allison smirked at Erica. "Actually I did." Erica looked at her hand to see Kanima venom was laced on the arrow. Erica glanced at Allison before falling to the ground. Allison knelt beside Erica, moving her hair. "I thought you were a psychic, bitch!" Allison bent down and grabbed my arm, helping me up.

"You're not mad at me." She helped me down the stairs. "I know you wouldn't have killed her and you were trying to help. I'm a little disappointed but not enough to leave you with that bitch." I smiled ans she set me down on the couch. Isaac was groaning on the floor under a now present Scott. "Erica's upstairs, Kanima venom." Scott nods and goes upstairs.

Stiles comes over to me and sits down. "Are you okay?" I shook my head. "I should be asking you that." He looked away. "Thank you for protecting me. For telling Allison not to shoot me." I trailed off. I saw Stiles grab my hand, the feeling slightly coming back. "I wouldn't let anyone hurt you."

Scott came down with Erica and grabbed Isaac and threw them both out the door. I slowly stood up at the venom wore off surprisingly quickly. I gripped onto Stiles' shoulder as we walked outside, facing Derek and Boyd. "I think i'm finally getting why you keep refusing me, Scott. You're not an omega, you're already an Alpha of your own pack. Heck you are even convincing one of my pack members to join you." He directed towards me. "But you know you can't beat me."

Scott glared at Derek. " I can hold you off until the cops get here." Something hissed from above us. We walked off the porch to get a better view. It was the kanima. "Its not Lydia." Everyone looked over at me. "What do you me-" The kanima took off running as Lydia came out the front door.

"Would someone please tell me what the hell is going on?" They glanced over at Lydia before turning back to me.

"It's Jackson?" Scott and I muttered at the same time.

Happy TeenWolf Tuesday! :3