I Hate Gerard

You know that moment when you're a little kid and you'd always go to bed early every Christmas Eve to get up for presents on Christmas morning? For Scott and I, it was different.

When we were younger, We'd always try and stay up late, in hope on see Santa Claus leaving presents under the tree. We never saw him though, we'd always fall asleep. But one night, when we were 9, we had managed to stay up until midnight.

We heard commotion from downstairs, us being small-minded thought it was Santa. We hid on the stairs and peered over the wall, expecting to see a big man in a red suit. Instead we saw our mom.

The next morning we never told her. We acted like we had never found out, in fear we'd get in trouble because we saw something we weren't suppose to see.

That's exactly how I felt after tonight. Like that little girl in fear. After seeing Gerard and The Kanima, I went home, not speaking a word to Scott, and our mother not talking to us. I couldn't blame her though. How many mothers can stay their children are supernatural creatures.

The next morning, it was like a house full of strangers. Our mom couldn't even look at us. Scott and I left our rooms at the same time, hearing a door slam. I sighed and went up to the bathroom door.

I knocked on the door. "Mom, we're gonna have to talk about this eventually." No answer. "Okay. We're going now. Love you." I sighed, pulling on Scott's sweatshirt.

"Is she going to hate us forever?" I questioned, getting into the car. Scott shook his head, starting up the car. "She doesn't hate us, she's just shocked." I nodded, leaning my head against the car window.

The school day dragged on, Stiles had been in a meeting with our guidance counselor the whole day. Lydia wasn't at school, neither was Jackson or Allison. Scott and I had drove home, another silent ride. I couldn't help but feel like everyone was drifting apart. All because of this stupid supernatural era.

"Scott, we have to sit down and talk with her sooner or later. Everything is breaking apart." I said, following Scott into his bathroom. He sighed, running his hands through his wet hair. "I know I know. I just don't know what to do now."

I was about to respond when I heard a quiet hissing noise. Apparently Scott had heard it too, we both bolted from the bathroom to see the kanima. Holding our mother up by the throat.

"As you can see Scott, Aubrey." Turning my head, I saw Gerard sitting in Scott's chair, smirking at us. "There's been some interesting developments lately. I think we should catch up."

Scott glared at Gerard, throwing out his claws. "Come on Scott, let's be realistic about who's got the upper hand here.

A growl erupted from my throat. "Let her go." Gerard turned to me, the smirk still plastered on his face. "Can't do that. But let her live? That's up to you."

Scott sighed and put his claws away. "What do you want?"

"I want to talk. You haven't been answering your phone."

"Let her go, and we can talk about whatever you want." Gerard got up from his chair, walking around. "I want the same thing that I have always wanted. I want Derek and his pack." He glanced over at me.

"You have them all in hiding. How am I supposed to know where they are?"

"Well maybe you don't, but a pack member does." Gerard looked intensely at me. I threw my hands up. "I left his pack when we found out Jackson was the kanima. I don't know where they are."

"I think with proper motivation, you two could draw them out. And if you hadn't noticed, I now have fairly impressive means by which I can motivate people." He directed towards the kanima.