Chapter 108: Horse....?

Feather's Point of View

"Fiona? Fiona?? Fi...... Wake up..." A familiar voice said.

"Uuurrrgg.... Not now...." I groan in response.

Wait.... He called me Fiona..... Is..... This another one of those dreams?

The person chuckled.

"You need to get up, I.... Want to show you something before the others get back." He said. The next thing I heard was the door shutting quietly.

I remained in bed for a few minutes longer. But soon, I pried my head up from my pillow.

Wait.... This isn't my bed....

Nor, was this my room.

This has to be a dream

But it all seems so real....

Is this a lucid dream??

I held my hand out in front of my face and counted my fingers, a common test to see if my predictions were correct

1....2...3..4..5....

I counted again...

1...2...3.......4...5?

This.... This is a dream! I'm certain of it!

... But--- how??

Maybe.....Maybe this guy has answers....

I should go talk to him....

I pull the covers off of me and start waking towards the door at one side of the dimly lit room. However, I realize that I'm still wearing my pajamas.

I guess I'll have to get dressed.

"Clothes, Clothes..... Where are my clothes?" I murmured to myself. Correction: not my clothes.

On the chair beside my bed lied a dark green tunic, dark pants and a pair of grey boots.

.....

I'm sure it'll be okay if I put these on. It is a dream after all.

... I think....

Once I slipped into the the clothes, I quickly opened the door and walked out into the hallway. This house is so much more different than mine.... So...  Grand...

I walked along the dark wood staircase, torches  flickering on the walls. I stopped once I was at the top of the stair case to the main room.

The main room was grand. The ceiling stretched up high and a golden chandelier hung high above my head. Different banners and tapestries were lining the walls. A roaring fire danced in the fireplace, emitting warmth throughout the room.

A smoldering sunlight poured through the large windows, making the room bright. Wooden tables were strewn about, most had a dark blue table cloth draped over them.

Where am I??

"Ah! Finally! Come on--" The guy grabbed me by my hand.

"Hey... Umm... Where am I----" I started.

"Ah ah ah! Not one more word until you see the surprise." The guy said. Unwillingly, I complied.

He opened the door and I'm met with a cold breeze.

The sky outside was a light grey, I couldn't see much, however because great buildings blocked my vision.

Small snow flurries fell from the sky, blanketing the ground in a thick layer of snow.

The man beside me chuckled.

"Come on!" He led me through what seemed like a village of sorts. My boots clicked against the cobblestone path.

He finally stopped once we got to a slightly smaller building.

The man looked at me, smiling. He then pushed open the door and went in.

I entered and closed the door behind me.

As soon as I turned around to look into the building, the guy was instantly next to me, holding a candle. He cupped the flame.

"This way..." He said. Through the dark room, I realized something important

We were not alone. 

No....

Instead, I heard the faint sounds of hooves, hitting the ground uneasy. The knickers of foals. The whinnies of great stallions.

We were in a stable...

"I know you don't like going to the stables, but there's something amazing that I want to show you.." The guy explained.

With his free hand, he grabbed mine and laced our fingers together. His hand was warm. It was nice after cold I had just endured.

Too bad I didn't grab a coat. 

He stopped once again and opened up a stall door.

"Easy there...." He said in a calm voice towards the horse.

A light grey horse appeared next to the guy.

"Pet him." The guy said, motioning his head towards the horse.

"P-pet the horse? That's what you brought me out here for?" I asked, a little underwhelmed from the build-up.

The guy smiled.

"Just trust me, Fiona."

I hesitantly stuck my hand towards the horse and ran my fingers over its coat.

??????? Point of View

As soon as she felt the horse's coat, her eyes lit up.  She began grinning widely.

"It's so soft!" She said, eyes gleaming.

I chuckled at her amusement.

"During winter, horses grow out a winter coat, making them super soft." I explain to her.

She let the horse again, giggling a little.

It's.... Nice to see her happy after all the events that took place this fall...  But now... It's time to do what I originally planned to do.

In one swift motion, I blew out the candle.

"Hey... Why'd it get so---"

I cupped her face in my hands before pressing my lips against hers.

Please excuse the quality of this chapter. My back is killing me!