Chapter seventy-seven: Trippin'

Brandon POV

I drummed my fingers on my desk. She'll be back........ Just..... Give it time. Stop worrying...... She can take care of herself.... She's smart....

I heard a thud behind me.

"Feather??" I ask, quickly turning around, only to see Ki, standing there. My smile falters.

"Oh......Nevermind..." I say, turning around. I rested my head on my hands.

"Great to see you too. Oh. And Feather's dead..." Ki said, nonchalantly. In an instant, my hands were around his neck.

"No she is not! I won't believe you! Don't you EVER joke around like that!"I hiss.

When I let go, he took in a few deep breaths of air.

"Heh...... Got me there. Don't worry. But she is in a semi-critical condition..." He wheezes,"So she'll be back...... In a week or so.."

He grins wide and looks into his magic mirror. "Wait!?? Where is she???" I panic.

"Uh. Sorry, can't hear you. I'm currently being teleported to another dimension!" Ki mocks.

I slam my fist on the table.

That little.....

Feather POV

"Hey.......... Hey............ Hey.......... Hey........" A nasally voice said, poking
my face. I crack open my eyes to see someone peering down on me.

"Hello there, human!" The voice greets.

I arch my back. Sleeping on a table is really uncomfortable. I sigh and rub my eyes.

"What do you want..." I say, mid-yawn.

"I believe we haven't met yet. My name is Smador, the infamous goblin tinkerer! And I believe you are Miss Feather!" The goblin said, pleased with himself.

"Look, that's cool and all, but let me go back to sleep.." I say, turning over to my side.

"Aha! But you see, Miss Feather! Sebastian wanted me to wake you up!" Smador said. I rolled my eyes and sat up, with only minor aching.

I stare at Sebastian, whom was peddling away at the loom.

"Ah! Sorry to wake you, But I was wondering what your favorite color is? I'm making you some new clothes," Sebastian said, giving me an apologetic look.

"R-really? T-that's so nice... You don't have to--" I started.

"Nonsense! I want to help repay you on helping defeat Skeletron! It would be my pleasure, my dear." He replied.

"Well... Um......Green? Emerald green?" I say, uncertain.

Sebastian face-palmed.

"Of corse! My dear, you'll look absolutely magnificent in that color! It will really bring out your eyes!" Sebastian said, going back to his loom.

I look down at my emerald colored shirt.....

O-......Kay?

Did he not see my shirt or---

N-Nevermind

Now that I think about it..... I have no idea where I am..... I'm guessing Ki's house? Home? Workshop? Whatever? I look around the decently sized wooden room. Different crafting stations were strewn about. There was also platforms leading up and down, leading me to conclude that this has more stories. Two doors on either side, allowing for easy access to the outside.....

Outside...

One thing I did notice is that this room was completely illuminated by torches, no natural light. 

That's weird....

My ears perk up when I hear the sound of a magic mirror. I turn around to see Ki, dusting himself off.

"Well..... That went better than expected." He muttered.

I raised an eyebrow.

"What went better than expected?" I ask. He smirked.

"Oh nothing! Just Brandon strangling me back in your world, that's all..." He said.

"Wait?? What??!?!" I shout, trying to scoot off the table. My feet land into the floor and my knees buckle underneath me.

I face-plant onto the floor, bringing all of the pain of yesterday with me.

"Did you really expect to be able to walk a day after that battle?" Ki scoffed in a snarky matter.

I groan in response. Wait........ Did he say a day????

"Here, Let me help you..." Ki said, walking over towards me. He grabbed me by the shoulders and sat me up.

"Wait..... I gotta go..... I have to go... Brandon---" I panicked.

"Relax. It's taken care of. Just try to rest..." Ki said. I shook my head. I need to get out. Starting to feel claustrophobic....

"No! I've been resting..... I need fresh air.." I mumble, grabbing onto him and pulling myself up.  

"Erm.... I don't think that's a good--" Ki started before Smador interrupted,"Nonsense, Ki, The poor human has been cooped up all day and it's almost nighttime! You should let her out...."

"Ehh.... She should still stay in..." He said, voice cracking.

I give Ki a 'Screw You' look and hold onto the table, trying to balance myself.

I hobble across the room, grabbing onto pieces of furniture.

Ki grabbed my wrist. "Please don't go outside....y-you don't know what's out there.." He stuttered..... That's weird.... He almost never stutters.

I yank my wrist free and hobble towards the door. "Stop! Please!" He begs.

I scoff and turn the door handle.

As soon as I open the door, I'm greeted by a gust of warm air. The cyan grass seemed to sparkle, As the multicolored trees seemed to sway in the wind, the light-colored bark complementing the beautiful colors. . The air smelled fresh, like magic and mint.

A beautiful rainbow stretched across the sky. I was breathless. A pond of purple water lay at the edge of a small hill.

"I was hoping you wouldn't see this........"

Author's Note:

Meh.