Neko Sans X Reader - Part 2: Never Let Go

Please also read "Neko Sans X Reader - Part 2: Frozen Fur" for an alternate ending!
---------------------------

You decide to head for Alphys Lab to look for the skeletal cat that ran off before. She and Undyne had decided to search Snowdin as Alphys believed that it was her fault that he had threatened her the way he did, it wasn't really anyone's fault but you can tell her that after you find Sans. As you run for Hotlands you become scared of what might be happening to him as he looked rather terrified of himself after he swatted at Alphys, you wouldn't have a clue of what he might be doing. The automatic doors of the lab usher you in and your head frantically searches through the building. A patch of blue fabric is holding the door to the lower labs open, you run over towards it and notice that it's the jacket Sans wears everywhere he goes. You quickly pick it up and run into the elevator, pressing the button to go down. The whirring of the elevator makes your nerves rise, why would he come down here? Sure it's a good hiding place but so is Snowdin forest and a few caves scattered in Hotlands. The sudden jolt of the elevator makes you jump and the doors open, your hearts beating a mile a minute and you run out and look around.

"Sans!! Where are you!?"

You wait a few seconds but there's no response, if anything you had driven him further into the large maze of a lab. So instead of standing at the foot of the elevator you start searching every crevise of every room you run into. Him being rather small you know that it's going to be hard to find him as he can hide rather well and you know that cats are notorious for hiding in ridiculous spots. At one point you had put his jacket on and had discarded your own, hopefully it'll help him calm down or something when he sees you. You suddenly hear a large crash from the other side of the lab and you immediately start running towards it, it couldn't be an Amalgamite as Alphys had sent them all to their families months ago so it had to be Sans. As you turn into a hallway you spot a pink slipper at the foot of a door, you sweep it up into your hand as you enter the room. A small pool of glass and a few drops of a transparent blue liquid sits below a table, as well as the second slipper. You quickly pick it up without touching the glass or liquid and look around, your eyes land on a skeletal hand behind another table.

"Sans!"

You run over and quickly pull him towards you, his eye sockets are closed and he's not moving. He seems smaller than before somehow and his skull has a pained look on it, as if he's having some kind of nightmare. You quietly try to shake him awake but his eye sockets don't open but his hand moves, it slowly reaches up and grasps onto his jacket that your wearing and shakes wildly. You quickly bring him into your arms and run out of the room towards another that you saw earlier that had an old yet surprisingly comfy arm chair sitting inside. You sit down and bring him close to you as you resume to try and shake him awake.

"Come on Sans... wake up... please..."

You feel your eyes water up but you quickly wipe them away, thoughts of what had happened run through your head. Did he drink whatever that transparent blue liquid was? Or did he just knock it over?

"ugh..."

You look back down to see his eye sockets slowly open, you notice that the glims in his eyes are more like slits then round lights. He still looks pained but once he recognises you it seems to soften up a bit.

"(y/n)..?"

"H-Hey Sans... Y-You were worrying me f-for a while there..."

The hand that was clenching the jacket loosens and it sits on top of his chest, you feel more tears well up in your eyes and your too late to wipe them as a few land onto his skull.

"wh-why are you crying..?"

"I-I thought... th-that you wouldn't wake up..."

You unconsciously tighten your hold of him as your head lays on his shoulder, it's rather uncomfortable for you but you dont really care right now. You feel a hand softly sit on your cheek, you look up to see Sans looking right at you. You notice that his cat ears have vanished and that his tail is completely gone, your eyes widen.

"Wh-Where's your ears and tail!?"

"i... got rid of them... i-i nearly hurt alphys..."

"It wasn't your fault though! It was no ones!"

His eyes look sad as you raise your voice a bit, not in anger but with worry.

"D-Don't tell me that you drunk that blue stuff..."

"b-but... i thought you'd be scared..."

You shake your head as your throat tightens, your holding back sobs as you continue to tightly hold him.

"Wh-Why w-would I be scared... i-if I know that y-you didn't mean i-it..?"

The two of you stay there for a while, you know that Sans is too weak to move much so you just hold him closely. Your phone rings but you ignore it as it would mean you would have to loosen your grip on him. Eventually it runs out of battery but you don't care in the slightest.

"(y/n)..?"

You look up from his shoulder to see his glims no longer slits, just round dots of light. His usual smile doesn't seem pained and he looks a lot better than when you first found him.

"i'm sorry for scaring you... i just... didn't want you to have to be scared of me..."

"But... I wasn't Sans..."

"i know that now... i won't do it again..."

He seems to be tearing up himself, you quickly wipe them away and stand with his head on your collarbone. You know that he's strong enough now to walk but you don't want to let go, he doesn't really mind the free ride anyway. As you enter the elevator you he presses the button up for you and it makes whirring noises as it lifts the two of you upwards. Either then the noises of the elevator it's silent between the two of you, even though you have something you want to say but you can't bring yourself to say it. You walk out into Hotlands and immediatley begin sweating as his jacket is rather warm for this place. You walk anyway, feeling your legs beginning to wobble not even halfway to Waterfall. The world suddenly shifts and you think that your blacking out, but the scenery changes and your at the brothers home.

"you were looking tired there."

"Thank you..."

You walk upstairs into Sans' room and put him down onto the bed, then without a word you lay down beside him and wrap your arms around him. You see his cheekbones glow a faint blue but he doesnt move away, he instead buries his head into your shoulder and quickly falls asleep. You smile and close your eyes.

"I love you Sans..."

"love ya too (y/n)..."