Black Light Party

"So when did you get there?" I crossed my arms as my dad approached us. "At the same time." He furrowed his eyebrows. "At the same time as who?"

"At the same time as me." Stiles butted in, narrowing his eyes as my dad. "By coincidence." I rolled my eyes. "What do you mean coincidence?"

"That's what i'm asking you. The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?" Stiles and I glanced at each other. "Are you asking me?" Stiles shook his head. "I think he's asking me."

Lydia rolled her eyes. "I think he's asking the both of you." Dad sighed in frustration. "Okay, let me answer the questions. Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town."

Stiles and I nodded. "Sounds about right." Dad narrowed his eyes. "How did you know he's take her to a power station?"

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?" I shrugged my shoulders as my dad bent down towards me so he was eye level. "That sounds like a very good excuse Aubrey, now what's the real reason you're here."

I laughed. "An excuse. Like how your an excuse of a father."My dad glanced down at his feet as I smirked. "You may think it's a story, but we're telling the truth." He shook his head, turning to Scott and Kira.

"What were the two of you doing?" They glanced at each other. "Eating Pizza." "Eating Sushi." They said simultaneously.

"Eating sushi." "Eating pizza." They sighed. "Eating sushi and pizza." My dad turned towards the sheriff. "You believe this?"

Sheriff crossed his arms. "To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak. But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl over there is very lucky for it." Kira glanced down at her feet.

"Kira, is that how you remember it?" We all turned to face her as she stared at my dad. She nodded. "Yes, Could I get my phone back now?"

My dad shook his head, placing her phone in a plastic bag. "Sorry, but no Kira. A deputy is going to take you home. But we'll need you to fill out some paperwork first." Kira nodded as the rest of us turned to walk away. Dad grabbed my arm, spinning me around.

"Aubrey, I don't know why you guys are lying. Or why Stilinski is content to listen to this crap. But try and remember something. If half this story about Barrow is true, then not only did someone help set him loose, but he was a pawn in their little game. A mass murderer is bad enough. A mass murderer being controlled by someone? Far worse."

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "Yeah, I get it." He nodded. "Alright, go home. It's a school night."

I crossed my arms, walking out the door. "Like you care." I mumbled as I left the station.

As I got home, I went straight to my room. My eyes felt like they were going to explode. All of the events of tonight made me feel exhausted. I quickly changed my clothes, climbing into bed. Once my head hit the pillow, I felt my mind drift off to sleep.

"Aubrey. Wake up." Void Aubrey's voice rang throughout my head. I opened my eyes, not knowing where I was. Standing up, I glanced around the new area. It was dark and gloomy, reminded me of a prison. Walls surrounded the area. "Where are we?" I asked her, uneasy about the location.

"A special place, you'll know more about it soon." She smirked, walking around, running her hand on a jeep that was parked to the side. "I have to warn you Aubrey."