Chapter 20

Bill's POV

We made it back to the house and we laid him down on his bed, waiting. I hated seeing Shooting Star having to freak out when I could quite literally snap my fingers and he'd wake up alright.

I sat at the edge of his bed, feeling slightly guilty.

"Why isn't he waking up?" Shooting Star cried.

"Maybe you should go get him some water and other stuff, I'll stay and watch him." I told her, annoyed by her pacing.

Shooting Star hesitated before nodding and leaving the room.

I turned to Pine Tree and swallowed, worried about what he would remember. I'd rather make them think I was human than a murderous demon. I snapped my fingers and Pine Tree shot up, gasping. His forehead slammed into mine.

I flinched, scrunching my eyes together. "Ow." I said mockingly.

Pine Tree rubbed his forehead and looked at his hand and then to me. "W-what happened? Why are we back in my room?"

"You, uh, fell off a tree at the park and got knocked unconscious." I lied.

Pine Tree looked himself over and then me. "Why are you here? Where's Mabel?"

"She's getting you some stuff." I sighed. "You ok?" I asked carefully.

He nodded and rubbed his forehead. "Yeah, I think so..."

"Do you...remember anything?" I continued to question him.

"No... I only remember walking to the park and then...nothing."

Oh, I thought, so he doesn't remember saying he hated me or making the deal to fake a friendship for Shooting Star... Perfect. I shrugged. "Oh, well then I better tell you..."

He tipped his head to the side. "Tell me what?"

"You made a little deal with me to fake a friendship with me so you could make Mabel happy." I explained.

"I did?" He asked.

"Yeah, after that we ran off to play around and that's when you fell off the tree."

"Are you just lying to me because I can't remember?"

"No!" I exclaimed. Hopefully he wouldn't recall the incident with Arrow.

"Ok..." He seemed slightly doubtful. "But why are we faking a friendship?"

"Mabel wants us to all get along and be happy so we are doing this for her - 'cause you wanted to." I played with my fingers, avoiding his gaze.

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely."

Pine Tree sighed, his gaze not as clouded and had returned with the familiar agitation. "Fine. Ok."

I smiled. He didn't remember playing tag and how fun that was - that was the down side - but at least he didn't remember the rest.

The door to the room opened up and Shooting Star walked in with a glass of water and an orange. "Is he- Dipper!" She exclaimed and jogged up, making sure to not spill the water.

"Hey," he said and grabbed the glass.

"How yah feeling?" She asked.

"Good. Bill told me I fell out of a tree and knocked myself out." He chuckled. "I don't remember anything."

Shooting Star glanced at me, clearly remembering the tag-incident. She saw the friendship and she still remembered it. "You...don't?"

He shook his head and set the glass down. "Nope."