Royal Guards X Reader

You've been sitting at the front of your home for hours now. Your home in Waterfall has been boring all day with nothing to do other than go to MTT for the get together that's happening. You really just didn't want to go as there'd be too many monsters their to make you feel claustrophobic. You switch the TV off just as the sudden sound of thumping jumps you to your feet and you look towards where you had heard it.

"HELP! HELP! THERE'S BEEN A ROCK SLIDE!"

The voice sounds close enough for you to run towards but you also want to be cautious, another rock slide could happen any second.

"IS ANYONE THERE!?! HELP! HE'S TRAPPED!"

The terrified voice of the male seemed to shake as they said 'he's', it must be a close friend of theirs. You suck up all the courage that you can muster and run towards the voice, making sure that no more rocks could fall around you.

"PLEASE! HELP!"

You turn the corner and spot a black armored man digging at a pile of rocks. His helmet has fish gills sticking out the sides and looks taller then Undyne's helmet, he must be another Royal Guard. You run up to him and pull a rock off the pile before seeing why he's digging, another man dressed as a Royal Guard is trapped beneath the rocks. His helmet has rabbit ears instead of the fish fins the conscious one is wearing.

"Thank you! Help me get that big rock off of him!"

The fish gilled guard, you decide to call him Guard 2 and the one underneath the rocks Guard 1, climbs a rock to reach the rock pinning Guard 1's leg. You run to the opposite side of the rock and push it onto another, hoping that it'll get off of Guard 1. Your determination gives you enough strength to gain leverage against the rock, making it topple into the desired position.

"Help me pull him away."

You both jump off the rocks and grab hold beneath of Guard 1's shoulders, pulling him away from the rocks and more into the open. You place him down gently as Guard 2 takes a shaky breath, the experience must of shocked him.

"Hey... my house isn't too far from here. You both can rest there until your better. I even have some first aid that you two may need."

"Th-Thank you... what's your name?"

"It's (y/n). What are yours?"

He lifts his friend onto his back like the soldiers from those war movies. He begins walking towards your home and you walk beside him.

"Many people call me RG 2, as in Royal Guard 2. I like the name."

It certainly is a strange name but there are skeletons named after fonts, so why can't their be guards name after... guards?

"I guess then he's RG 1?"

"Yes. He... I couldn't live without him..."

From the tone of his voice you suspect that they may be more than just friends but you decide not to pry. The two of you walk back to your home in silence, with the sound of RG 1's breathing being the only noise. You all make it back to your home, you open the door and gesture RG 2 to place his friend down onto the mattress placed in the loungeroom.

"Place him down here, we can watch him closely when we sit down. I'll grab the first aid."

"Thank you (y/n)."

You smile as you run off into the bathroom and pull out your unused first aid kit from beneath the sink. You run back and see that the RG's seem to be having a conversation.

"-awake. I was scared that you were... were..."

"I'm fine... my leg just... hurts a little..."

Your sad to interrupt their conversation but your concience tells you that it's probably a good idea to bring RG1 the first aid. As you walk in the two guards look at you with the injured one looking a little surprised.

"RG... that's a human..."

"That human saved your life. I don't care what Undyne's orders are, we owe (y/n)."

You begin applying the medicine and bandages to the injured guard as you listen in to their conversations. They're planning on having some Nice Cream afterwards and watch the rubbish flow through Waterfall, it sounds rather romantic. By the time your finished the two guards have fallen asleep on your couch, with RG2 asleep on RG1. You grab a spare blanket and drape it over the two before sleeping in your own bed, smiling about how you just saved a life.

You wake to the sound of your front door closing, you quickly look presentable before running out to see a folded piece of paper laying on your counter. The names RG1 and RG2 are printed on the front in a somehwat fancy writing, RG1's name seems to be a little messier. You slowly open it and are greeted by a letter from the two.

"Dear (y/n),

Thank you for saving RG1 as the boulders were far too heavy for me alone to lift. If not for you i'd be mourning over him.

We had to leave as Undyne would be searching for us and we didn't want her to find your home. We owe you much more than this act but this is the most we could do for now.

Hopefully one day Undyne and you could become friends and we'd return the favour for you, but until then we will send a letter once a fortnight as we'd like to keep contact with you.

RG1 is still a little shaken but once we tell Undyne what happened she'll let us have a few days for rest, especially if I say that I had done it alone. I'll tell her that you helped once the two of you become friends.

Once again, thank you. We hope to see you again soon."

You smile and walk over to the couch and begin cleaning up the scraps from the first aid you applied last night. You wonder when you get to see the Royal Guards again, if Undyne doesn't see you first.

A week later your casually walking through Hotlands to check out this hotel that you've heard a lot about but just have never bothered to visit. Something metal grabs your shoulder tightly and a feeling of dread washes upwards. Undyne's found you and now your going to-

"Nice to see you again!"

You turn around and are greeted by the shiny armor of the two Royal Guards. You smile and embrace the two of them, it's hard as your arms aren't wide enough to wrap around them but they understand and return it.

"We were just about to head to Waterfall to get some Nice Cream. Wanna come?"

"Sure! I'd love to!"

-----------------------------------------------

Is it just me or was that ending a little shitty? It was the only thing I could think of...

Anyway I hope you enjoyed!
Bai!