UnderSwap Papyrus x Reader

The older brothers scarf was around his neck. It's baby blue colour contrasts against his orange hoodie, he's been quiet ever since we found the dusty scarf in a pile of gray coloured snow.

"...you should head home."

"I'm not leaving you to deal with them alone."

"...alphys should be up ahead."

"Then i'll leave once we meet up with her."

"...she'll try to kill you."

"I'll leave running."

He finally talks to me but I can hear nothing but hurt, loss and distance in his voice, I don't blame him. The only family that he had just died and the both of us were too late to save him. I ran with Pap after we found out that Sans decided to fight the human. It ended with the taller skeleton crying into my shoulder with his hands shaking by his chest, his soul separated by the scarf in his clutched phalanges by two layers of fabric.

"...why aren't you leaving..?"

I sigh and look down, I admit that I have a large crush on Papyrus and I want to make sure that he's safe but that's only half the reason why I decided not to stay at home.

"I get that I'm not related to you guys in anyway... that your hurting an unimaginable amount more then I ever would... but I cared for him too. The least I can do is to make sure that his brother isn't alone."

I feel his eyes on me I continue to look down, I want to look back up so I'm not seeing the piles of dust we walk past but I can't look him in the eyes. I know that once I do that I'd break down into a sob, I don't want him to have to worry about me.

Alphys was gone. Nabstabot was torn apart. Undyne was nowhere to be found. Not a single sign of life was found as we walked through Hotlands, the Core and the passage Papyrus opened that lead straight to a hall that glowed yellow. Where's the light coming from? It's too bright to see out the windows...

"please... hide, and don't come out..."

The hurt remains in his voice but there's also anger and worry that I could hear. Scared, I quickly ran to the second last column and hide behind it. As time passes my heart rate slowly increased until I could hear it. The rhythmic thumping suddenly stopped as small footsteps replaced them, they were calm and slowly approaching.

"...thought you would've reset once you realised that you missed (y/n)..."

I got from scared to confused in a single sentence. I slowly peeked out to see a small human child with brown bangs in front of their eyes and a purple sweater with blue stripes. But what scared me the most was the knife in their hand, dust and bits of what I guess would be blood dripping off the edge. I quickly hid behind the column again and ignored the voices behind me, focusing my gaze on my fingers. The column behind me suddenly explodes around me, I go to scream but my hands shoot up and cover my mouth. I take deep breaths and wait but after that large blast there's been no noise since. I slowly peek my head out only to cover my mouth to hide a gasp.

"do you r-really think... that I'd just stand... h-here... and watch you hurt her..?"

He's on his knees, sweat pouring from his skull, his right hand is the only thing from face planting into the tiled flooring. The human child is standing a foot away from him, knife shimmering against the light coming through the window. Without a second thought I ran towards him and threw my arms out to block him, pain shoots through my chest as the child's knife digs into me. Blood stains my clothing as it slowly leaks and starts to dull everything around me.

"...(y-y/n)..!?"

"S-Sorry... Pa-aps..."

My legs fall out from under me and I fall backwards, I'm caught and gently placed onto the ground. It's cold. The floor is really cold.

"d-dammit... why... you saw her coming! you D I R T Y  F U C K I N G  K I L L E R ! "

A strange sound rings throughout the room and is followed quickly by a loud crash of rock. It's getting harder to see and moving is almost impossible. Someone lifts me up a little by my back and a slightly fuzzy image of Papyrus looms over me, looking terrified.

"why the h-hell did you do that!?"

"... I-I'm... s-s... s-sorry..."

It's getting hard to keep my eyes open. He continues talking but it's all just noise. I feel something cold run down the side of my face, then is followed by something wiping it away.

"... -ease... ...-on't lea-... I... you..."

Papyrus' words are distorted within the rest of the noise.

...

Then it's just black.

I had fallen again, for a second time. Maybe more. The flower told me that I've fallen into the Underground numerous times. Whatever that means i'll ignore it, I have a small skeleton to re-meet and smile widely at then a taller skeleton to hug tightly and say sorry for sacrificing myself for him. Right now I'm trudging through the snow, once again I left without a jacket but this time it was just me forgetting. Asgore was hard to pass but it was worth it. I smirk as I hear the large branch snap behind me then hold in a laugh as I stop in front of the large gate that Sans made.

"H U M A N . . . "

Before he could say more I spin around and tackle him into a hug, he lands back first onto the ground and laughs loudly as he hugs back.

"whoa kiddo! careful!"

"I'm... sorry Pap..."

"it's fine... just don't scare me like that again, alright?"

I nod and bury my face into his jumper, smells as sweet as honey. Makes sense now that I think about the mass amounts he drinks.

"hey (y/n)?"

"Hmm..? Yeah Pap?"

"uh... do you have a b-band aid..?"

He's suddenly blushing and his voice got a little nervous, did I hurt him when I tackled him?

"No... why..?"

"cause I hurt myself falling for you."

"Love you too Pap."

"I thought you were about to slap me."

"I was about to since you just confessed with a pun."

"how else do you confess..?"

"This would've been fine."

I quickly kiss him before he could say another word, it's strange to kiss teeth but I can deal with it. We break apart at hearing a quiet squeal and chuckle to see Sans standing there.

"YOU FINALLY FOUND A GIRLFRIEND!"

"bro..."

"THEY'RE HUMAN TOO!"

"sans... give me the phone..."

I see the phone in the small skeletons hand then the sly smile on his face just before he teleports away. Papyrus collapses back on the ground with one of his arms still around me and I can't help but giggle.

"...Your brother can be really quiet."

"urgh..."