Chapter 50

The fiftieth chappie wooooooooooo

Bill's POV

Once everyone was all set, we loaded up into the car and began our drive down to the restaurant. His parents were both dressed up nice: his dad wearing a black suit and purple tie that matched Vanessa's dress. Neither of them acknowledged Pine Tree, or me, for that matter. We both sat in the very back while Ford and Shooting Star sat in the middle row of the car. Yet, I still managed to feel claustrophobic in this car. It was still too small for my liking.

"You excited, Pine Tree?" I asked once we were five minutes into the drive.

He looked at me, confused. "Why...?"

"Because!" I said a lot louder than he was comfortable with, "This'll be like our first date!"

Pine Tree punched my side. "Shut up."

"What? Feeling insecure?" I said a little more quietly.

"No. Just be quiet."

I could practically feel Ford's confused look searing into me. "Ok, ok. What ever you say, Baby."

Pine Tree scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Bill," he whispered and then leaned very close.

Instinctively, I tensed up, watching him carefully. "Yeah...?"

He leaned up to me and I felt the need to draw away but all he did was whisper into my ear, "I need you to behave today or my parents will kill both of us."

Not quite what I was expecting, but I guess I should have expected it. "Oh, ok." I whispered back in a mimicking tone.

He drew away, humored and leaned back against the seat.

Shooting Star turned around, she was wearing a big pink fluffy dress that screamed her personality. "First date?"

I chuckled. "That's what I said, right?"

She looked even more confused. "But you guys are a couple and have been smooching all over each other?! How could you two have never been on a date?!"

I saw Keith's gaze flick to me in the mirror.

"When did you start caring, Mabel?" Pine Tree asked.

"Because I'm trying to accept it." She breathed out, annoyed.

I smiled at her. "Thanks for the effort."

She nodded and right now, Shooting Star seemed a lot more like herself: happy, peppy, girly, constantly match-making. That was good to see since that was the girl I recognized. Also, this Shooting Star made Pine Tree happy and that was good enough for me.

We pulled up to the restaurant called The Keg. (Good God, that place is so good ahhhhh). All of us filed out of the car, looking like we were going to a wedding, but it was utterly normal for me. The only wedding I went to was my own...with-

"This place is so good." Pine Tree said, breaking into my thoughts. "Trust me. You said you aren't used to eating human food, well you better get used to it real quick, because you aren't going to want to stop."

"Kid, that is the cause of obesity." I informed him.

Pine Tree managed a laugh and rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean."

Everyone went inside and let our waitress lead us to our table since there were too many of us to sit in a booth. Keith, Vanessa and Shooting Star all sat on one side of the table while Ford, Pine Tree and I sat on the other side. A perfect set up since I was sitting in the middle between the two Pines boys. We all got situated then the waitress ordered us drinks and I got an ice tea, because that was what Pine Tree got. Keith and Vanessa got wine, so did Ford, and I looked at it with wide eyes. It looked good.