Asgore X Reader

Asked by stareivia

Asgore isn't the easiest person to write a (character) X Reader for but i'm proud of this one!

Your a bird monster in the Underground with (favourite color) wings. You attack with said wings and... you can use your imagination for the rest of yourself :3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You had watched as Queen Toriel proceeded to knock Asgore unconscious, nearly setting him into the brink of death, before running towards the Ruins. That was a week after Asriel's funeral. You spent a whole month, healing him slowly to bring him back into consciousness. Tears had fallen almost everyday after pumping hours of healing magic into him but with no progress to show for it. Toriel had never deserved this monster, she had thought that his choice to kill every human who comes down here was horrible but it wasn't. It was a hard decision but one a king has to make, a decision that you would follow. Once when you were healing the unconscious king a Whimsalot had burst through the doors to tell you a human had fallen.

"Alright... send Undyne to the edge of Snowdin. Tell her to not let it through!"

They flew off with a salute and you took flight, your large feathered wings were (f/c) and shone through the different lights within the Underground. You were at the door to the Ruins within minutes, just in time to meet the fallen human. It was a small girl, long brown hair with small glasses sitting on her nose. It looks like she had been crying, but you don't care. Your only wish is to fufill your kings orders. In a heartbeat, you slash your razor like wings at the human and a splatter of blood stains you. The child falls with a purple soul floating above them, showing you your trophy. You hastily put it into a jar and begin digging, you can't leave a human body in the middle of the road in case a child or something sees it. You dig down far before gently putting the body inside, laying one of your fallen feathers onto her chest.

"Thank you child. I am truly sorry."

You hastily cover her up with dirt, then snow, and fly back to the castle.

That was so many years ago. Now it's different. Asgore and Toriel had become a family again thanks to Frisk, the child who had released us all from behind the Barrier. You had tried to kill the child before they had passed the Golden Hall but they had been extremely kind to you, a kindness that you have never seen before. You are an incredibly curious bird and so you let him pass, but staying in eyesight so that they don't hurt your king. They had fought for a while, until Asgore had enough of it all and had thrown his weapon down. From the corner of your eye you saw a small yellow flower appearing, along with a dozen or so white pellets. You had seen these pellets in several fallen children, all had mentioned a yellow flower at one point.

"ASGORE!"

You scream his name as you rush to block the pellets, they enter your abdomen and you fall to the ground. The flower disappears but the pain comes tenfold when you try to stand.

"(y/n)!"

Both Asgore and Frisk had rushed to your side, helping you get to Dr Alphys' lab before you had died. Asgore had been by your side the entire time, blaming himself for not being vigilant enough. You shrugged it off and said that you had done your duty, and that you would do it again too. Now here you are, in your new home along with Undyne, Alphys, Sans, Papyrus, Frisk, Toriel and Asgore. They had allowed you to stay with them for saving Asgore, it was too kind for you too accept but Asgore had commanded you to take the hospitality.

"Hey (y/n)? Could I get a lift to school please? I'm going to be late!"

"A lift? As in... me carry you?"

"Yeah! Your strong and fast! You could totally do it!"

The small saviour stares up at you with the same determination as your first meeting. You sigh and lead them to the loungeroom where the King and Queen were sitting, they'd kill you if you didn't ask first.

"Hello your Majesty's."

You bow and you recieve several chuckles, you had never gotten rid of your habit of the two no longer being royalties.

"Hello (y/n). Oh Frisk! Shouldn't you have caught the bus!?!"

"Undyne had taken my shoes to make nun-chuks and made me late! I asked (y/n) if she could give me a lift there."

The two goat-monsters look at you skeptically. You are certainly strong and fast enough to make it there on time, it's a matter of permission.

"If... that's alright with you (y/n)? You've carried Papyrus before so I know that you can do it."

The yellow mane of the king has grown an extra inch longer, small details like this distract you in your day to day life but you agree. You never want your king to worry or to be in pain, even if he's no longer a king.

"(y/n)... why..."

Tears fall from your kings eyes as you lay in his arms, dying from a gun shot wound in the abdomen, everyone seems to love hitting that one area. A human had been robbing a shop from across the street and were firing wildly, you saw the gun aimed at Asgore and you had jumped between the two.

"You... are my king..."

"I am no longer a king (y/n). You didn't have to do this..."

You feel tears fall from your own eyes, your jealousy of Toriel returns in your final moments of life. You always had feelings for your king, but your duty had always come before your feelings.

"I... I love you... Asgore..."

His eyes widen as your own begin to slowly close, you had to tell him or yoou would've regretted it thrroughout your death. He holds you tighter and you begin feeling yourself turning to dust, it isn't incredibly pleasant.

"M-Me too (y/n)... thank you..."

You smile during your final moments before being blown away by the wind, the very thing that you had wished for during your time in the Underground. The wind talked you through death, telling you how to deal with it and how to continue, but all you could think about was Asgore. He's alive because of you, you've completed your duty and can now rest in peace.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here you go stareivia! I had always shipped Asgore with Toriel because of their past relationship but I had thought of this! I couldn't think of any other plot so your a bird monster who's one meaning in life is to protect your king.

So I hope you enjoyed! Bai!