Chapter 36 - Genius Punishment Has Begun

Lux woke to a loud voice which shook the entire Cave.

The voice said "GENIUS'S PUNISHMENT WILL BEGIN IN 1 HOUR BECAUSE OF A LACK OF DEMONS IN LORD OF THE HUNT DIMENSION.
10 MILLION DEMONS HAVE NOW BEEN SPAWNED.
DEMONS STRENGTH HAS ALSO BEEN INCREASED TO LORD RANK LEVEL 6 FROM LORD RANK LEVEL 2.
DEMONS WILL NOW ATTACK ON SIGHT.
DIMENSION WILL NOW BECOME A DESOLATE PLAIN."

Lux quickly gets up from his bed and exits the cave.

Lux says to himself "Gods what have i done.
I need to get somewhere high before the demons come."

Lux then begins to climb the mountain which his cave is attached too.

Lux quickly reaches the top after a 20 minute climb.

Lux pulls himself up over the edge of the cliff and rolls over onto his back, heavily breathing from the steep climb.

Lux recovers his strength and eats a healing pill to heal his worn out body.

Lux stands and thinks about the coming demon horde whilst looking at the horizon.
Lux is then struck with an idea.
If he grew giant leaves and weaved it into a large sheet with 2 straps then he could attach them to his shoulders and use fire magic from his hands and feet to slowly decend.

Lux tests this out and creates a large sheet of leaves about 3m wide with 2 straps that can fit around his chest and shoulders.

It took about 35mins to adjust the 'parachute' to fit Lux snugly without hurting him.

When Lux has it already on his back, the loud voice returned and says "GENIUS PUNISHMENT WILL BEGIN IN 3... 2... 1..."

Suddenly the mountain vibrates and then suddenly disappears causing Lux to fall.

Lux's parachute quickly fills with air with a WHOOM.
Lux quickly shoots intense streams of fire magic to slow his decent.

Lux looks at the scenery of the Lord of the Hunt dimension, he wonders at the changes to the environment.
All Lux can see is a flat dry landscape filled with over a 100 thousand demons as far as the eyes can see.

Lux looks below himself as sees a group of 1000s of demons underneath him.
The demons ranged from Shadow owls, Night wraiths, bloodthorn scorpions, brown mud golums and various others.

Lux seeing this decides to drop a massive flood of water on top of them whilst shouting "Tsunami!!"

The water is that heavy that it kills the demons instantly and continues to travel in a ripple like wave over 20 feet tall.

Lux then blasts a large beam of Space Fire at the Tsunami which causes it to blast outward even further than before to the point every drop of water becomes a bullet, piercing through thousands of demon beasts each.

Lux was still in the air over seeing the devastation his magic had wrought.

Lux used his water magic to manipulate some of the water into massive snake constructs whoch begin to crush and bite demons out of range of the Tsunami.

As Lux was 10 feet from the ground he pushes the water around himself to make an colum of air to protect himself from the crushing force of his Tsunami.

Lux runs through his Tsunami killing any demons still alive in the water by stabbing them with his trickster dagger in the throat as he struggles to cut them.

The Tsunami begins to turn red from all the dead demons.

Lux then gathers the bone fragments of the crushed demons into a line and fires them out of the Water Snake constructs, turning them into turrets.

As Lux is killing the demons, all of their tokens are collecting in a pile at his feet.

Lux periodically is placing them in his vault bracelet when he begins to trip over them whilst moving.

Lux continues to kill the demon hordes for 12 hours, when the moon rises to it's peak, the demons begin to slowly fade.

When they disappear completely, the loud voices says "GENIUS PUNISHMENT HAS ENDED. TOMORROW AT NOON IT WILL BEGIN AGAIN TILL MIDNIGHT."

Lux sweats from all the killing, falls to the ground and rests to recover his strength.
He quickly recovers and looks about his surroundings.
Lux only sees the dry hard land, no demons, no humans and no trees.
Just dust flowing with the night breeze.

Lux digs a series of holes in the shape of a ring and plants seeds.
Lux uses his rain spell to wet the ground.
He then channels his nature magic into the ground and causes all the seeds to grow into a large wooden fort made from living trees.

Lux makes a net from razor sharp ivy to cover the fort to protect against flying demons.

Lux then proceeds to strength the trees which make up the fort till they are harder than Blackened Gold.
(stronger than titanium but gold-ish in colour.
Rare type of magic metal used for defensive armour.)

Lux then creates a solid wooden floor which is hardened to prevent any demons who can dig like Bright Moles. (Moles which are 2m tall and 2.5m wide. Though blind, can flash intense Light from their eyes.)

Lux then makes small balls from wood and turns them into FireBombs which he then hides in the ground at random up to a mile away from his fort.

Lux also leaves some scattered across the ground at random.

Lux returns to his fort and continues to make thousands and thousands of the FireBombs which he stores in his vault bracelet.

Lux then eats some energy pills and goes to sleep.

(Lord of the hunt viewing area.)

The same group of elders had been watching Lux kill over 2.5 million demons with looks of horror.

One elder turns to Headmaster Long and says with fearful eyes "You have raised a Monster, Headmaster Long.
Most children that age would be pale from killing not even 100th of that amount of demons, but your little monster kills them with a smile on his face as if he is eats sweets!"

Headmaster Long nods his head and says "It is true that most people his age wouldn't be able to handle that amount of killing, but remember that he is already a Lord rank mage at the age of 10.
He was taken for special training because of just how powerful he was when he awakened his magic.
My good friend Dagna Snow had to seal his soul because he nearly killed his fellow students because he lost control of it.
Dagna told me his beginning strength was King Rank.
Just let that sink."

As headmaster Long was describing Lux, all the other Elders were shocked into silence.

Some of them were nodding in understanding when Master Dagna Snow was mentioned, they finally understood why Lux was so powerful.
Master Snow has raised most of the most powerful mages and warriors over the passed 300 years.
It was public myth that he was a earthgod as stories of master Snow had been told since before the golden dragon empire was even created.

Headmaster Long nods at the elders and says " I think Lux will win the Lord of the Hunt because of his training with Master To The Gods, Master Dagna Snow.
We should cut the competition short.
Lets give them one more week then cancel the competition because the Genius Punishment will not end till the Lord of the Hunt ends.
Are we in agreement?"

All the elders say "Aye" without hesitation.

Headmaster Long says "The they will have 1 more week to gather tokens.
I will make the announcement before the Genius Punishment starts tomorrow."

(in Lux's dream)

Lux is battling the demons with all his might. He was creating new Water Snakes every second because they were being destroyed by large Stone giants which had risen up from the ground.

Lux continues to kill for hours till he was nearly fainting from exhaustion, but everytime he reached his limit he continued to fight till he suddenly felt a surge of strength flood his body and the killing would increase.
The Tsunami water had turned entirely into blood.

Lux dreamt this scene all night, as he slept with a smile on his face.