Chapter 27

I decided to update twice since I won't be able to later...?? Idk XD

Bill's POV

After Shooting Star had just turned around and left us alone, I began to think of things to do.

"So," I said, hopping onto the couch in the living room, "whatcha wanna do, Pine Tree?

"I really want to just go in my room and hide there forever, but I have a feeling that you're not gonna let that happen." He crossed his arms, obviously angry and disappointed.

I nodded. "And you're correct."

"Can't you just fake break up with me?" He begged out of desperation.

I laughed and waved at him. "No, no, no. I could keep this up for a while. This is fun, seeing you and them all like this."

Pine Tree grimaced at me and leaned against the front door. "Don't you have a better and more elaborate plan?"

"This is that plan."

Pine Tree dragged his hands across his face, groaning. "This I torturous!"

"Oh please, there's far worse than having a fake boyfriend." I scoffed, reclining on their couch and propping my feet up on the ottoman.

Pine Tree cringed when I said it aloud. "But I have a life and a reputation, Bill!"

"I don't care if those are incinerated. I'm just going to get what I want." I twirled my cane around and fixed my hat on my head.

"What if I just told them the truth?" Pine Tree asked, testing me.

"I think you'd know what'd happen," and I made a blue flame burst in my hand briefly, enough to make Pine Tree jump.

He lowered his gaze, worrying at his lip. "What would you do...if you got her?"

I looked up, now interested. "What do you mean?"

"What would you do if you got Eleanor?" His tone hardened.

"I would remind her of everything we had done before and start our life as it had been before. Perfect, just us, me ruling, everyone as my subject." I smiled dreamily as I talked about my world domination plans. "Well...the apocalypse may not be so inevitable. Depends on what's she's fine with."

Pine Tree stared at me horrified. I didn't really explain to him about the past or that alternate timeline so this was his first time hearing it. "You want to bring about the apocalypse...?"

"If I have the power, then why not? But I'm here for Arrow." I clenched my hand into fist and leaned farther back into the couch. "All in time..."

Pine Tree swallowed nervously. "What was going on in that other time line?"

I examined my hands absentmindedly. "Oh, very traumatic and catastrophic events."

"Like...the apocalypse?"

I nodded. "Precisely. And, ha, you were there."

Pine Tree stiffened up. "I-I was?"

"Mhm, you were...until..." I swallowed.

"Until what?" Pine Tree grabbed at his shirt.

I sighed. "Well, in all honesty, I murdered you on that time line, Pine Tree."

Pine Tree gasped, the blood draining from his face. "Y-you can't be serious."

"Oh, I'm dead serious." I smirked. "I blasted you right through your center with a laser." I mimicked a gun with my hand.

Pine Tree stumbled by the door, holding himself up. "Oh-oh my God..."

I took a moment to myself and made that hat, that Pine Tree had, appear into my hand. It was still worn out and the half of it was covered in his blood. "You see this hat?" I showed him.

He nodded, reluctant to look at it.

"This is the hat you died in. Eleanor was jumping time lines and I guess she decided to visit you then on this timeline and she gave it to you before she vanished out of existence."  I let it float and twirled it around.

"I-I-I died in that hat?" He sounded sick to his stomach.

I already guessed that half the stuff I said - the topics including time travel and timelines - didn't make much sense to him. Because, yes, a stupid hat was a lot more interesting than that. "Yeeup. You tried to stand up to me... Look where that got you."

I threw the hat at him so he impulsively caught it before contracting and dropping it. "You...you killed me..."

I nodded. "That's kind of what I said, kid."

He looked up at me slowly, bewilderment splayed across his face. I saw him mouth 'oh my god' before sinking to his knees, gently touching the hat. "Eleanor doesn't deserve you..." He whispered.

"What was that?" I growled, rising to my feet.

"I-I didn't say-"

"Yes you did." I spat. "Now repeat it or I'll make you."

"I...I said 'Eleanor doesn't deserve you...'" Pine Tree didn't dare look up at me, he continued to stare at the floor.

I used my magic to lift him off the ground so he'd face me. I could see him shaking through the aura. "When will you get it that every thing you say - like that - is counted against you and only makes your torture more unbearable?"

Pine Tree's chest was rising and falling rapidly. "I-I don't-"

"Maybe I should just kill you? Again." I traced my finger down his jaw and he flinched away.

"N-no. Please." He begged, almost like he didn't have the voice to speak.

I nodded. "That's what I thought, meat sack." I dropped him back down. "You are very lucky that I see a small sense in some mercy. But don't think I'll always use it."

Pine Tree buried his head in his hands.

He'd soon bend to my will a lot more willingly. It just took a while to mold new subjects. I had done it before. Like Ford... I shook my head, batting those thoughts away.

I turned around and saw his shoulders shaking. I assumed that he was crying.

Seems like old Bill's back, am I right?