Derek's Love Story

Its been 10 days since Boyd's death. It also has been 10 days since anyone has seen Derek.

After he calmed down over Boyd, he turned around, walking away and not turning back. Stiles and I had met up with Cora and Peter, seeing if they know anything. She was telling us the story about how Derek was a young werewolf, getting chased by Gerard and Chris. Apparently, Peter saved him from being captured.

"They were in the basement for two days. Just waiting, hiding. That's what we're taught to do when the hunters find us, hide and heal." Stiles leaned forward. "Okay, so is two days standard, then, or are we thinking Derek's on, like. some extended getaway?

Cora rolled her eyes. "Why do you care?" Stiles glared at her. "Why do I care? Let's see. Because over the last few weeks, my best friend and my girlfriend tried to kill themselves. Scott's boss nearly got ritually sacrificed. A girl that I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed. Boyd was killed by alphas. Do you want me to keep going? 'Cause I can, alright? For, like, an hour."

Cora glared at him. "You think Derek can do anything about that?" Stiles shrugged his shoulders. "Well, since he's the one everyone seems to be after, it's more like he should do something about it, yeah."

Cora glanced around the room. "I don't know. There's something different about him now. He wasn't like this when we knew him." She glanced towards Peter.

"What was he like?"

"A lot like Scott actually. A lot like most teenagers, unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable, really only to other teenagers." Stiles nodded. "And so what happened? What changed him?"

"Well, the same thing that changes a lot of young men." Peter glanced at me. "A girl."

Stiles sighed. "You're telling me some girl broke his little heart? That's why Derek is the way he is?" Peter shook his head. "Do you remember Derek before he was an alpha. He had blue eyes. Do you know why some wolves have blue eyes?" Stiles shook his head.

"I just always thought it was like a genetic thing." Peter rolled his eyes. "If you want to know what changed Derek, you need to know what changed the color of his eyes."

Peter came up to us, sitting in front of us. "It all started when Derek was a sophomore in highschool. He was a typical jock. Cocky, arrogant, the whole bundle. One day, he met this girl named Paige. She was an amazing cello player."

Stiles paused him. "Okay, so if Derek was a sophomore back then, how old was he? How old were you? How old are you now?" Peter lightly chuckled. "Not as young as we could have been, but not as old as you might think."

Stiles groaned. "Okay, that was frustratingly vague." He turns towards Cora. "How old are you?"

"I'm 17." Stiles nods, glancing over to Peter. "See, that's an answer. That's how we answer people." Cora smirked. "Well 17 how you'd measure in years."

Stiles glared at her. "Alright, i'm just gonna drop it. What happened to Derek and the cello girl?"

Peter chuckled. "What do you think happened? They were teenagers. One minute, it's I hate you, don't talk to me. The next its frantic groping in any dark corner they could manage to find themselves alone for five minutes. Kinda of like the two of you." My mouth fell open. "We do not-"

Peter cut me off. "Their favorite dark corner was an abandoned distillery outside of Beacon Hills." Stiles held his hands up. "Alright hold up, How do you know all this? You just said they were alone."

"Back then, I wasn't just Derek's uncle. I was his best friend, his closest confidante. That's how I know." Stiles nodded as Peter continued.

"One day they were in the distillery, talking about how much they liked each other. Derek being a young werewolf noticed something peculiar about the place. He dragged out of the distillery, but not far. Listening in, he heard werewolves. Aka the pack we have with us right now, meeting with my sister and Derek's mother, Talia. They wanted revenge for the hunters killing one of us, specifically Ennis wanted it. He drew our sign."