Chapter 31 - Who Are You

Master Snow laughs and says "Yes you better. Otherwise you will cause me to look like i can't train mages anymore.
Come with me, we need to get to the Arena."

Master Snow then leaves the room ad Lux quickly follows.

They walk down the corridors till they get to a tunnel made from red like stones.

Master Snow turns to Lux says "Here you go alone.
Your Number 100, wait to be called then enter the arena.
Try not to kill any of them.
You will face warriors and mages in this tournament.
Bye."

Master snow then leaves Lux alone at the entrance of the arena.

Lux enters, he walks to the end of the tunnel where he sees a large room which is full of other 10 year old apprentice mages.

Some of the other students see Lux and begin to whisper amongst themselves over who Lux is as most of them have never seen Lux before.

Lux walks to the left wall where he sits and begins to wait for the start of the tournament.

1 hour later a Teacher stands on a medium sized box and shouts "Listen up. Here is how the tournament will begin, you all will have to participate in one battle against the student who is one number above or below you.
An example is the number 2 student will have to fight the number 1 student and so on.
If you win you gain the ranking of the student you have just beaten.
After your first battle you can then challenge any student who is within 10 rankings of your own.
The first battle will be the student with the 100th ranking versus the student with the 99th ranking.

Will they please both come up here so we can begin."

Lux stands and walks over to the teacher standing on the box.

Another student wearing red robes made from Expensive materials walks over to the teacher as well.

The teacher looks at Lux and the other student and says "What are your names."

Lux says "My name is Lux Tenebra teacher."

The other student says "My name is Ryan Locke senior."

The teacher takes a small gray orb from his pocket and says "One at a time you will need to touch this Power orb which will determine your soul strength and magic type.
Ryan Locke you first."

Ryan Locke places his hand against the power orb which then begins to glow with a weak red light.

The teacher smiles and says "Good you are a level 3 Fire Apprentice mage.
Lux you are next."

Lux smiles and touches the power orb which begins to Glow with a intense gray light.

The teacher looks at the Power Orb and says "what is happening to the Power orb?
Lux what type of magic can you control?"

Lux laughs and says "i have an affinity with Fire, Nature, Water, Blood, Space and Dark magics teacher."

The teacher says "you may now enter."

Lux and Ryan Locke both enter the arena where they are teleported 100m from each other.

A loud voice shouts "BEGIN!"

Ryan sprints forward and throws a small fire ball at Lux.

Lux snickers and teleports behind Ryan and punches Ryan lightly against the back of his head.

Ryan instantly faints.

Lux stands and looks at Ryan and says "Well that was easy."

The loud voice stammers "The winner is Lux Tenebra!!"

A light around Lux and he appears next to the teacher.

The teacher shocked stutters
"W-what?"

The teacher then takes out a small light blue stone which flashes. The teacher then says "Please wait."

A old man quickly enters the room and walks to the confused teacher and says "Is this the new Student who won with one punch?"

The teacher nods.

The old man turns to Lux and says "Please may i examine your soul to check Son."

Lux nods.

The old man touches Lux and quickly lets go.

The old man laughs and says "You really are a Mage Lord.
You don't need to take part in this apprentice tournament.
What is your name?"

Lux turns and says "my name is Lux tenebra sir."

The old man thinks to himself quietly "i wonder if he is related to Him?"

The old man says to Lux "my name is headmaster Long.
As you are a mage lord i at such a young age i will gift you 100 Mage rank cultivation pills and 10,000 contribution points which you can use to buy restricted things from Power hall. You will receive these thing every 6 months.
Tomorrow you will take part in the school ranking tournament where you will fight other mage lords."

Lux laughs and says "very well. I will wait."

Lux then teleports back home.

When he arrives in his childhood home he sees that his mother isn't home.

Lux then decides to train his body as he waits till dark.

When the sun sets, Lux's mother returns with a basket of vegetables.

Lux says "Mother i have a suprise for you. I am going to teleport you. Hold on."

Lux then teleports with his mother to Golden dragon auction auction house.

Lux heals any dizziness his mother might have been feeling.
They quickly enter building where Gerald Hawken welcomes them.

Gerald says to Lux "Your clothing is ready Lux. Also that other thing is ready."

Lux says "Take my mother to the new clothes. Mum go try on some of the clothing. We will leave soon to my suprise."

Lux's mother is then quickly taken away by some servants.

Gerald says to Lux "Lets go have some tea as we wait."

30 minutes later.

Lux's mother returns in a purple dress.

She says to Lux "How are you paying for this Lux?"
Lux says "you don't need to worry about money ever again mum. I have made a lot of money being a mage.
Are you ready to leave."

Lux's mother nods."

They enter a carriage which quickly sets off.

Gerald takes Lux and his mother to Lux's new house.

Gerald says "the name of your new property is Starlight Manor.
Here we are."

when they arrive they see a old man standing outside.

They exit the carriage and walk over to the man who says to Lux "Here is the keys to the manor. Good bye."

The man leaves in his own carriage.

Gerald says to Lux "lets go inside."

They all enter and they see a courtyard with a large oak tree.
At the back of this courtyard is an twin staircase which goes onto the second floor.

Lux says "This house is larger than i thought i would be."

Gerald says "Your bedrooms have been prepared and dinner is ready.
I hope you like your purchase and if you need anything else then the Golden Dragon auction house able to suit your needs. Goodnight."