Papyrus x Depressed Reader

Asked by Frisk_is_life

Warning: Will have depressing scenes and suicidal thoughts/actions. I don't recommend suicide as an answer for depression or any other mental illness'.

------------------------------

Your sick of it, all of it. The world around you has been pushing you down all your life and now you can no longer handle any of it. First your mother left you alone with your abusive father who directed all his rage onto hitting you, then you fell down a hole where a homicidal plant waited for you. Day after day in the Underground has been filled with thoughts.

'Do they even like me?'
'Will they stab me in the back when i'm not looking?'
'Will they abuse me too?'
'They hate me.'
'They want me to die.'
'They only want me here for my soul.'

'Make it easier for them.'
'Make it easier for yourself.'

The thoughts filled your mind like an over filled cup, a slight shake and it'll all fall out. Your not waiting for the shake to happen, the knife in your shaking hand will fix that. You brought it up to your wrist and slashed at it without a second thought, a streak of blood splattered the wall beside you as you scream and drop the knife, watching blood drip onto the floor. You shakily pick it up again with your bleeding hand and wait for it to become stable enough to slash at your other hand, once again screaming and dropping the knife. Blood splattered on the floor and the white sink beside you, you always liked the coldness that bathrooms seem to have.

"(Y/N)!?!?"

Your head aches with the world spinning around you but you recognise the voice, not able to pin it to a face. You hear stomping around your loungeroom and hallway, whoever it is they seem to be frantically searching for something, it's probably a monster about to steal your stuff. You just made it easier for them. Again you pick up the bloody knife with a shaking hand but it drops to the ground with a clang as your no longer strong enough to hold it. You feel a bit of blood from the knife splat onto your face, you wonder how the monsters will see your bloodless body once somebody finds you. Suddenly the door opens to show a tall skeleton with orange boots, white body and a red scarf look frightingly down at your bleeding body.

"(Y/N)!"

He crouches down and lifts your face, his black eye sockets looking into your eyes. Then he looks at your bleeding wrists, quickly he runs to the nearby cupboard and starts tearing up a thin towel.

"Pa... pyrus..?"

Your voice is weak and shaky and it only seems to make him go faster with his tearing. He brings the strips of broken cloth over to you and starts tying it to your arms, one over the wound and another higher up and tighter. You wince continuously but you don't move, your to weak to even try.

"WHY... WHY DID YOU DO THIS..."

"Monsters... hate... me..."

Without another word he places a hand on your back and the other wrapped around your legs, effortlessly picking you up. Your head slumps onto his chest as he walks you into your loungeroom and gently puts you onto the couch.

"NOBODY HATES YOU. YOUR TOO KIND TO BE HATED."

"They... only... want my... s-soul..."

He sighs and sits beside where your heads laying, gently dragging you to him and placing you head into his lap. He removes his gloves and starts dragging his skeletal fingers through your hair, untying knots as he does so.

"What... are you... doing Pap..?"

"SHOWING YOU SOMEONE CARES MORE ABOUT YOU THEN YOUR SOUL."

You feel some sort of energy come from his hands and you watch as orange whisps of what looks like smoke dance around you, some of it absorbing into the bloody towel rags. Your wrists sting a little but it stops after a minute or so, you want to check your wrists but your still rather weak.

"DID... THAT HELP?"

"Yes. Thank you Pap."

He grabs you around the waist and pulls you up so that your on a sitting position on his lap, you'd be blushing if there already wasn't enough blood circulating around your body. He rests your head onto his shoulder as he hugs you tight without hurting you.

"NEVER SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN..."

"S... Scare you..?"

You feel something wet drip down your top, you move your head to see Papyrus crying as he continues to hold onto you tightly. Your stomach clenches and twists at the sight, never wanting to see it again.

"D-Don't cry... please..."

"WHEN I SAW ALL THE RED I THOUGHT YOU... I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD. THATS WHY I LIFTED YOUR HEAD, TO SEE IF YOU WOULD LOOK BACK AT ME."

His words trembled more and more until he couldn't say anymore as he was too busy crying to be able to. You get yourself more comfortable on his lap before snuggling up into his battle body, your head resting on his chest.

"I-I'm sorry Papyrus... I-I was... "

You didn't know how to explain what you just did, it was too painful to talk about. The two of you just sat there on the couch for hours until Papyrus' phone starting ringing. He sighs as he looks at the caller.

"IT'S SANS... I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HOME AN HOUR AGO."

He picks up and you immediatley hear the worried voice of the shorter brother over the phone, mostly asking if anyone had tried to hurt Pap. He quickly explains what happened and Sans seems to calm down.

"CAN (Y/N) STAY AT OUR HOUSE FOR A WHILE?"

Your cheeks heated up at hearing this and even more once you hear Sans say something about the 'Bonezone'. You look up at Pap to see he's also blushing, an orange hue covered his cheekbones.

"SANS!! SHE CAN HEAR YOU!!"

You laugh in confirmation but Sans only laughs with you, making Papyrus hang up without another word. He puts his phone away and picks you up just like he did before, heading towards the front door.

"I need clothes and stuff."

"WE CAN COME BACK TOMORROW, WHEN YOUR STRONGER. I'LL CALL UNDYNE FOR SOME CLOTHES ONCE WE GET HOME, YOU'VE STAINED YOURS."

You nod and lean against his chest again, looking at your surroundings as he walks towards Snowdin. Monsters see Papyrus carrying you and they seem to smile, making your anxiety shrink a small amount.

"(Y/N)?"

"Yeah Pap?"

"I UH... I LOVE YOU..."

Without hesitation you stretch your head up and kiss his teeth, his orange blush returns ten-fold.

"Thank you Papyrus. I love you too."