Chapter 43

Bill's POV

I have had emotional trauma before that I didn't really expect for Pine Tree get to me. I thought that I would have hardened after all these years - immune to it. Well, I was wrong.

"Bill?" Pine Tree asked when he pulled away from the hug. "Why are you all wet?"

I dropped my gaze to the side. "I dumped a bucket of water over my head."

Pine Tree let a small and confused smile grow on his face. "Pft, why?"

"I don't know..." I face palmed.

"Is that why your...um..." He gestured to me shirtless with my pants loosely hanging from my body.

I looked down at myself. "Oh, yeah, I was changing."

Pine Tree tried to smile while looking up at me, but I could see the force in it. He was doing it for my sake. He was quiet for a moment before he suddenly tensed up, his face flushing red.

I narrowed my eye, wondering what he had just thought of, but I didn't bother prying. I snapped my fingers, letting a new white undershirt appear with new pants. I awkwardly slipped my pants off and put the dry ones on and shrugged the undershirt and began buttoning up.

"I promised that I'd explain to Shooting Star what happened. But I can't tell her what really happened." I informed Pine Tree.

He tapped his chin. "Well... Let's say you kissed me in front of my parents, that embarrassed me, I got mad and we had a fight. We can just leave out the other...details." He cleared throat. "Anyways... We still have to hang out with Mabel. We promised."

"You really care for her." I commented, feeling my wet hair.

He nodded. "She's my sister, my twin, why wouldn't I?"

"I never had a sibling..." I said thoughtfully.

"You could always make one." He shrugged and chuckled.

"Let's pretend your my sibling." I said and smiled.

He got a sickening look on his face. "No, that's disgusting."

"Why?" I cocked my head to the side.

"Because you are pretending to date me, Bill." He said bluntly.

I waited for him to continue. "And...?"

"And that's it." He finished. "You don't have relationships with your sibling." He shivered at that.

"Oh." I said dumbfounded. I didn't know that. I twirled my hand and made a bow tie appear so I could tie it around my neck, enjoying its familiar comfort. "Let's go before Shooting Star gets suspicious."

He nodded and walked out of the room.

I, for some reason,
noticed how his parents weren't in their room. I grew nervous, wondering where they were. They had to be somewhere in the house.

Shooting Star was sitting on the couch, anxiously tapping her foot and she looked up, eyes wide and stood up. "Guys what happened? Mom and Dad just stormed out of the house like they were on a murder mission."

"It's a long story." I sighed and sat down with Pine Tree. "Do you wanna...explain?" I asked him carefully.

Awkwardness settled over Pine Tree, but he nodded anyways. "Well... Mom and Dad were being rude about us being together and saying bad things so..." He cleared his throat. "Bill got pissed and kissed me and then they were horrified and I was humiliated so I got angry at Bill for doing that..." He trailed off, obviously not comfortable about talking about this.