Scott, You Did It

"Scott, what the hell are we looking for exactly?" Stiles questioned as we walked through the woods. The next day, Scott and I told Stiles about our discovery, he instantly flipped.

After school, at around midnight, we went back to where we found "Malia."

"We're looking for something like a home. If Malia's been alive all this time then she has to live somewhere." Stiles and I nodded running off in opposite directions.

As I ran further into the woods, I couldn't help but have a strange feeling arise in my stomach. Something didn't feel right. "To your right." Void Aubrey's voice rang.

Looking towards the right, I saw a hole. A rather large one. Carefully, I walked over to it, avoiding as many leaves as possible. Inside, I spotted various things. Nothing a normal coyote would have. Taking out my phone, I dialed Stiles' number.

"Hey Aubrey, Did you find anything?" He asked as I backed out of the den. "I think so."

Scott and Stiles joined me minutes later, stopping in back of me. "It's a coyote den." Scott nodded. "Werecoyote."

Stiles walked past me, entering the den. He picked up a light blue jacket. "You see this? This is Malia's. Remember, it's the same one she was wearing in the photo." Scott stared at the stuffed animal, not saying a word.

"We shouldn't be in here." He muttered, glancing around. "What do you mean?"

"She's not going to come back now. We just invaded her home. Our scent's going to be everywhere." I nodded. "Scott's right." I said, standing up. "We should go."

"Wait. If she's not going to come back here, where's she going to go?" Scott shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know."

Stiles nodded. "Can one of you track her now?" Smelling the air, I caught a faint scent of coyote, too faint to track. "You think you got her scent?"

I shook my head. "It's too vague to follow." He nodded, turning to Scott. "What about you." Scott shook his head. "Maybe. But i'm better at this when i'm a full wolf. And I'm worried that if I do it, I won't be able to turn back."

Stiles sighed. "The door's still open." Scott sadly nodded. "If we can't get to Derek, we're gonna have to find someone else to help. This is basically a crime scene, right? I think it might be a little out of my boss's league." Stiles looked up at us. "And more in my dad's." Stiles grabbed his phone, walking out of the den.

I turned towards Scott. "Do you really think its her?" I asked. Scott sighed. "I don't know, but her eyes glowed. It has to be." I nodded. "I hope you're right."

Stiles' dad arrived a couple minutes later, taking everything out of the den. "You're sure it was her?" He asked Scott and I. We turned towards eachother before nodding. "I looked her right in the eyes. And they glowed just like ours." He nodded. I don't think he was convinced.

"It makes sense Dad." Stiles pleaded. "But it wasn't a girl. It was a four-legged coyote, right?" We nodded as Sheriff sighed. "Well, okay. But yeah, see, that's the point that we don't exactly have figured out yet."

"Okay, but if it was a full moon and she did change while her mom was driving, then anything could've happened." Stiles nodded. "Horrible things could've happened. Ripping, shredding, tearing things."

"Which is probably what caused the accident." We nodded as Stiles' dad looked as us like we were crazy. "Think about it Dad, alright. They're driving, Malia starts to change, she goes out of control, the mom crashes and everybody dies."

"Except for Malia."

"She blames herself, alright, goes off running in the woods and eventually becomes trapped inside the body of a coyote." We nodded as Sheriff sighed. "That make sense."