Chapter 10 - The Hunt Begins

(Sorry for the delay. I am a college student and i have exams coming up which means i need to study.
Please remember to Vote if you liked the Chapter. - Author.)

Lux and Master Snow had been jogging since sun rise.
Late in the afternoon they arrive near Black Leaf Forest as they can see it in the distance.

"We're nearly there Boy. Lets rest a moment to gather our strength. We will need it soon." says Master Snow as he stops and sits on the ground.

Lux falls on the ground with a thud.
"Thank the gods. My legs feel like they are about to fall off." says Lux.

Master Snow laughs and stares into the distance.

"Recover quickly Boy, there are bandits coming this way. Stay quiet till i give the order to attack, go all out." murmurs master snow.
Lux nods and tries to quick recover his strength.

The bandits are a group of 8 on horseback.
They gallop over from Black leaf forest.

The leader shouts "well what do we have here lads. Seems to be a old man and his grandson."
The bandits stop 5m away from Lux and Master Snow.

The leader asks Master Snow "why are you in the middle of nowhere. The nearest town is at least a days walk from here. Hand over all your valuables and I may let you live."

Master Snow says "please sir, we are not looking for trouble. How about you let us pass on by. We are just a pair of poor peasants. We are not worth the trouble."

The bandit leader laughs and says "but we are still going to rob you. If you had just done what i asked without question then maybe you could have lived but now we are just going to kill you. Men attack!"

Master Snow shouts "kill them all boy!."

Lux then jet boosts forward into a bandit, hitting him in the stomach with a fire soaked fist.
The bandit is blown back into his friends.
The bandit screams as the fire burns right through his body and then he dies.

The bandit leader shout "Get revenge for our comrade. Tear that boy limb from limb!"

Lux then commands the grass to harden into blades which cut the feet of the approaching bandits.
The 4 of the bandits fall onto the grass blades which cause them to bleed all over the ground.
Lux then blasts a small ball of fire at the bandit leader then jets into the air to dodge one of the swords from the last 3 bandits.

Lux faces the shortest bandit and says "this is fun. Hahaha"

The bandit yells "Dieee!." while swinging his two-handed greatsword.
Lux barely dodges the blade which leaves a long cut on Lux's shoulder blade.
Lux then hurriedly pushes with his hand and releases a blast of pure Mana energy.
Suddenly a air ripple (like looking through a magnifying lens) appears which blasts the bandit 100m away where he lies still.
Lux yelps "what happened. I just panicked. I must remember that move."
The bandit leader then tries to join the fight but Master Snow stops him by creating a tree like humanoid creature which then stalls him.

The last bandit says "you have killed my brothers. My boss is being kept busy by your grandfather which means i can go all out against you."
The bandit then starts to glow with a black coloured light.
The bandit chants "oh Necro, god of Death, your servant calls you to give me power in return for this sacrifice. Release the dead and let them possess my fallen brothers!" suddenly a screaming fills the air as a blackish gray mist covers the dead bandits.
The mist gets sucked into the dead bodies and they start to float up like puppets on strings.

Lux shouts "master how do i kill these things."

Master snow shouts "with fire you fool. Fire kills most things!"