Neko Sans X Reader - Part 2: Frozen Fur

Please also read "Neko Sans X Reader - Part 2: Never Let Go" for an alternate ending!
----------------------------------------

You decide to search the surrounding forest of Snowdin for the skeletal cat that ran off before. Your scared of what might be happening to him as he looked rather terrified of himself after he swatted at Alphys earlier. You pull your jacket up around your exposed neck and start searching the surrounding forest, looking for any sign of Sans being nearby. You thoroughly search behind every tree, every random snow poff, any random hills of snow but after several hours of searching you haven't even found a slipper print. You start defeatedly walking back towards the bright lights of Snowdin but the quiet sound of rattling bones makes you stop and frantically look around, a flash of blue cloth grabs your eye and you run full sprint towards it. Beneath a tree is Sans curled up in a tight ball, shivering like crazy. His eye sockets are tightly closed with dried tears staining his skull.

"Sans!!"

You see his head try to move towards your voice but he seems to be freezing to death in the snow and incredibly weak, turning into a cat must have made it so the cold temperature would effect him. You quickly scoop him up in your arms and run for his home, Grillby would have shut his place down by now so the brothers home would be the warmest place in Snowdin. You hear Sans try and say something but the wind in your ears muffles his already quiet voice so you don't hear. A minute later you barge into the house and gently put Sans onto the couch, placing your coat ontop of his curled up body. You run from room to room collecting every blanket in the house and throw it onto Sans' shaking body, curling up with him yourself to try and get him warm. His shaking slows down a bit and eventually you see Sans' head pop up from the army of blankets piled onto him.

"Are y-you warmer now S-Sans..?"

As you talked you realise that you had been crying, your face was wet with tears and your voice was as shaky as Sans. His head turns toward yours and your face to face to the furry-eared skeleton.

"i-i'm sorry (y/n)... i c-couldn't..."

The glims in his eyes were watery and struggling to remain bright. You wrap your arms around him tighter and kiss his forehead, making his face glow into a blue blush. His head rests on yours as he releases shaky breaths to calm down.

"I know you didn't mean it... I know you wouldn't hurt anyone on purpose..."

He stays quiet and eventually you hear his breathing start to slow, he's asleep of course. You giggle quietly and stay close to him, throwing a few blankets over yourself before you fall asleep beside him.

You wake up to being shaked wildly and with yells of worry from several different monsters. You clearly hear Undyne and Papyrus' voices with small intervenes from Alphys and Sans himself. Still being tired from last night you keep your eyes closed but your mind hears everything around you. Papyrus was extremely worried, Undyne was mad that he nearly hit Alphys, which she retaliated with facts on why a cat would do what Sans did. Eventually everyone calms down and once your again your shaked but more gently then before.

"i know you've been awake the whole time."

You couldn't help but smile as your eyes opened, the cat-erized skeleton looking down at you on the couch. It's funny how he hardly is looking down at all but you hold in your giggle.

"Sorry... I was tired after walking through the forest all yesterday."

He nods and looks around before laying back down beside you, moving your hand back onto his head. You take the hint and scratch just behind his ear, smiling as he begins purring quietly. His head moves every now and again to rub against your hand and you feel your cheeks heating up, he's really enjoying being pat.

"now i know why cats want so much attention."

"Because you get to lay down and get pat repeaditively?"

"heh, yep!"

After a few minutes you hear a quiet tearing noise from the couch and you look over Sans to see his hand doing that weird cat thing when they feel comfortable, it's threatening to tear the couch.

"Sans! Your going to rip the couch!"

"oh! sorry! i... didn't realise i was doing that..."

His sad voice makes you spring off the couch and run to Papyrus' room, grabbing a random patch of carpet you saw in here earlier when you were gathering blankets. You stop to try and think why would he have a square of carpet but nothing comes up so you head downstairs, keeping the question in the back of your head to ask later. You sit back down beside Sans and show him the carpet square.

"Paps had this in his room for some reason... just do it on this. Better than the couch."

The smile on his face makes your heart pound and it makes you smile as well. You both lay back down and your back to patting his head, the sound of scratching has slightly changed as it's carpet and no longer the couch. The purring gets louder and louder until your surprised no one has barged in, wondering why a car is in the Underground. Suddenly the purring goes quiet, again Sans is asleep. You sigh and shake your head with a smile, he's already getting used to being part cat and you've certainly helped. The sudden 'meow' makes you laugh but you cover your mouth quickly before any noise escaped your mouth, he just 'meowed' in his sleep! You calm down and quickly go back to patting the top of his head as he sleeps, you just stare up at the ceiling contently. Sans' sudden movement makes you stop, his arms wrap around your waist with his head burying into your shoulder.

"thank you... (y/n)..."

He still sounds asleep but you smile at him and place your head onto his, wrapping your hand past his face and behind his ear to scratch. The purring starts up again and you quietly giggle. You love your little cat skeleton and you know he loves you back.