Grillby X Reader: Part 1

Cause damn that monster is hot!
Puns are my life. And so is Sans :3 <3

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You fell into the Underground yesterday and you just had to leave the Ruins and Toriel for this snowy wasteland. As soon as the large stone doors closed a snow storm appeared from absolute nowhere and now you've lost the path. Trees and snow are the only things you see while your lack of appropriate clothing make you feel like death is near.

"S-s-so c-cold."

Your teeth chatter together as you talk as it's the only thing keeping you awake in the cold. Your arms and legs have been feeling numb for the last ten minutes while your not able to feel your face move. A sudden pressure hits your foot and you fall face first into the snow, freezing your body even more. You turn over so that you look at the sky as darkness begins to cloud your vision. No one on the surface is going to miss you, your parents hated you and your co-workers hated how much you liked serving others. Your eyes slowly close as your mind forgets about all who had never cared, and all who won't ever care.

Warmth hits you as you slowly wake up and your first thought is that you had passed out in your restraunts kitchen, but the smell of fries and burgers persuade you that it isn't as your employers always hated 'fast foods'.

"Urgh... my head hurts."

Your voice sounds hoarse but your happy that your alive instead of rotting slowly in the middle of a snow storm. You sit up and look around, your on a small bed with a frothy milkshake on the bedside table. You quickly scuttle across the bed and slowly drink the milkshake, it's chocolate and caramel. The door opposite the bed slowly opens and in fright you jump and crawl to the back of the bed, awaiting for whatever monster to kill you as Toriel said. Crackles of flame come through the door first and are followed by an entire man made of fire itself, he's wearing a tuxedo and some glasses.

"Oh, you are awake."

His voice sounds calm with the sizzling with fire making him seem like a polite gentleman. Or gentle-fireman. Or something.

"Uh... hello."

"Don't be scared. I found you freezing to death in the snow, are you alright?"

He sits on the edge of the bed while radiating a nice heat from his flames, you smile absentmindedly and scoot a little closer to him. He chuckles at your movements and offers you a hand.

"You still cold?"

"Uh... a little."

You grab his hand and he helps you off the bed, your standing right beside him now. He puts his arm across your shoulders and warmth spreads across your entire body, much better than the freezing snow outside.

"Thank you. I'm (y/n) by the way."

"It is no problem (y/n). I'm Grillby. It's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too Grillby."

It's been a week since Grillby saved you from the snow storm and you've learnt a lot from him. Your in a town called Snowdin and the only way out of the Underground is through Waterfall, Hotlands then through the Core. You had noticed the sadness in Grillby's voice when he explained the way out but before you could say anything he had to go back to work. Right now your sitting in Grillby's home behind his bar which was funnily called 'Grillbyz', your trying to think of what to do. Sure you want to see the sky again, the suns warmth was always comforting to you, but no one up there cared about you unlike Grillby.

"Uh... (y/n)."

You turn to see the flaming man peaking in, you motion him inside and he walks up to you with a backpack in his hands.

"Here."

He passes you the backpack that you confusingly take from him, his looking at the floor while playing around with his hands. It takes you a few seconds to realise what he's doing.

"No! No Grillby! I don't want to leave the Underground!"

His flaming head shoots up and he stares between you and the backpack that you throw onto the couch.

"But (y/n)... wouldn't your family be missing you?"

"My family doesn't care about me, and neither do my co-workers. I don't have friends and I live in a shitty one room apartment. I want to stay here! Maybe... I could even get a job here too."

You could swear that Grillby's flames glow brighter as he drags you into his bar proper, there are at least ten monsters in here whose attention immediately centers onto you as Grillby stands in front of the bar.

"Attention! Now (y/n) here is my new barmaid! If anyone here tries to take her soul..."

He doesn't finish his sentence but you see a couple of the monsters eyes grow wide at the commotion that he's made. He walks back to you and sits you behind the counter.

"Welcome to Grillbyz (y/n)."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Wooo! First one done! This is part one of two by the way, I don't want these long but I feel like you actually need a good ending with Grillby. I hope that you've enjoyed reading!