Gaster X Reader

Asked by LaviandRose
Warning: Swearing
-------------------------------------

~~~~~~~Gaster~~~~~~~

Walking around Waterfall has gotten quite boring since no one is able to talk or even see me. The shining rocks reflect off the waters surface and if I was in a good mood i'd once again try and find a scientific reason for why they glow so brightly, but a good mood I am not in. Watching my sons die once again in a seperate timeline did not make my mood very bright. Something begins echoing throughout the cavern and it quickly peaks my interest, something new in this timeline. I quickly head towards the direction the echo is coming from and what I see is something I didn't expect.

"That was beautiful Shyren!"

A young human female just spared Shyren and left her sitting on a rock with a smile and a nice humming tune. The human walks further into Waterfall and I quickly follow, it's not like they'll se me anyway. They finally stop after ten minutes of non-stop walking and they rest beside a river, their feet dipped in the water. I sit down beside them and watch as they pull a mobile phone from their jacket pocket, moving their thumb over it for a bit before clicking the screen. 

Music begins playing and I remain sitting on the ground, watching them close their eyes and breathe slowly.

"You seem to replace
Your brain with your heart.
You take things so hard
And then you fall apart."

"You try to explain
But before you can start,
Those cry baby tears
Come out of the dark."

"Someone's turning the handle,
To that faucet in your eyes.
You pour it out
Where everyone can see."

"Your heart's too big for your body,
It's why you won't fit inside.
You pour it out
Where everyone can see."

"They call you cry baby,
Cry baby.
But you don't fucking care,
Cry baby, cry baby.
So you laugh through your tears.
Cry baby, cry baby
'Cause you don't fucking care.
Tears fall to the ground,
We'll just let them drown."

They're voice is beautiful, it seems to make the stones on the cavern walls glow brighter. I feel my smile grow wider and wider with each lyric that flows from their masterful mouth.

"We'll just let them drown.
Cry baby, cry baby."

"You're all on your own and
You lost all your friends.
You told yourself that
It's not you, it's them."

"You're one of a kind
And no one understands.
But those cry baby tears
Keep coming back again."

"Someone's turning the handle,
To that faucet in your eyes.
You pour it out
Where everyone can see."

"Your heart's too big for your body
It's why you won't fit inside.
You pour it out
Where everyone can see."

"They call you cry baby, cry baby.
But you don't fucking care
Cry baby, cry baby.
So you laugh through your tears.
Cry baby, cry baby,
'Cause you don't fucking care.
Tears fall to the ground
We'll just let them drown.
Cry baby, cry baby.
We'll just let them drown.
Cry baby, cry baby.
We'll just let them drown."

"I look at you and
I see myself.
And I know you better
Than anyone else."

Suddenly their head turns towards me and they smile brightly, directly at me. I turn my head around to see if anyones behind me but the area is empty beside them and me. As they sing I point towards myself and they nod, they can actually see me.

"And I have the same faucet in my eyes,
So your tears are mine."

"They call me cry baby, cry baby,
But I don't fucking care.
Cry baby, cry baby.
I laugh through my tears."

"Cry baby, cry baby,
'Cause I don't fucking care.
Tears fall to the ground
I just let them drown."

"Cry baby, cry baby,
I just let them drown.
Cry baby, cry baby,
We'll just let them drown.
Cry baby, cry baby,
I just let them drown.
Cry baby, cry baby,
We'll just let them drown."

As the music fades the human turns their phone off and pushes it back into their pocket before looking at me again.

"Hello, nice to meet you! I'm (y/n)."

" U m . . . H e l l o ( y / n ) . I a m G a s t e r . I a m s o r r y a b o u t m y v o i c e , i t n e v e r u s e d t o s o u n d s o b r o k e n . "

"It's fine Gaster. I don't mind it at all."

They seem so nice, nothing like the previous humans i've met. One never spoke a word to me and the other killed my sons over the course of thousands of timelines. I'm glad to have met this one.

"Uh, Gaster? Why hasn't anyone ever spoken about you? Every other monster i've met here someone has talked about."

I sigh and stare up at the ceiling, i'm not surprised that no one has spoken about me. The only ones who even remember me are Sans, Papyrus, Alphys, King Asgore and Queen Toriel, it saddens me that I will never have a conversation with them again.

" I h a d f a l l e n i n t o t h e C o r e m a n y y e a r s a g o . D o i n g s o e r a s e d m e f r o m m a n y p e o p l e s m i n d s a n d t h e o n e s w h o d o r e m e m b e r d o n o t w i s h t o s p e a k o f m e . "

They sigh and stand up, slowly walking towards me. I quickly stand but I stumble as they run me into a hug. I try and grab for words but I only stutter wildly, I haven't felt any kind of interaction in years.

"I'll try... I'll try to help you anyway I can."

She'll... try to help? No one said that they would help me before. I hug back tightly and whisper the words 'thank you' into their ear.

"It's no problam Gaster, everyone deserves help when they need it."

I smile as they release me from the hug, smiling up at me with large, hopeful eyes. She sits and talks about whatever comes to mind for hours until she yawns loudly.

" A r e y o u t i r e d ( y / n ) ? "

"A little but... I don't want to leave you alone."

" I w i l l b e f i n e . D o n o t w o r r y f o r m e . "

She smiles and hugs me for the last time before slowly walking back towards Snowdin. I watch them until they leave my sight, sighing loudly as they do.