Chapter 4

Bill's POV

I ended up falling asleep on the bed, thinking about how to win Arrow back. When I awoke, the sun was faintly flittering through the window. I had no idea what time it was. I sat up slowly, rubbing my face and glanced around the empty room. Oh, right, I was still here in California.... I slid out of bed and brushed out my tux hastily. I could tell I had just passed out and slept till tomorrow. I felt refreshed and filled with power, but I could already tell that using my power here would be harder than when I used it in Gravity Falls.

I cracked open the door. I got a straight view to the living room. There was Pine Tree, Shooting Star....and Arrow. For a moment I just stood there staring at her and how absolutely gorgeous she was. She was talking with the Pines twins. Was this even worth it? Going to a whole different dimension and timeline to try to win a human girl's heart back? I spent a year searching for her and she didn't even remember me...

I didn't realize how long I was just standing in the half open doorway, just staring. I shook my head and stepped out completely.

They all jumped, but Arrow practically levitated off of the couch. Her eyes were wide and her mouth parted open. For a moment I thought she remembered me, till she turned to Pine Tree and said, "why is he in your house?!"

Shooting Star stood up quickly to defend me. "No, no, no! Ella, I'm letting him stay cause I think he just needed a little help. Like food and some sleep." Shooting Star awkwardly turned to me. "Uh...how do you feel?"

I averted my gaze from Arrow momentarily. "Fine."

Pine Tree seemed paralyzed and couldn't seem to take his eyes off of me, his face white.

Arrow took his hand. "Dipper, are you ok?"

Pine Tree shook his head. "I only half agreed to Mabel's plan, ok?"

Arrow hesitated before nodding quickly.

Shooting Star beckoned for me to come forward. "Um, Bill wants to reintroduce himself to you, Ella."

Arrow shot her gaze to me, swallowing quickly. "I don't know... Our first encounter didn't go that well."

I pushed past Shooting Star and to Arrow and she recoiled away from me. "Eleanor," I said quietly, "I do want to apologize for the way I acted. I-I wasn't...thinking right." I lied, and the lie hurt my heart.

Arrow looked from side to side quickly. "It's...it's fine."

I shook my head. "No, you just didn't know what was going on. I'm pretty sure I scared you.. right?"

She nodded.

I stood up, away from her so we weren't so close. I just wanted to kiss her so bad, but I knew I couldn't. "I'm sorry."

"I accept you apology..." Arrow silently took Pine Tree's hand and I flinched at that.

She wasn't giving up.

I clasped my hand together so I didn't just heft her up and walk away with her. I wasn't used to having to not touch her and hang out with her. It was so strange having to be distant... I ended up having to sit next to Pine Tree and Shooting Star sat on the coffee table.

"So, we all good? I think he was just not really stable yesterday, haha." Shooting Star tried to joke, but the awkwardness  thickened the atmosphere. She cleared her throat. "Well...?"

Arrow nodded. "We're good."

Out of anger at the thought that she was lying, I looking into her thoughts. It was harder to read minds in California than it was in Gravity Falls.

Her thoughts traveled to mine so I could hear them. "There's something wrong with this guy, he keeps staring at me like he's known me all my life. He has to be insane."

I felt offended of her thoughts. "I'm glad we are on good terms."

Pine Tree tried to scoot away from me, but there wasn't enough room on the couch so he remained as he was: digging into my side.

I stood up quickly and Pine Tree slumped against the couch. "I feel that someone is lying." I declared.

Everyone turned their eyes upon me, surprised.

"I feel that someone isn't comfortable with me. Like I make someone feel uncomfortable." I glanced around expectantly and my gaze landed on Arrow. She tensed up and opened her mouth to speak when Pine Tree suddenly leapt to his feet.

"It's me!" He exclaimed quickly.

Shooting Star and Arrow both spoke in unison. "What?"

Pine Tree swallowed nervously, his eyes darting around. "I-uh...Bill intimidates me and...and..." He finally forced himself to meet my gaze and held his breath.

I smirked at him, hiding the laugh and also the slight confusion on my face. "Oh? Really?"

He nodded. "Y-yeah."

I chuckled. "Well, I'm glad to know I make you uncomfortable, Pines."

Pine Tree turned his face away, probably to hide the resulting expression, and sat down next to Arrow again. I could faintly here Shooting Star muffling her laugh behind me. Arrow patted Pine Tree's back. "You're glad?" She asked.

"Of course I'm 'glad', my specialty is making people uncomfortable or embarrassed - a girl told me that once..." I trailed off on that last part, thinking of Arrow saying that to me when she was yanking the shirt off of me, because I had gotten stuck in it.

Arrow frowned and looked to Pine Tree, ever so slightly amused. "You have nothing to be afraid of, Dip - I mean seriously - he seems more of a ladies man." Her tone was joking but held some flatness.

I tilted my head. "Well, actually, on the contrary-"

"Save it." Arrow said quickly as Pine Tree hid his face.

I laughed and sighed. "I'm going to go back to my room for...for a nap..."

"But you just woke up?" Shooting Star said surprised.

I shook my head. "I'm still tried." I lied and walked away. I hated seeing Arrow give me that blank stare, I'd need to ease myself in because I wasn't ready for a dive.