Chapter 40

Bill's POV

I guess Shooting Star wasn't too bad. I mean, she related to me more than Pine Tree did. She had a sharp tongue but was still silly sometimes. She sure had changed from when she twelve up in Gravity Falls.

Watching the movie didn't go horribly, but it did bring back awful déjà vu. Oh well, I fought through.

"Yah know," Shooting Star said with her head sunk deep into the couch pillows with an empty bowl of popcorn on her stomach, "you aren't so bad, Bill."

I felt unnerved at her basically repeating my thoughts. She's physic. She has to be. "You're not too bad yourself."

Every time I spoke to her, Pine Tree side glanced at me suspiciously. Like he didn't trust me with his sister. I guess he was just being cautious. That was understandable. But I needed her on my good side for this lie to play out without a hitch. She was just one obstacle.

"Well, I'm glad you guys are friends." Pine Tree murmured.

I think he thinks I'm going to do something bad to her. I'll need to reassure him on that later. "Aw, you jealous, Pine Tree? I need to make acquaintances with your family. How else will I fit in over time?"

He shrugged and looked down at his hands. "Pft, I'm not jealous."

I pouted. "Yeah right. It's written all over your face."

"How about we just finish off this movie. Our parents will be home soon anyways and then we'll have dinner." He stared me directly in the eye, as if he was saying no funny business tonight.

I smirked. I couldn't be for sure on that. "Hey, Mabel! Wanna hang out with me and Dipper after dinner tonight?!"

Pine Tree choked on his own spit and Shooting Star's eyes widened in surprise.

"Are you serious?" She asked shocked.

"Mhm," I nodded and while Pine Tree singled NO! to me. "It'll be fun. We can play whatever girly games you usually play."

Pine Tree groaned and let himself drop back into the couch.

"I don't know... Dipper doesn't seem to happy about that..." Shooting Star's gaze turned worried as she looked at her brother.

"Aw, please, Pine Tree." I swung myself over him so I was sitting in his lap and frowned pathetically.

He stiffened up and blinked a couple times. "Do you want to, Mabel?" He asked and looked over at her.

A small smile grew on her face. "Well, yeah, it'd be nice to spend some time with my bro again."

He closed his eyes, like he was in pain. "Fine..."

I grinned. "This'll be fun!"

After I said that, the door to the house opened up.

I looked over my shoulder, since I was still sitting in Pine Tree's lap, and saw his parents step in with bags of groceries.

Their mom's gaze immediately fell on me and Dipper and she looked away abruptly.

"Wow, perfect timing, Bill." Pine Tree grumbled unhappily.

Keith then walked in and his expression was very displeased. "We're back." He called.