The next morning I wake up with swollen eyes from last night. Opening the curtains of my cabin windows a cold breeze flows through the small gap. I grab my black hoodie and jeans along with a red checkered scarf. I sigh looking at myself in the mirror, I look absolutely horrible. Slowly, I twist the door knob and make an exit to continue and stroll around. This week, the week we're away, I want to just think to myself. Rustling my doc martens through the newly fallen crisp leaves I land myself near a lake. It looked so beautiful glistening in the moonlight, ever so still and silent. It was as if someone created an art piece right in front of my eyes and only I can seem to view it in this light. I bow my head making my way to the stone rocks covered in green lichens on the side. I remove my boots and begin to dip the tips of my toes to feel a cooling sensation. I sigh. Taking out my phone attached with earphones I begin to listen to some soothing music. When was the last time I turn around to face the world so calm ? I was scared that this feeling would become foreign but no. I continue to splash my feet in the water a few more times until I heard a voice call out my name. Quickly like a reflex I turn around and find Jungkook with a bruised mouth but still smiling dearly with those eyes. He was wearing a thick coat with his hands firmly tucked in.
"Can I join?" He asks with a different tone of voice to him. Something.. something changed about him. But what I dont know, all I know is he's forcing a smile.
"Sure" I smile moving over to create space on the surface of the stone rocks. Silently he moves beside me staring out to the view of the lake. Just like me he removes his shoes and began to dip his feet in the cooling water. Still silent. It seems he's reflecting upon something. I glance over to him as the sun slowly rising hits his face as an outline almost. Even the small traces of him which I never fully examines was covered with the soft glow of the yellow sun. He doesnt talk.
"Jungkook, are you alright?" Staring at his eyes which seemed fixiated on something else. Finally he brings his head up to stare at me and give a weak smile.
"You dont have to worry about me" it pains to see him act as if nothings wrong. Especially him whose always been their for me but then again when was the time I spent with him that it was only focused on him and not me? If you come to think about it, I only know basic information about him. I dont actually know who he is or what he's like.
"Whatever it is it'll be alright" I pat his shoulder. He glances at me with the sweetest eyes and he gives a thanks.
"Do you know the feeling as if theirs a point of no return? The one you met before in your childhood,you meet once again and you cant do anything but fall for them. No one else. But whatever you do for them to try and remember you, they cant. It seems just like another act of kindness but its an act of desperation. The need for her to return but she surpressed any memories we had in the lost fragments of her mind.." he said those heavy words which I somehow seem to relate.
"Im sorry" the only words that came out of my mouth to comfort him.