Chapter 35

Bill's POV

The both of us dropped out of the air and onto the concrete, my teleportation spell complete.

I went to get up and suddenly my legs gave out and I fell straight on my face.

Pine Tree gasped. "What the- are you ok?"

I felt sleep swarming over me and terror came with it. NO! You can't fall asleep idiot! USLESS FLESH BAG! I shakily tried to use my hands to push myself up. "I-I-I...." My words came out slurred and tired. "I...I need..."

Pine Tree knelt down beside me. "What happened?"

I didn't want to tell him, but I had to. "O-over power....power usage..."

Pine Tree raised an eyebrow. "That's a thing?"

"P-pick me up... I can't...can't walk." I wanted to get up and stroll into his house, but I hadn't thought my plan all the way through.

"Are you going to pass out?" He asked confused.

"I-I will if I d-don't go to..." I yawned, "to sleep..."

Pine Tree, being smaller than me, struggled to lift me and hold me in his arms. He grunted as he held me bridal style with my head tipped back, almost passed out.

How pathetic, Bill... Having a twelve year old carry you to safety.

He lumbered up to the door, sweating. "God damn, you're heavy!" He shakily reached a hand out and turned the handle, swinging the door open. His feet heavily thumped on the floor as he desperately made his way to his room and finally dumped me on his bed.

I let out a groan, curling up. "So...tired..." I murmured.

Pine Tree stretched. "I didn't know you could over use your power."

I growled. "O-only sometimes." I exhaled.

"Well, you can sleep while I have some freedom." He said triumphantly.

"N-no... You...you stay here." I breathed sleepily.

"Bill, I'm not-"

"Hey, Dipper?"

I sleepily looked behind Pine Tree to see Shooting Star standing in the door way. I narrowed my eye, remembering Pine Tree talking about how Shooting Star sent Arrow to the beach to look for us.

"Mabel..." Pine Tree turned around and his gaze hardened. "Did you tell Eleanor to go to the beach to find is?"

Shooting Star looked down shamefully. "I did...so she could tell me if you were ok and-"

"And she found us...making out?" I smirked, but it was a drowsy smirk.

Shooting Star tucked her hair behind her ear. "I guess you could say that..."

Pine Tree swallowed, preparing to cook up another lie for his sake. "Well you shouldn't have sent her." He managed to get out.

Shooting Star sighed. "I didn't know she'd find you guys kissing, sorry!"

Pine Tree blushed and looked away. "Well, you should trust us." I could see the annoyance and pain on his face with each word he said. At least he was making an effort.

"N-not my fault...he's cute." I said, putting in my sleepy input.

Pine Tree shot me a glare.

"Well, I'm sorry." There was a hurt expression on her face now. "I'm sorry..."

"Now..." I breathed and sat up, my whole body protesting, begging for sleep. "I need to sleep. Pine Tree...
Come here."

He cursed under his breath and walked up. "What?"