Chapter 39 - The Title Of Baron

(here is a list of the nobility ranks)

1st rank - King, Queen.
(hold the most political power.
Control kingdom.
Position Limited to Royal family.)

2nd rank - Prince, Princess.
(Heirs to the Kingdoms throne.
Have a private guard force.
Position Limited to the Royal family.)

3rd rank - Duke
(Control part of the kingdoms territory.
Highest rank a Noble can achieve.
Has a extra large sized army. (100,000 men.)

4th rank - Earl
(controls a large city.
Has a large sized army. (50,000 men.))

5th rank - Count
(controls a medium sized city.
Has a medium sized army. (25,000 men.)

6th rank - Viscount
(controls small sized city.
Has a small sized army (10,000 men.))

7th rank - Baron
(control a town.
Has a group of soldiers to protect town. (1000 men.)

8th rank - Knight
(Lowest rank of noble.
Can serve all ranks of Nobles.
Can have 5 Servants to serve them.)

------------------------------------------------

A Light surrounds Lux as he is falling.
Lux appears on a stage in the Portal entrance room to the Arena.
Lux in his insane state growls at group of elders who are gathered near the stage.

Lux is about to Pounce on the elders, when Master Snow appears out of nowhere behind Lux, grabs him in a headlock and drags him to the ground.

Lux tries to defend himself from the sudden attack but is quickly suppressed by Master Snow who channels his Magic into Lux.
Lux feels like a soothing liquid is flowing through his body, making it numb.
Lux quickly falls unconscious and a darkness invades his vision.

(later)

When Lux wakes up, his mind is clear and his sanity has been restored.
He is now lying on a soft bed in a hospital ward.
He sees a nurse tending to a man 3 beds away to Lux's left.
The man is covered in bandages from head to toe, only his Lips can be seen.

Lux stretches, feeling like he has had a goodnight's sleep.

To Lux's right, Master Snow says "So you are back Lux.
Good, now you can answer my question on why you were about to attack the Headmasters of the City's schools?"

Lux turns quickly to Master Snow and says "Sorry master, I lost control of my body when the Blood Rage spell activated.
A woman called Angel was about to stab my friend Zeal and i just felt so much anger."

Master Snow nods and says " I thought so.
Well all the tokens have been added up and you, that Zeal and some man called Jared have all won the Lord of the Hunt Competition.
You came first, Zeal came second and Jared came Third."

Lux quickly asks "is Jared alive?
I thought he had been Killed?"

Master Snow gravely shakes his head and says "Jared suffered a fate worse than death for a mage.
That death mage Vox Mortem used a horrifying magic which harms the soul.
It is called Soul Severing, it harms a mage in a way that makes it impossible to ever cast magic again.
He is now a civilian, he could later train to be a warrior but he will need to start at the beginning and work his way back to his previous strength."

Lux sadly nods and says "That is sad to hear. He must be insane with depression over losing the very thing that made up the core of his being.
I want to see him when he is better."