Sans X Depressed Reader

Asked by H-Heichou

Warning: May have depressing scenes, suicidal thoughts/actions and swearing. I don't recommend suicide as an answer for depression or any other mental illness'.

------------------------------------------

Your feet lightly splashed the running river, the crystals inbedded in the walls lit up the water and allowed it to show you your reflection. Your messy hair, sunken eyes, all around tired expression that made you sigh and kick the water out of frustration. Ever since you fell down into the Underground you've been going to Toriel's school, your a bit old for the things she teaches but some of it is actually cool to know. Many monsters also attend, some older but most younger than yourself. But out of everyone in the Underground, the bullies just had to be drawn to you.

"I never knew humans could look so ugly."
"Why are you even down here? Did you fall down to kill yourself? Try again."
"Dear Asgore... your such a freak... "

You try to ignore it all, but after a year of it you finally snapped and had punched one in the face. The force had pushed him over a rock and they ended up having a broken leg and a bent beak. You had never shown violence to anyone before so you had run off before they had done anything about it and now a month has passed. Your still able to buy food thanks to your hood hiding your face and that sparing monsters gives you money somehow but the communication between you and another individual has been minimal. You sit in an abandoned area of Waterfall where you've been camping out, your feet dangle in the water and you silently look down at your reflection again, same old messy hair and sunken eyes. You haven't changed in the last five minutes.

"hey kid."

Your head spins around to see who's behind you, a skeleton with a nice blue jacket, black shorts with a white strip and pick fuzzy slippers. You sigh and face back down at your reflection again.

"Go ahead... I'm starting to get used to it..."

Instead of saying anything he moves to sit beside you, takes off his slippers and dangles his skeletal feet into the water like you.

"used to what?"

"I'm used to being bullied so just... hurry up and get it over with..."

If one monster has found you it means that other are bound to find you soon. As soon as this one's gets sick of you you decide to head off to Hotlands and find a cave or something.

"i ain't gonna bully ya kid. it seemed like you were lonely so i came to say hi."

You sneak a look at him and it seems like he's entertained by his reflection, the small glims in his eyes focused on the water. A skeptical feeling crawled up your back but you ignore it and wrap your arms around your stomach in nervousness.

"Well... um... hi... I'm (Y/n)..."

"nice to meetcha. the name's sans. sans the skeleton."

He seems genuinely kind so you loosen your grip from your stomach and turn your head towards him to see that his gaze has moved onto you. His teeth seem to be in a smile shape and you ignore the thousands of questions about him being a skeleton.

"U-Uh... how did you find me..?"

"was just walking 'round. then i saw you and... here we are."

You nod and bite your lip, you notice that your social skills have gone down the drain and you no longer know how to have a conversation. Sans splashes the water and stands, shuffling his feet into his slippers before holding out a hand towards you.

"c'mon kiddo, you look hungry and my bro always has some left over spaghetti. now that he can make it edible..."

You hesitate to grab the out stretched hand, you just met him and he wants to bring you to his home!? But you are rather hungry... and he's seemed genuinely nice to you. You slowly place your hand in his and he helps you to your feet before leading you off towards Snowdin, your hands remaining together. You look down at your hands and smile at the fact that you've found someone who's kind enough to offer you food.

"pap's gonna be phyched about meeting another human... don't worry though, he won't hurt ya."

"I'M GLAD YOU LIKE IT HUMAN!"

You smile with your mouth full of spaghetti, it's really good and Sans seemed surprised about that. Speaking of, Sans slowly grabs some with a fork and takes a bite. The glims in his eyes enlarge a bit as his smile grows.

"wow pap... you've improved a lot..."

"THANK YOU! TORIEL HELPED ME!"

You stumble with the fork at the Toriel's name but neither of the brothers seem to notice, you feel guilty for leaving her but she had never believed that you were being bullied. You finish the rest of your food and smile at the brothers.

"Thank you for dinner, it was really good. I uh... should be heading off now."

"BUT SANS SAID THAT YOU WERE SLEEPING IN WATERFALL..."

When did they have the time to talk!? They were in the same room as you the entire time! You try and shwipe that away with a smile.

"I-It's fine Papyrus..."

"kid, you can stay here if you want. you can't stay out there alone, you'll eventually go hungry."

You look down at the table again and unconsciously grab hold of your sleeves.

"Why are you both being so nice to me..."

They both stiffen up at your question but you continue to just look down. Something is suddenly draped over your shoulders with a hand resting on your back.

"'cause your a nice kid and we wanna help you get over whatever made you so depressed. it doesn't suit you."

"WE LIKE YOUR SMILE MORE!"

You feel tears build up and you quickly swat them away before turning and wrapping your arms around Sans' neck... vertebrae..? Neck..?

"w-woah! kid! d-don't cry!"

"Thank you thank you thank you!!"

His arms slowly wrap around you and you continue to cry into his shoulder. Your not crying from sadness, your actually the happiest you've been since Toriel had taken you in. You don't notice but you slowly fall asleep, still clinging onto Sans while also wearing the jacket he had put on you before.

~~~~~~Sans~~~~~~

She just fell asleep on me, arms wrapped around my neck and half sitting on the chair. I quietly chuckle and look over at Pap who's cleaning dishes.

"uh... pap? little help please?"

He looks over and smiles wide before putting down the plate he's washing and walks over to me. He helps put her in my arms before quietly walking back to the sink that Toriel had convinced him to lower. Instead of walking I use a shortcut to take her to my room and lay her down, covering her with some blankets. Her face is stained with tears but the large smile on her face tells me that asking her to stay was a good decision.

"night (y/n)... glad your staying."