She's the Darach?

"Allison?" I questioned standing up. "What is it."

"It's Lydia, I think she found another body." I grabbed Stiles' arm, pulling him out the door. "Okay, where."

"The school."

We arrived at the school minutes later, Scott pulling up besides up. We got out of the jeep, looking around. "Where is she?"

"Over here." Glancing over, I saw Allison with Lydia who was looking around the area. "Lydia?"

Lydia took a deep breathe. "It's the same thing. Same thing as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different, and ended up here. And you told me to call you if there's a dead body." Stiles' eyes widened. "You found a dead body?"

Lydia shook her head. "Not yet." Stiles furrowed his eyebrows, running a hand through his hair. "Not yet? What do you mean not yet? Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body."

Lydia rapidly shook her head. "Oh no, i'm not doing that again. You find the dead body from now on." Stiles sighed. "How are we supposed to find the dead body? You're always the one finding the dead body."

"Guys, I found the dead body." Our heads cocked towards Scott. On top of the school sign was a body, a dead body.

The next day at school was tough. Especially for Stiles. After we found the body, we called the sheriff. Apparently Stiles knew the woman who died. Now he was basically following his dad around the school. "Stiles he's gonna see you." Stiles shook his head, not removing his stare.

The sheriff turned, glaring at Stiles. "Come on." He pulled my arm, using his other hand to cover his head. "Hey! Hey hey hey." He grabbed Stiles' shoulder. "Back it up." Stiles and I turned around, facing the sheriff.
"I know what you're thinking. I know you've got all these ideas about patterns and people dying in threes."

Stiles cut him off. "Dad, murdered, okay? Sacrificed, actually." The sheriff sighed. "I've got half the state, including the FBI, coming in on this. They're not getting away with killing one of our own."

"Dad, they killed Tara. You know how many times she helped me with my math homework when I had to wait at the station for you?" The Sheriff sighed. "Just get to class okay." We nodded before turning and walking in the opposite direction.

"Idioms." Mrs.Blake wrote as she spoke. "Analogies, metaphors, and similes, all tools the writer uses to tell their story." She walked over to Lydia. "Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents." Glancing over, I saw her drawing, a tree.

"You and every guys i've ever dated." Mrs.Blake chuckled. "Well, that was an idiom, by the way. Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture. They're phrases that only make senses if you know key words. Saying 'jump the gun' is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race, or a phrase like 'seeing the whole board.'"

"Like chess." Mrs.Blake turns to Stiles, nodding. "That's right Stiles, Do you play?" Stiles shook his head, scratching the back of his neck. "Uh no, my father does."

Mrs.Blake walked back to the front. "Now, when does an idiom become a cliche?"

"I think I can get to Ethan." Scott turned towards us. "I'm pretty sure I can make him talk." I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you want to talk to him for?"

"The druids are emissaries right?" I nodded. "So what if the Darach was an emissary to the alphas?"

I rolled my eyes. "Scott, a couple things. One, the Darach tried to kill all of us, including Ethan at the motel. Two, I can't believe that we've gotten to the point where a sentence like 'what if the Darach was an emissary to the alphas', Actually makes sense to me. And lastly, we're gonna have a huge problem getting to Ethan."

"What's that?"

I glanced at the board before turning back to Scott. "Going through Aiden, the one we got suspended from school."

Stiles nodded. "Ever since he's been back at school, they're always together. How are we gonna separate them again?" Scott and I glanced over Stiles' shoulder. He turned around to see our solution. Lydia. She looked up, pursing her lips. "What now."

We filled Lydia in our discussion, who didn't seem too happy for her role. She sighed, walking towards Aiden and Ethan. She whispered something in his ear as she dragged him away, leaving Ethan alone. As we approached Ethan, he glanced up at us before turning the other direction. Scott ran up to him. "Wait, we just want to talk."

"Why are you even talking to me? I helped kill your friend. How do you know i'm not gonna kill another one?" He glanced towards Stiles. I narrowed my eyes, stepping in front of Stiles. "Are you really looking at him? You better not be threatening him? You know what ima do. I'm gonna break off an extra large branch of Mountain ash, wrap it in wolfsbane, roll it in mistletoe, and shove it up your freaking-"

Scott cut me off. "Aubrey, chill we get it." He turned back towards Ethan. "We're talking to you because I know that you didn't want to kill Boyd. And I think that if something like that happened now, you wouldn't do it again." Ethan shook his head. "You don't know what we owe them, especially Deucalion. We weren't like Kali and Ennis when we met him. We weren't alphas."

Scott crossed his arms. "What were you?"

"Omegas. In actual wolf packs, omegas are the scapegoat, the last to eat, the one who has to take the abuse from the rest of the pack."

I crossed my arms, smirking. "So you and your brother were like the bitches of the pack?" Ethan narrowed his eyes. "Something like that."

"What happened?" Stiles leaned back against the wall. "They were killers. I mean, people talk about us as monsters. Well, they were the ones who gave us the reputation. And our alpha was the worst of them."

Stiles shook his head. "Why didn't you guys just fight back? Form voltron wolf, you know? Kick everyone's asses?" Ethan shook his head. "We couldn't we didn't know how to control it back then."

