Chapter four: MINING my own business

I was on my way to the cave. I'm not sure if it was Brandon's comment or my need for ores that sent me running. I finally found a cave. I lit a torch as I descended downwards. I look around and hear the faint trickle of water. I place a torch down and survey the area. Shiny stuff filled the walls.

Mine that stuff. That stuff's called ores. You're going to need a lot of it.

Great. The voice is back. I quickly grip my pic and mine through the ore.

You have copper. You're going to need some silver, Iron, and possibly gold before you surface again.

Would you shut up?

Nope, Sorry girlie, but you're stuck with me!

I grunt as I continue down wards, hoping to find more precious metal. It was when I mined another vain of copper when I heard the clatter of bones behind me. I look over my shoulder to see a pile of bones.

It's a skeleton-

NAW!

I grab my sword and strike it down. It didn't kill in one blow like I had hoped. Nope. The skeleton hit me. It hurt like heck. I cry out in pain. That one hit filled me with the determination the kill it. After the money and bones were dropped, I collapsed to the ground and buried my face in my knees. I started sobbing heavily. After I had regained my strength, I continued deeper. I ran into countless skeletons. I finally found Iron when I heard the screech of bats. I pulled back my bow and shot, with the bat getting hits on me. I don't know how much time had passed since I first descended. I had roamed through countless caves with fatigue tugging at me. I have heard the growls and screeches of monsters. I need to find the rest of the minerals. it was one cave I roamed that I found a chest. I cautiously opened it. In it was a few torches, a bottle of this red liquid, and a pair of what looked like claws. I shoved each item in my bag. That was a pleasant surprise.

Ugh! You STILL haven't found silver yet?

This was the first time I heard the voice since my first skeleton.

Well I'm sorry that I don't know what silver looks like.

Oh my goodness! ITS SILVER! THE NAME IS THE COLOR!

I look around for a mineral that looks silver. I mine it. Heh. Its iron.

That's not silver-

But it looked like silver,

Ughg.....Keep looking.

I continue. I see a shiny material that i have not seen yet.

That, Is silver.

I stroll over to it before I hear a hissing noise. An explosion sends my ears ringing and me falling down a couple feet. Darn it! I stepped on a trap! I grimace in pain as I lift myself up. My eyes instantly scan the area for monsters. No monsters, but a faint pink shadow loomed on the cave walls. I cautiously approached. I look to see a glowing pink heart. EH? I'll have to take it back to Brandon. I quickly snag it and placed it in my bag. I backtracked to where I fell. I search my bag for something. I smile as my hand grazes a rope. I sing it over a stalagmite on the level as the silver. I pull myself out of the hole. I heave on the ground as I finally collapsed next to the silver. After the break, I mine the silver. Yes! I have Copper, Silver, Iron, and gold. Not to mention lots of money! I then make the ultimate journey to back track through the whole cave system. I weep for joy once I see sunlight. I pull myself out of the cave and stare at the land. Without hesitation, I pressed my lips against the dirt. I missed the over world. I finally make my way back home. I finally see Brandon and I's shelter standing against the mountain. Without warning, i take of home.