Papyrus x Depressed Reader

I'm going to write a few chapters. Finally. Sadly though they won't be requested ones, I can't find the words for them and it's bugging me to no end. But I hate how ive just stopped uploading these so... here we are!

Warning: May have depressing scenes, suicidal thoughts. I do not recommend suicide as a good thing. I couldn't copy paste the other times that I wrote this. Sorry.------------------------------------

~~~~~Papyrus~~~~~

I jump awake to a sudden loud scream, I first expect it to come from Sans' room as he has nightmares some nights but instead it comes from the lounge room where (y/n) was sleeping. I quickly threw the blankets off me and walked out of my room, hearing quiet sobbing come from below the balcony. I quietly yet quickly walk down the stairs and look over at the couch, it's a little dark but I can see a hunched over body shaking wildly.

"(Y/N)..?"

They don't seem to hear me over their sobbing, it's tearing at my soul like it always does. I hate seeing her cry, her smile fade or hurt in anyway. She'd always tell me that she's fine, that she's okay but... it's clear that she is depressed. Her and Sans share a lot of things, including their love of puns, luckily (y/n) doesn't say as much as Sans does. Instead of continuing to stand at the bottom of the steps I walk over and sit behind them, slowly rubbing circles onto her back. Instead of saying that she's fine like usual she quickly spins around and clings to me, crying into my chest. I wrap my arms around her tightly as I continue rubbing circles on her back.

"I-I... j-jumped into that h-hole..."

"HUH..? WHAT DO YOU-..."

Oh... she purposefully jumped. I sigh and move my legs onto the couch, moving her so that she's laying on my with my chest as her pillow. (y/n) looks up at me and even in the dark I can see her sparkling (e/c) eyes, yet they are also accompanied by continuous tears.

"M-My parents hurt me... e-every day. They th-thought that I was a-a sorry excuse f-for a daughter... th-they treated my b-brother better... K-Kids at school b-bullied m-me, throwing s-sticks or telling m-me to dis-sappear... a-and... I f-finally snapped and climbed Mt. Ebott... h-hoping to die..!"

She talks through sobs and an onslaught of tears, all I can do is hold her close and wipe her tears away as she tells me her past. She continues crying as I rub her back, thinking of what to say once she calms down. It takes her a few minutes to calm down into sniffing and she hugs me tighter.

"I'm sorry..."

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE SORRY (Y/N). THERE IS NO REASON TO BE."

"I... I should just l-let Asgore take my soul..."

I hug her tighter and bury my head into her shoulder, i'm trying to hide tears but they're starting to fall heavily.

"D-DON'T SAY THAT! BEC-CAUSE IF HE T-TAKES YOUR SOUL THEN I-I CAN'T HANG O-OUT WITH YOU ANYMORE! YOU'D B-BE... YOU'D BE D-DEAD... AND I-I... I'D MISS Y-YOU... SO MUCH... P-PLEASE D-DON'T L-LEAVE (Y-Y/N)..."

I've always hated crying, it makes people worry about me while i'm supposed to worry about everyone else, but right now I can't help but cry into (y/n)'s shoulder as she hugs me tightly. With me hugging even tighter back.

"P-Papyrus..."

"... P-PLEASE..."

Now i'm the one who's getting comforted, her hand underneath my back rubs it slowly as she relaxes into my chest. After awhile I concentrate on her slow breathing and it eventually calms me down, (y/n)'s asleep too. Seeing her so peaceful makes me smile so instead of moving her I move down the couch a bit more and slowly fall asleep, one arm holding her tightly.

I wake to hearing a soft click, my eye sockets open to see Sans smiling wide with his phone in his hand and a large smile plastered on his face.

"oh my god, you two are so adorable paps."

"SANS... GIVE ME THE PHONE."

"shhh bro! your gonna wake your new girlfriend!"

I feel heat rise to my face and with my free arm I swipe at his hands for the phone, he dodges fairly easily. He can be not lazy when he wants to be!

"SANS!"

"i'm going to post this on the underweb. i bet alphys is going to reply first, then undyne."

"SANS!!"

He smirks and takes one step back before he starts typing on the phone. I silently growl and look at (y/n), she's still comfortably asleep and I don't have the heart to move her. 

"your like a piece of butter, because you've found you're butter half!"

"DON'T START THIS SANS..."

"she's a pizza though cause you've stolen a pizza her heart!"

"SANS STOP..."

"is her heart owl yours?"

"SANS STOP WITH THE HORRIBLE PUNS!"

My eyes widen as I hear (y/n) groan then move, I look at her to see that she's moving her head to look at me.

"...Papyrus..?"

"MORNING (Y/N)..."

It takes a few seconds for her to realise that she's literally laying on me, her cheeks glow a dark pink as her eyes widen.

"I-I'm sorry! I-I f-fell asleep..."

"IT'S FINE. I DIDN'T WANT TO MOVE YOU, YOU LOOKED COMFY."

She shyly smiles up at me, then another click.

"SANS!! STOP TAKING PICTURES!!"

"what? you gonna snap? but you guys click so well!"

(Y/n) giggles and I can't help but not yell at Sans for the pun, it made her happy and after last night i'm not going to be the one to stop her from being happy.

"so, just remember kid... you hurt my bro, i give you a bad time. got it?"

"SANS! THAT'S RUDE!"

"I won't hurt him Sans."

She looks back at me and gives me a large smile, I give her one of my own. Another click but I ignore it as I somewhat sadly watch (y/n) stand up and stretch.

"So, want me to show you how to make pancakes Pap?"

"YES PLEASE!"

I jump up and rush into the kitchen before she can, already getting a pan. I'll tell her how I feel another time, maybe when Sans isn't around. He might use his trombone or something.

...

...

  '...and I don't have the heart to move her.'

...

"OH MY GOD I THOUGHT A PUN!"

"What was it Pap!?"

"i'm so proud."