"Deucalion taught you." Ethan nodded. "And then, we fought. We took down the whole pack, one-by-one. And by the time we got to our alpha, he was begging for his life. And we tore him apart, literally."

"But what about your emissary? They're all dead? Kali and Ennis' too?" I crossed my arms as Ethan nodded. "All of them except for Deucalion's."

"You mean Morrell." Ethan nodded before gripping onto his chest. "Ah." He winched. "What's wrong? Are you hurt." He shook his head. "Not me, My brother."

We ran to where Lydia was with Aiden to see him and Cora fighting. "Aiden stop!" Lydia yelled, but Aiden ignored her. "You can't do this!" Ethan held his chest as Aiden groaned standing above Cora, getting ready to finish her. "She came at me!"

Ethan shook his head. "It doesn't matter! Kali gave Derek until next full moon. You can't touch him or her."

Stiles knelt down over Cora. "Hey guys, I think she's pretty hurt." He pushed her shoulder. "You okay?" She nodded trying to stand up but wincing "She doesn't look okay." Cora sat up. "I'll heal."

She stood up, leaning onto the sink, cleaning off the gash on her head. She started falling back. "Uh." She instantly balanced herself. "I said i'm fine."

"Do you realize how suicidally crazy that was? What were you thinking going after them." Cora narrowed her eyes, shaking her head. "I did it for Boyd. None of you were doing anything."

Scott sighed. "We're trying."

"And you're failing. You're just a bunch of stupid teenagers running around, thinking that you can stop people from getting killed. But all you do is show up late. All you really do is find the bodies." She walked out the door.

Stiles sighed. "She's definitely a Hale. I'll make sure she gets home."

I knocked on Ms.Morrell's office, glancing back I saw Scott giving me a thumbs up. The door opened. "Sorry, but I don't remember having any more appointments.

I nodded. "You sure? 'Cause I could use a little guidance right now." She sighed, opening the door for me. "Why are you bothering with me Aubrey, when you know the clock is ticking? When you know someone else is about to be taken?"

I tuned by hearing towards her heartbeat. "By you." She glanced at me before shaking her head. "Come on Aubrey, Shouldn't you leave the interrogations to someone like Stilinski?"

I ignored her question, still listening to her heartbeat. "Are you the one killing people?"

She shook her head. "Are you listening to my heartbeat? No, i'm not the one killing people." Her heartbeat remained normal. "Truth is, I'm all that stands between Deucalion and the lives of your friends. I've been the one pulling the leash taut when they're salivating for a bite."

I crossed my arms. "What do you mean?" She sighs. "He wants a true Alpha in his pack. He thinks its your brother. And a little distraction like a few human sacrifices isn't gonna dissuade him from the prize."

I shook my head. "My brother is not an alpha." She nodded. "Flash your eyes for a second." I did as told as she smirked. "Your eyes were purple, that means your just beginning, now they're red purple. You know what that means?" I shook my head.

" Red is the color of the alpha, Scott's well on his way and since you two are so connected, its affecting you too."

"Then what is he waiting for? What does he want Scott to do?"

"He wants to make a killer out of him. That's what he does." I shook my head. "But if Scott kills someone, he can't be a true alpha can he?"

She nods. "Exactly. You want a psychologist's perspective. He's an obsessive who both desires Scott and is threatened by him, and you as well. If the obsessive can't have the object of his desire, he'll choose to destroy it instead. Scott will either willingly become part of his pack or he'll make a killer out of him, destroyer him and his potential to be a true alpha."

I shook my head. "Neither of those are ever going to happen. Scott is smarter than that. I won't let the happen either." Ms.Morrell crossed her arms. "Don't be so sure. You're playing his game, all of you. And while you're trying to figure out what to do next, he's thinking ten moves ahead, with checkmate already in sight."

I got up, walking out of the office. I glanced over at Scott who had the same expression on his face, worry. "You heard everything." He nodded. Out of nowhere I heard a scream, Lydia's scream.

We rushed to the classroom, only to be held out. "Okay, look. We're just trying to understand ok? All we know is that Mr. Westover didn't show up for class." Mrs.Blake had her arms crossed at Lydia. "And last time that happened was Mr. Harris. Anyone heard from him lately? He's gone. And he's gonna be the second murder."

Ms.Blake shook her head. "But Lydia, you wrote that number." Lydia sighed. "Okay fine, i'm psychic."

"You're psychic?" Lydia nodded. "I'm something."

My phone buzzed in my pocket as we left the room. "Hello?"

"Aubrey, I need you here now, we're telling my dad." Stiles' voice rang through, uh oh.

Stiles paced around the room as I sat on his bed. His dad standing in the corner, not amused. "Okay. okay. okay, okay."

"Stiles?" His dad groaned. "Dad, i'm sorry okay? I'm just trying to figure out how to start here."

His dad sighed. "I don't have this kind of time."

"Um, for the last year, you've all had these cases that you couldn't figure out right? I mean all the murders involving Kate Argent, and then Matt killing all the people who had drowned him, and all these murders right now. It's like you've been playing a losing game."

His dad shook his head. "Stiles, the last thing I need right now is a job performance review from my own son." Stiles nodded. "I know okay. But that's just it dad. The reason that you're losing the game is 'cause you've never been able to see the whole board. I need to show you the whole board."