Chapter 119: oh... a twist...

Brandon's Point of View

"Brandon. It would be best if you carried Feather to bed." Molly said, walking over to me.

I looked at her, Hoping to be met with a smirk, or something to tease me about my love for Feather, but Molly gave me a warm smile as I picked up Feather.

I raised an eyebrow in suspicion as I walked past both Darius and Molly, who were both smiling.

Hmm

I threw Feather's bag on the ground as I carried her into our room.

Very gently, I set her on her bed, careful not to agitate her burns too much.

As I shifted her around, she groaned in discomfort.

"S-sorry, Feather..." I murmured in apology. Her eyes were heavy as I put her blanket over her.

"You know, You gave me quite a scare..." I said softly.

"You always say that.." She chuckled and the sleepy smile she gives me next sends my heart racing.

"Yeah..." My face fell "You could of died!"

"Don't worry.... I'm still here..." She grabbed my hand. A light blush crossed across my face as her smile became brighter.

I missed her.... I really did.......

I couldn't help but form a smile on my lips. I do love being around her....

She makes me feel happy.... Even if she's just smiling. Feather.... Well... She's.... The light of my life.... I admire everything about her... And... Well... I seem to accidentally fall deeper in love with her every---

Very suddenly, Sebastian's words knocked me upside my head. I seemed to swing back to reality, but..... oh my stars, her smile made me feel like anything could happen.

....like I could do anything..... Like we could be something.

I love the way she makes me feel. The way my heart sways to the sound of her voice.

Stop it.

Quite lying to yourself.

You'll mean nothing to her

But I continued staring at her, grinning like a fool.

YOU LOVESICK IDIOT

Feather let go of my hand.

YOU ARE HER GUIDE, STOP ACTING LIKE YOU'RE EVER GOING TO HAVE A CHANCE!

YOU MEAN NOTHING TO HER

SHE WILL NEVER LOVE YOU

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS BE THERE FOR HER.

YOU WERE NOT MEANT TO BE WITH HER

YOU WERE TO MEAN NOTHING TO HER!

SHE WILL KILL YOU!

SHE IS GOING TO KILL YOU!

YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A MEANINGLESS DISTRACTION

SHE HATES YOU

SHE HATES THAT YOUR NOT LETTING HER BE THE HERO SHE'S SUPPOSED TO BE

I just continued smiling as my mind raged like a storming sea. I just continued smiling as I shattered my heart again and again.

This is what I deserve, isn't it?

I wanted to scream. I wanted to love her. I wanted to bash my head against the wall. I wanted to rip my heart in half to spare Feather from doing it herself.

.....

As I turned to walk over to my bed, I felt a hand on my arm.

"....... Wait....." She whispered. I slowly turned around and met her gaze.

"Yeah?" I replied, titling my head to the side. I want to break down right here. Very little was holding me back from crying, yet everything was holding me to stay by her and be strong.

Her eyes drilled into me for a while. I watched as her expression shifted.

"N-Nevermind..." She said finally, darting her eyes down.

I paused for a minute.

I wanted to ask her what was wrong.... I knew something was wrong. But she's exhausted.... And I don't think she feels like talking much right now. But... I don't feel like talking either.

"Okay...." I say hesitantly as her arm slowly draws back. I turned back around and never looked back at her

Quickly, I lied down in my bed.

I felt her eyes on the back of my head.

She hates you...

She doesn't trust you...

You're a useless guide

You were never meant to love or be loved

Sebastian's point of view (ohoho, how ironic)

"Come in." I say right after I hear the soft knock at my door.

Molly pops her head into the room.

"Hey Sebastian! I was just wondering if you could make some new clothes for Feather.... She had a little incident with fire and her current clothes.. Well... It's not that good" She said.

"Wait... Feather's back? What happened?" I ask, Setting down a piece of emerald-colored fabric.

Molly tilted her head side to side.

"I don't really know... Brandon carried her in two hours ago and she was covered in severe burns." Molly replied.

Burns....

Burns..

Burns.

"A-alright... The clothes should be done by dawn.."

"Thanks Sebastian!" Molly closed the door.

I looked down at my hands.

Brandon's taking this too far.

He's supposed to burn by himself....

I need to put an end to this guide's nonsense.