Chapter 32

Bill's POV

Pine Tree wasn't really happy with my forcibly making him go back to the frigid waters, I didn't care. I just wanted to have fun while I was in a good and happy mood.

As soon as we reached the water I decided to dive in head first like he had suggested earlier. The water closed around me, extremely cold, but I ignored it as I was immersed in the salty water. I opened my eye and felt the water sting it, but I couldn't feel the pain of it as I looking in the murky water.

I decided to resurface and I shot up, gasping for breath, and paddled my feet in the water as I looked up at the shore to see Pine Tree sitting at the shore the shore line. I swam up till I could feel the sand and walked up to him, running a hand through my wet, golden hair. "Why aren't you coming in?"

"It's too cold, uh, duh." He said it like it was obvious.

I stood up over him, casting my shadow across and, and glowered. "Come on." I snatched his hand and jerked him upwards so he was on his feet.

He muttered some words to himself as I led him down to the water's edge. "It's fun! Now have fun." I ordered him. When he didn't move, I decided to say, "or I could go back to torturing you..."

Pine Tree raised his head and groaned. That got him to listen. He marched forward into the water, tensing up at each step deeper in.

I plundered ahead and took his hands, bringing him forward. "Don't be so sour, Pine Tree." I commanded him. "Don't you want to have fun while you can?"

He took a deep breath and forced a smile on his face. "Yeah, I guess you're right. While I have it..." He glanced up, a playful light in his eyes that made me smirk. Pine Tree took his advantage and shoved me forward so I fell backwards into the water as he raced to the right.

"Hey!" I exclaimed and laughed, standing up, and chased after him. Running through water was a lot harder than I expected. The water seemed to hold your feet down to the ground, like it was an extra set of gravity on your body. I began to catch up and when there was only a foot between us, I leapt forward, tackling him in the water.

He let out a gasp before he plunged forward as I pinned him down. He lifted his head up and shot me a hard stare. "Kay, you got me." He growled, but I saw a small smile playing with his lips. It seemed like he wanted to stay mad at me. Well, I couldn't blame him since I was basically planning on ruining his entire life.

I turned him over so he was on his back and I suddenly had a flash back of last night that made me want to stand up. "Having fun?"

Pine Tree sighed. "If you let me up." Pine Tree raised his arms and pushed me off of him and, surprisingly, I obeyed. He was shivering all over, his teeth chattering.

"Aw, Pine Tree, you're all wet." I told him in a mocking tone.

Pine Tree scoffed and shot me a look that said really? and said, "you noticed?"

"Come on, let's play again. That was... Fun." I was starting to get angry at myself that I was enjoying this joyful time with Pine Tree. I wasn't supposed to be having fun with him! I was supposed to be making him miserable! I crossed my arms. Oh well, I told myself, this is an off day.

"You know," he said as he stood up and ran a hand through his hair, "you're not so bad when you act normal. And when you're not trying to kill me."

I pouted and looked down at the water that was swirling down by my feet. "So? What do you mean...?"

Pine Tree told me his reason, "That you aren't a horrible guy. Just your intentions are bad."