Chapter 7 - Soul Seal

(Please remember to Vote if you liked the Chapter. - Author.)

Lux continues to train till the 16th Bell.

Master Snow tells the class they are dismissed.

Lux returns to his room to find Phin hasn't returned.

Lux notices a package on his bed with a note.

The note reads "heard about the battle with James so i thought that you would probably forget about dinner. - Phin"

Inside the package there is a sandwich made with boiled ham and mustard.

Lux says "nice, now i can practice till 23rd Bell."

Lux then started to practice Chaotic tempered body technique by infusing Chaotic energy into his skin which releases intense pain all over his body.

Lux grunts and bears with the pain.

Cracks appear all over Lux's body.
They release red light which starts to burn slashes in the walls near Lux's bed.

After 1 hour Lux stops infusing chaotic energy into his body.

Lux begins to stretch and then yelps in pain when the cracks in his skin split open.
Blood splashes on to the wall and bed.

Lux whispers "why does this hurt so much. WHY AM I NOT HEALING!"

Lux says "Think. How did master Snow heal himself so quickly."

Lux begins to concentrate on his wounds and he imagines that they are closing.
Lux begins to feel a burning sensation around his wounds.

The bleeding slows and then the wounds heal visible to the human eye.

After 30minutes Lux is completely healed, though he is still sore in his muscles.

Lux continues to do this till 23rd bell.
He then heals his body on the way to the Alchemist classroom.

When he gets there he feels refreshed as if he had a full nights sleep.

His body feels stronger and faster but his power seems to have grown more out of control.

Lux decides to meditate to calm his power and wait for james to arrive.

At midnight James arrives with some other students.

James says "looks like you decided to fight. You're a fool if you think you'll win."

Lux says calmly "let our strength decide the winner."

James shouts "fine, don't say I didn't warn you!"

He then uses a vine as a whip to attack Lux.

Lux blocks it by wrestling control of the vine from James and then makes it shrink.

James grunts with fear on his face, "how did you do that? Then take this."

James then flings leaves from the surrounding trees which hardens into steel like knifes.

Lux summons large tree roots to defend against them.
He then attacks James by slamming them down top of him.

James gets trapped under the roots.
He then shouts in desperation "help! Kill him now!"

The other students then start to attack Lux using the surrounding plants.

As Lux is attacked he blocks most of the attack but he gets injured by a flying stick which stabs him in the chest.

Suddenly a massive miasma starts to leak from Lux's body which starts to burn all the plants in the classroom.
Lux's eyes start to turn into red suns.

As Lux's body starts to be infused by Chaotic energy, the other students and James start to collapse.

Lux starts to float into the air where any surviving plants develop thorns and begin to cocoon around Lux.

Master Snow walks into the room and shouts "ENOUGH. SLEEP."

Lux then stops glowing and falls to the ground.

Master Snow begins to chant "Bind this man with the chains of life and power. Never shall he escape them.
Bind his strength to his soul and limit its ability to grow. Bury his power both in life and in death. Only if he becomes a god will he gain his true strength. O Mother of Nature I ask of thee to fulfil this request. As your servant i ask of thee."

Suddenly a massive flash of light surrounds Lux and then absorbs into him.

-the next day.-

Lux wakes up and tries to sit up.
Suddenly a wave of dizziness overcomes him which makes him feel sick.

"Why am i so weak." moans Lux.

Master Snow rolls his eyes and says "because you couldn't be trusted. I bound your power to one 10th of its true strength using a forbidden sealing technique called Soul Seal."

Lux asks "but why?"

Master Snow in anger, he shouts "BECAUSE YOU NEARLY KILLED THEM!
I had to use a god level sealing technique just to contain you.
The soul seal is used on murderers who are so powerful that they need to be sealed just to kill them.
If the students had died then so would have you when the headmaster finds out."

Lux murmurs "i am really that frightening? But they didn't die right?"

"Only because I stopped you before you could kill them." says master snow.

"Will the seal slow my cultivation rate? Will it make it impossible to get stronger." says Lux.

"It will be harder to improve your strength but you are a Champion of Chaos which means that you train 20 times faster than most people.
Now the seal will block a portion of your power but your soul will continue to generate it, so when you unlock the seal, it will be the equivalent of consuming a demon emperor core at your current level. But that is in the distant future." explains master snow.

"Very well master. I am sorry i lost control of my actions." apologises Lux.

Master Snow says "we must never let it happen again. I don't know if the Soul Seal will fully contain your power.
No Champion has been Sealed in a very long time so all record has been lost. The only reason i have any knowledge about it is because i found it in a old Wizard book."

"Whats a wizard?" Lux asks.

"A wizard is a cultivator who draws power from celestial bodies such as planets and stars.
I made a small alteration to the original spell to include Mother Nature with whom i draw power from.
Which is why i don't know if the seal will bind you fully." explains Master Snow.

Wondering, Lux asks "does that mean people can draw power from other sources other than the 16 Powers?"

"Of course they can but some sources are more deadly than others.
Demons make pacts with humans who allow demons to possess them to gain power, they are called Warlocks.
There are also witches which use the world laws to control the world.
They are the most dangerous and the weakest of cultvators, you startle them then their spells break with their concentration. They use dolls and rituals to gain power." master snow warns Lux.

"But I thought the 16 powers were the only way to gain power. Would i be able to learn how to draw power from the stars like a wizard?" asks Lux.

Master snow says "maybe i don't know. You would have to ask one.
now get your gear and meet me at the main gate of the city. We are going away for personal training in Black Leaf Forest. Pack for 3 months. See you soon, Bye." he then leaves the room.