Sans x Depressed Reader

SANS THINKS YOU FRICK-FRACKED WITH METTATON BUT NOPE YOU DIDNT
1. You reset
2. You reset on your own choice, no Chara mischief, no dying
3. The last timeline fucking sucked
So yep. Enjoy.
------------------------------

RESET

You didn't want to make everyone forget. You didn't want Toriel to have to re-know you. Or Papyrus to be happy to see a human. Or re-friend Undyne, Alphys, Mettaton and Asgore. All you wanted to do was to be with Sans again.

"stay away from me (y/n)..."

Instead of meeting him on the bridge that Papyrus made, you met him inside Grillbys where he was drinking what seems to be his third bottle of ketchup. You knew that the condiment was a type of stress relief but when you went to talk to him, he left. When you followed he threatened you with a Gaster Blaster in your face but you could swear that you heard him holding back a sob. What happened in the last timeline you ask? Only something that one half of a couple should never do.

EXCEPT YOU DIDN'T

"For the last time Sans, I didn't cheat on you!"

"then why'd you reset!? to, i don't know, erase all evidence of it!?"

Somehow, a rumor got out that you had cheated on Sans with Mettaton. You didn't even like the flamboyant robot that much but apparently your now ex-boyfriend doesn't take that into account. You had Reset so that you could try and patch things up with him, to convince him that you still love him.

BUT THE RESET WAS FOR NOTHING

"Why did you do it (y/n)? Sure, I don't see much appeal for the smelly trashbag but he was already depressed. Now he cries in his bedroom everynight! Good job!"

"Leave me alone Flowey..."

"Aw, but you don't want to be left alone."

You quickly stomp away, usually you'd try to become friends with the soulless plant but your not in the mood. Sans won't let you stay on his living room couch, you see him walk past the Snowdin Inn with hatred oozing off of him and you see him sometimes when he picks up Papyrus from Undyne's. You tried staying with Alphys but Mettaton was always there and of course he loved to flirt with you. So, your staying in a nice little cave in Waterfall where no one can find you. You know that you can't fight Asgore by yourself and Sans had promised to be there by your side.

YOU DOUBT THAT HE WANTS TO BE NEAR YOU

You sigh and look up at the shining rocks above you, once again reminding you of when you passed through here on the way to Hotlands for the first time. You looked through a telescope but all you saw was red, then you heard the chuckling of a certain skeleton who then wiped a bit of wet red paint off your eye.

EVEN YOUR MEMORIES ARE GETTING HARDER TO FIND

You've been here for months, alone in a small cave, your phone battery had ran out weeks ago. Papyrus and Undyne have probably searched for you but you guess that they must of stopped as the loud conversations had subsidded a few days ago, they probably think that your up on the Surface.

YOU HAVE NOTHING UP THERE

Sighing you start to cry again into the pillow that you found in the large garbage pile just before Napstablook's home, you could've stolen one but your not heartless.

BUT YOU ARE HEARTBROKEN

"...(y/n)..?"

You don't look up, not caring who sees you as you can just find another cave later. After your crying session. Then the nap that you'll be lulled into from crying so much. Before you can react your lifted up by the shoulders gently and you try to rub your tears away to see who it is.

"i... i thought you left..."

"Sa... Sans..?"

A well-known boney hand wipes away your remaining tears as you try to stop creating them. You don't want to cry in front of him, he'll just hate you for crying after 'your mistake'. But you can't help but blubber on.

"I-I... I didn't... wh-why would I cheat o-on you..? I l-love your smile too much to make y-you sad... I d-don't want to leave you t-to have nightmares... I hate it wh-when you have nightmares..."

You keep going but not even you can understand what your saying. Suddenly he pulls you into a hug and slowly tries to calm you, your head on his boney chest, your hands clinging to his jacket. One of his hands patting your head, the other slowly rubbing your back.

"shh... calm down kiddo..."

"I ne-ever wanted t-to... to h-hurt you.."

You both sit there for a while, even after you finished crying. He just quietly brushes your hair with his phalanges as the beating of his soul being the only sound in the world. Suddenly he gently pushes you away from his chest but continues to hold your shoulders.

"i'm sorry i... i-i didn't believe you. y-you know me... i'm su-uch a bonehead."

You can hear that he one, feels bad and two, is holding back sobs. You quietly laugh at the pun and lay back down onto his chest, he quickly wraps you in a tight hug.

"but i'm still going to turn that egotistical robot into a soda can."

"Huh..? Why?"

"he asked me if he could date paps."

Well then, that's a reasonable enough reason.

"I ship it. Papyton is a good ship name."

"your so lucky i love you."

"Heh... love you too. Bonehead."

"fleshy."

"Punster."

"beautiful."

"Pfft, liar."

"you need undyne's self confidence lessons."

"In your dreams!"

-------------------------------------

I DONT EVEN KNOW

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS DEPRESSING PILE OF- *gets dragged away by Pap*

sans: sorry, she's dying mentally

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH