The Rave

"Scott quiet!" I nudged his arm. "We don't need Jackson seeing us here." He nodded and we peered behind the pillar.

We had seen Jackson leave early from school, Scott's idea-To follow him. Right now, he was in line to get tickets to the rave.

"We have to get into that party." Scott nodded. "How much do you have on you?" I pulled my wallet out of my pocket and pulled out a $100 bill. "Do you think that would cover us?"

I shook my head. "I doubt it, from what i've heard, these things go for a lot."

"Look." Scott pointed towards Matt, who was standing in line.

"Matt, Matt." Matt turned around to face us. "How much are the tickets?"

"$75." Scott thought for a moment. "Can i borrow some money?"

"Yeah, how much?" Matt reached into his pocket to grab his wallet. "$50." Matt gave Scott a crazy look and turned around.

He sighs and we go to the back of the line. I noticed Jackson head to the front of the line. Something told me, he knew what was going on. Or he was just being his rude self.

"Let's go. Let's go." The lady selling tickets told her bodyguards. The elevator lifted them out of view, she was staring at Jackson on her way up. "We need to get to Deaton." Scott said, pulling me along.

We had called Derek on the way, he said he was going to meet us here. There was a knock on the door.

"What's he doing here?" I looked over to see Derek and Isaac walk in. "I need him." Derek said bluntly.

"I don't trust him." Isaac rolls his eyes. "Yeah, well he doesn't trust you either."

"You know what? And Derek really doesn't care. Now where's the vet? Is he gonna help us or not?" Derek said, clearly annoyed.

"That depends." Deaton's voice attracted everyone attention. "Your friend, Jackson. Are we planning to kill him or save him?"

"Kill him" "Save him." Scott and Derek said simultaneously. "Save him." Scott and I said. Scott nodded. "Save him."

Deaton gathered us around his examine table. He placed a box of different chemicals on the table. "Watch what you touch." Derek grabbed Isaac's wrist before he could mess up the chemicals.

"So, what are you? Some kind of witch?" Isaac leaned down, placing his elbows on the table. Deaton looked down at him.

"No, I'm a veterinarian." Issac mumbled an "o". "Unfortunately, I don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defense against a paralytic toxin."

"We're open to suggestions." Derek shrugged. "What about an effective offense." Isaac suggested.

Derek shook his head. "We already tried. I nearly took its head off. And Argent emptied an entire clip into it. The thing gets back up."

Deaton pursed his lips. "Has it shown any weaknesses?" I nodded. "It can't swim."

"Does that go for Jackson as well?" Scott shook his head. "No. He's the captain of the swim team."

"Essentially, you're trying to catch two people." He walked over to his desk and pulls some sort of pendent. "A puppet- and a puppeteer." He placed the pendent on the table.

"One killed the husband, but the other had to take care of the wife. Do we know why?"

"I don't think Jackson could do it." The attention turned towards Scott. "His mother died pregnant too, and she was maybe murdered. I think he couldn't let the same thing happen to someone else."