Chapter thirty-four: Familiarity

You are weak........

My dreams were shifting.

You are a weakling....

This was a different voice in my head. It sent chills down my spine.

You think you are great enough to challenge the great Skeletron? (Did.....Did I just make an Undertale ref?)

Through the darkness a giant skull much bigger version of the dungeon guardian appeared.

"You think you are strong enough to defeat me? BWAA HAH HAH! YOU ARE A MERE IDIOT TO THINK SO!" The skull cackled. I continued listening as the skull continued to laugh.

"Hmmm. This might be interesting. Yes....Very Interesting BWAH HAH HAH!" Skeletron continued. The dream shifted. This time I was in the place Ki brought me in Brandon's dream. I watched magma pour down and I smelt an ashy smell. I saw Brandon on the edge of the platform. He turned towards me.

"I can't believe I ever was your friend..." He hissed. I blinked in shock.

"In the end, I should of let you die. Its should of been you instead of me." He continued. What was he talking about?

"You are no hero. You are simply a coward who uses others for your own gain." He said. These words stung.

"You are nothing to me..." He said. Tears were falling down my cheek.

"What are you talking about???" I said, my voice quivering. He laughed darkly.

"I'm talking about you, Coward. Oh! Are you crying? The truth must hurt, doesn't it, Feather?" He hissed. My name sounded like poison on his tongue. He smirked when he saw me crying. It took all my metal energy to not break down and sob.

"Pfft. I bet you can't even defeat Skeletron...." Brandon said.

"And just so you know...... I hate you. You never meant anything to me." He said with a cold stare. I let a sob choke out. I then fell to my knees and began wailing.

"STOP!' I cried out.

I woke up to someone shaking me. I opened my eyes to see Brandon.

"Feather! Feather! Wake up! Please!" He cried out.

"W-w-wwhat's wrong?" I stuttered. He gave me a concerned frown. I sat up.

"You were having a nightmare...... I woke up to the sound of you sobbing..." He said.

"I--I-----I" I stuttered. It hurt to look at him after that nightmare. Was the things the Brandon in my dream said true?

"Feather.....Talk to me..." Brandon pleaded. I buried my face in my hands and continued to sob. I felt the mattress dip as Brandon sat beside me. He wrapped his arms around me. The Brandon in my dream's words echoed through my mind.

"It was just a dream........It's okay now..." Brandon comforted. I started sniffling and Brandon eased up.

"It was awful........" I said softly.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I nodded.

Brandon POV

As soon as Feather mentioned a place of fire and ash, I knew it was going to be a bad dream. She explained about how Skeletron talk to her and.......well....What 'I' said to her. My heart shattered when she said the awful things 'I' said. She started crying again after she told me what happened.

"Feather....You know that none of that is true right?" I ask. She doesn't respond.

"Feather." I say again. She looks the other way. I place my hand on her chin and make her look at me. Her tear-filled emerald eyes stared at me.

"Feather. None of that was true. You are strong. You are the strongest person I know. You're kind, and brave and very chivalrous. I know that you can beat Skeletron" I say firmly. Feather smiles as another tear slips down her cheek. I wipe it away.

"You're much prettier when you're smiling." I say softly. She smiles wider. She then rests her head on my shoulder.

"Thank you, Brandon..." She says, drifting back off to sleep. I pull her close.

"No problem.....I love you Feather..." I reply.