Bus Ride

"This bus smells like feet." I groaned as we hit a speed bump. The coach had decided it would be an awesome idea to go on a field trip, only thing was that a storm was ahead of us.

I had been having these pains on my side the whole ride, they would go from little to huge in a matter of seconds. I thought it was just cramps but apparently Scott went off and fought without me. Scott told me that they went to fight the alphas. He also told me Derek had died. Kinda felt like I lost a part of me in a way.

I was sitting in the middle of Scott and Stiles. Scott looked like he was going to pass out. Meanwhile, Stiles was quizzing him on the words for our English quiz when we got back.

"Yo Scott. " Stiles tapped Scott on the shoulder, receiving no response. "Scott, you still with me?"

Scott opened his eyes looking around. "Yeah, sorry. Uh, what's the word?"

"Anachronism." Scott nodded. "Um, Something that exists out of its normal time." Stiles nodded. "Nice." He looked down at the paper. "Next word, incongruous."

Scott furrowed his eyebrows. "Um, can you use it in a sentence?"

"Yes, yes I can. It's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now, on our way to some stupid cross-country meet after what just happened. Incongruous." Scott rolled his eyes.

"Out of place, ridiculous, absurd." Stiles nodded. "Perfect. Okay, next word. Um. Darach." Darach, it's a noun." Stiles glared at Stiles before turning to the window. Stiles groaned. "We have to talk about it sometime, okay? And we're gonna be stuck in this thing for, like, five hours, so why not?" Scott didn't say anything.

"Next word, Intransigent."

"Stubborn, obstinate." Scott winched as the bus hit a speed bump. "Oh, buddy, you okay? We shouldn't have come. I knew it. We shouldn't have come." He mumbled, glancing over at Scott.

"We had to. There's safety in numbers." Stiles shook his head. "Yeah, well, there's also death in numbers, okay? It's called a massacre, or bloodbath, carnage, slaughter, butchery, wow. that's alright." Scott winched again. "Scott, i'm telling the coach."

Stiles starts to stand up but Scott shook his head. "No,no,no,no, i'm alright."

"Will you at least let us see it then? I'm tired of my side hurting and not knowing why." I crossed my arms as Scott sighed. "Okay."

Scott lifted up his shift to revel a really nasty wound. It was two huge scratch marks across the left side of his ribs. Still bleeding too. "Oh, dude."

"I know it's bad, but it's because they're from an Alpha. It'll take longer to heal." Scott glanced out the window. "I can't believe he's dead. I can't believe Derek is dead."

About 20 minutes later, the bus was stuck in a traffic jam. Scott jolted up. "Scott you okay?" Scott glared to the front of the bus. "He's going to do something." I looked over to Boyd, who was staring at Ethan, glaring.

"No he's not." I said, shaking my head. Not in front of this many people." Scott nodded. "Maybe you're right.

"Two of you, back to our seats." Coach said as some kids picked on Jared. "Jared, again, car sick?" Jared nodded, looking out the window.

"Everytime, how do you even get on the bus? Look at me. No, don't look at me. Look at the horizon. Keep your eyes, keep your eyes on the horizon." He turned towards the back. "Scott, not you too." I glanced over at Scott, he had the same expression Jared did, but we knew why he was "sick".

Scott shook his head. "No, coach. I'm good." I glanced down to where his wound was, seeing that it was newly coated with blood. "Hey, Scott, you're bleeding again. And don't tell me that it's just taking longer to heal, okay? Because i'm pretty sure that still bleeding means not healing, like at all."